PDA

View Full Version : meat loaf albums, color coded? pattern?

Wario
24 Apr 2011, 11:43
Bat 1's cover is prominatley RED

Bat 2's cover is prominatley BLUE

WTTN's cover is prominatley GREEN

HCTB's cover is prominatley YELLOW

now the difference between bat 1 and Bat 2 is 15 years (1978 - 1993)

and the difference between WTTN and HCTB is 15 years (1995 - 2010)

Its weird, but I think all four covers are somehow connected. and if lined up one after another, look like some sort of pulp art rainbow:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G7EN%2Bl5-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NFbmCn7vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/m/meat-loaf/album-welcome-to-the-neighborhood.jpg http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/newreleases/dynimages/427_410x410.jpg

A Slice Of English
24 Apr 2011, 11:51
WAY too much time on your hands to ponder such non-mysteries...

RSG
24 Apr 2011, 12:16
Midnight is mostly 'black' whereas CHSIB was mostly blue or red depending on the release. I think this all might have something to do with how 'Blind' was mostly brown.. but that's not taking anything away from 'Bad Attitude' where that was more had this blue/polluted look to it. :twisted:

CarylB
24 Apr 2011, 14:23
Warrio you stand alone .. lol .. but could the world manage two or more?

Perhaps a surfeit of chocolate? ;)

Caryl

GDW
24 Apr 2011, 14:25
WOW!!! This is amazing. Purple next?????:roll::-)

duke knooby
24 Apr 2011, 15:00
Its weird, but I think all four covers are somehow connected.

I think you might be on to something, its my belief the covers are all meat loaf album covers

robgomm
24 Apr 2011, 15:45
I think you might be on to something, its my belief the covers are all meat loaf album covers

LMAO

Wario, i'd like to thank you for keeping us entertained.

melon
24 Apr 2011, 17:01
WOW!!! This is amazing. Purple next?????:roll::-)

No, Orange ;) My favourite colour

Flake
24 Apr 2011, 17:14
No the orange and purple cover is still to come, in 2012, Im proud to announce the title of the next album: Meat Loaf ft Barney the friendly dinosaur : Hits for Kids

Steve6
24 Apr 2011, 17:19
You can make connections with all of the albums alright, but it's not in the colour.

Here's the connections I can see from looking at them all

1) Bat 1 and Bat 2 have the exact same motorbike.
2) The driver of the motorbike is the same in both Bat 1 and 2
3) The Bat is also the same on both albums.
4) The Meat Loaf font is the same on all four albums.
5) The woman on WTTN is the same one that's on HCTB. The only difference is she lost a bit of weight since the release of WTTN.

They are connected alright. ;)

duke knooby
24 Apr 2011, 17:53
now the difference between bat 1 and Bat 2 is 15 years (1978 - 1993)

1978?

Monstro
24 Apr 2011, 18:36
1) Bat 1 and Bat 2 have the exact same motorbike.

Apart from......
Diff' exhaust system
Diff' handlebars
Diff' forks
Diff' headlight
Diff' engine
Diff' tank
And...........Bat 1 is a soft tail, Bat 2 is a hard

Adje
24 Apr 2011, 19:38
Apart from......
Diff' exhaust system
Diff' handlebars
Diff' forks
Diff' headlight
Diff' engine
Diff' tank

So what you're saying is that the artist of Bat 2 cover didn't have enough talent to draw the same bike :lol:

Steve6
24 Apr 2011, 19:50
Apart from......
Diff' exhaust system
Diff' handlebars
Diff' forks
Diff' headlight
Diff' engine
Diff' tank

Oh hang on I've noticed something else. The biker on Bat 2 has grey hair and is wearing a vest. The guy on Bat 1 is wearing no vest and has brown hair.

Also the guy on Bat 2 is wearing a mask I wonder why that is?

Does anyone know what the woman in WTTN is actually looking at? she looks afraid and has a shocked face. If you look at the walll behind her you'll see another shadow. I would love to know who or what that shadow is supposed to be.

Adje
24 Apr 2011, 20:01
Or has it to do with succes?
Cover 1 is RED HOT! Must have sold millions and millions of copies.
Cover 2 Is a colder BLue color. It's cooling down from the Redhot succes, still very succesful but not as hot as that first one.
Cover 3 is Green. Basically green is good to go. Decent sales
Cover 4 has red dress and blue trousers. Trying to score like cover 1 and 2. With a majority of orange in the background. Orange -as in traffic lights- means slow down, so no succes here in sales.

Is that the pattern? :twisted:

The Flying Mouse
24 Apr 2011, 23:20
:twisted: I've always seen Meat's album covers as falling into one one of two categories, either fantasy myth and magic, or pulp art from a detective comic.

Only MATLAF doesn't fit the pattern.

If there is a concious decission to make each album a different colour (and I don't think there is) then perhaps it's to make the covers look as different as possible?
Bloke on a bike, big bat, angel, the elements are the same, it's only when you mention the colour you know the album cover in question.

As for HCTB, I think there are a few elements to that album cover.

Meat says that HCTB is a refference to the movie The Valley Of The Dolls.
From reading up on the movie on wikipedia, I get the feeling that the movie is about the loss of innocence of normal girls who go to Hollywood to become stars.

The Hollywood sign in the background is a bit of a clue lol, but there is also the fact that the main woman in the picture seems to be levitating, elevated, an object of desire.

The body lying on the ground seems to be the guy from the Bat III cover.THere is no shirt, so he was topless when he died, he's wearing blue jeans, the sword is the same, he died on a bike.

With that considered I think of the HCTB girl as the angel from the Bat III cover.
The innocent angel has been released to go to Hollywood and become the object of desire.
I actually prefare the thought that they were just passing through, something happened to him while they were there, and left alone she fell under bad influences that have changed her into a different person who will never leave.
She's shed her angel wings, put on her little black dress and become a star in the valley of the dolls.

I think the body of the man has a duel significance, that the hero of the Bat saga is no more (meaning no more Bat albums), but he also represents a hero fallen in battle.Which is what Meat says is the concept of the whole album.

Either that or i'm just reading to much into an album cover :shrug: :lol:

The good thing about art is that there is no right or wrong answer.Everyone decided the story the picture tells them.

Steve6
24 Apr 2011, 23:49
Here's some more Meat covers, that are rare, but I like them.

I can't say I like the helmet. :lol:

http://bigpondmusic.com/images/AlbumCoverArt/198/XXL/Heaven-Can-Wait-The-Best-Of-Meat-Loaf2.jpg

This is another cool one. Seems like he's looking into a bonfire though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wbCIjNQwnpg/TGotcuXtuVI/AAAAAAAAC7w/e0eUYiC_WqM/s1600/Meat+Loaf+-+Back+From+Hell+(WinCE).jpg

The Flying Mouse
24 Apr 2011, 23:53
:twisted: The helmet is a bit naff :lol:
I think the whole cover on the picture at the top is a pretty bad show.
It looks like the cover of a bad bootleg.

I would be surprised if Meat had any input whatsoever in the cover art of compilations (he doesn't even seem to have a say in content or if should even be released) so I wouldn't really apply any sort of planned formula to them.

Wario
25 Apr 2011, 00:11
the only planned formula in the compilation artworks is a motorcyle, a muscular guy, and a big boobed woman :))

MeatGrl1
25 Apr 2011, 01:13
Here's some more Meat covers, that are rare, but I like them.

I can't say I like the helmet. :lol:

http://bigpondmusic.com/images/AlbumCoverArt/198/XXL/Heaven-Can-Wait-The-Best-Of-Meat-Loaf2.jpg

This is another cool one. Seems like he's looking into a bonfire though.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wbCIjNQwnpg/TGotcuXtuVI/AAAAAAAAC7w/e0eUYiC_WqM/s1600/Meat+Loaf+-+Back+From+Hell+(WinCE).jpg

Not really rare I picked mine up in HMV a few years back... :lol: !!

Helmet is very naff indeed !!

And as for this thread... What is the point and Wario you really seriously need to get out more and away from the computer !!

Steve6
25 Apr 2011, 18:10
And as for this thread... What is the point and Wario you really seriously need to get out more and away from the computer !!

Not at all, I actually think it's very interesting to be honest. Well maybe not the connection between the colours, but the little details in the album covers are very interesting.

nikox1
25 Apr 2011, 18:26
in years to come i bet some FBI files are leaked containing the secrets of the Meat Loaf album cover colours:lol:,,

allrevvedup
25 Apr 2011, 18:28
In years to come, i'm sure there'll be FBI files explaining some of wario's posts:D

and btw Bat 1 was released in the US in 1977 and in Britain in 1978 right?

nikox1
25 Apr 2011, 18:31
In years to come, i'm sure there'll be FBI files explaining some of wario's posts:D

and btw Bat 1 was released in the US in 1977 and in Britain in 1978 right?

that is correct 1977 and 1978,, wario is on the FBI,s most wanted list for crimes against opinion polls