PDA

View Full Version : How Meat Loaf impacted our lives personally

tribrats
13 Apr 2011, 18:01
My kids grew up listening and loving but the biggest impact came in 2002-2003. I had my 3rd, Abby, in November 2002. At 2 weeks old she had a seizure and ended up in the hospital for 4 days and had every test under the sun. Since I was breastfeeding, I had to stay with her. Hubby grabbed a stack of CD's for me to listen to. BOOH was 1 and that's mainly what I played. Kept me sane! She's 8 now and never had another seizure and to this day they still don't know why she did.

Fast forward to Spring (2003) and Abby ended up having chronic ear infections. People think I'm joking when I say the only thing that would calm her was BOOH (the song). That one song is the only thing that worked. A lot of people learned to love that song during that time!

Now, I'm bipolar and have ADD. My other 2 kids were quiet and didn't want to be held. Perfect for me. Abby was cranky (from the infections) and clingy. BOOH was my lifeline when I needed a break.

For that alone, I owe Meat Loaf a huge thanks!

Cherry.Loaf
13 Apr 2011, 18:34
Meat Loaf's been in my life since I was brought home from the hospital. Me and my Brothers grew up with him being played in the car, tribute acts and our Dad singing his songs every day. Loosing my Dad when I was 15 Meat was the only thing that really got through to me and the album helped me get out of a very dark time in my life. Now nearly 6 years later I've seen him twice live and have been lucky enough to thank him in person

RSG
13 Apr 2011, 21:37
I just remember a real loud stereo, Bat Out Of Hell playing, being four years old, dancing to the loud numbers. I remember Great suppers and funny smelling smoke through out the trailor my family resided. I have the very CD we used to play, I hid it from Dad after all these years. He hid it from his sister another 10 years before that ;)

RSG
14 Apr 2011, 00:46
Great suppers and funny smelling smoke through out the trailor my family resided.

I should rephrase that, haha. Mum would burn many meals lol :oops:

tribrats
14 Apr 2011, 01:00
I should rephrase that, haha. Mum would burn many meals lol :oops:

Yeah, probably a good idea because to be honest, wasn't my first thought, :lol:

melon
14 Apr 2011, 03:55
Meat’s influence on my life is morphing & evolving all the time. I always find another reason why I adore & revere him so much. Anyway, Meat has influenced my life in different ways, some of which I have only recently noticed, ironically this thread came about within only hours of me writing about some of this off threads!

I am still adamant that the first time I ever heard Meat was Took the Words on a Sunkist advert on TV when I was a wee kiddie…. But as I was only a wee kiddie, it may just have been my imagination! After that I didn’t really develop the love of Meat Loaf that I have now until my very early teens, despite photographic evidence that this may not be the case! (Those that are friends with me on FB may have seen me use the profile pic with the Tot (Me) & Red hanky in hand)

I am now recognised at cricket, as quoted in my profile description from a year or so ago as “Staking my claim as the worlds biggest Meat Loaf fan.” Ha ha. I can mention Meat in conversation & it’s amazing how many people will then say, “Oh my god I love Meat Loaf!” Then the conversation usually goes on for ages! Meat helps me make friends and he’s not even there ha ha.

Through being himself I have been able to understand a little more about myself. The last few months in my cricket have been a really tough few & I am just finding out what I am made of & what sort of person I really am deep down, how others view me etc. Just some of the things I have heard him say in interviews etc have clarified/opened my eyes to what I need to do/how I need to act & treat others. He’s giving me the advice I need without being there!

I am truly thankful for Meat & grateful that I became a fan.

Hypnobabe
14 Apr 2011, 11:13
Yeah, probably a good idea because to be honest, wasn't my first thought, :lol:

Mine either!

loafi
14 Apr 2011, 13:21
I first heard Bat aut of Hell in 1983 and since that day I can`t live without him. Meat Loaf and his voice is my paradise! I hear him early in the morning to make my day good and also late in the evening to let it end good! No matter what he sings I love it!

tribrats
14 Apr 2011, 14:38
And he has a song for every and any occasion and mood!

melon
14 Apr 2011, 15:10
And he has a song for every and any occasion and mood!

So true

Feleena
14 Apr 2011, 18:00
My dear Husband who I sadly lost last year introduced me to Meats music in 1987 when we first met. I have been a huge fan since and we went to many shows together. Through Meat Loaf's music we have met many lovely friends through MLUKFC, and we even helped out with the running of this lovely club for a while.
Our dear daughter Emma enjoys the music too and we were lucky to take her to see him in concert together his music will be with us as a family forever :)

Evil One
14 Apr 2011, 19:20
He's put out some awesome songs that I enjoy listening to. :shrug:

Devil's Son
14 Apr 2011, 22:03
right, some awesome songs listen that i enjoy listening to, too. not more, especially since the last months - sorry.
:evil:

Paul Richardson
15 Apr 2011, 00:44
My 'Meat Loaf' story is going to a rock pub at 17 and hearing Ace Of Spades and Bat Out Of Hell played on their video jukebox repetitively, like every other song. Ace Of Spades sounded like dirge, Bat Out Of Hell sounded amazing, and better value since it was the full version and your 50p lasted almost 10 minutes. It was then, and is now, just the greatest rock record / performance of all time...

Shea
15 Apr 2011, 02:37
Well, Meat impacted my life in several ways.

The first story that pops to mind is years ago when I first met him. I met him on a film set we were both working on. I was chatting with him for a while. To make a long story short. I was in one of those positions in my life where things were not so good. He gave me the best advice. Never give up on your dreams, and never let anyone tell you you can't do something. Very sage advice at the right time for me. Impacted me huge and turned things around for me.

There is way to much to list but that is one time I remember clearly.

Thank you Meat for changing my life and how I deal with people. :-) You rock dude!!

Shea

lisa01
15 Apr 2011, 03:04
Two years ago i lost my aunty Sharon to cancer she was a very big fan of meat loaf her favorite meat loaf song is for crying out loud and evry time i play that song it reminds me of all the happy memories i have spent with her so i would personaly like to thank meat loaf for making that song its one of my favrite songs that i love to listen to over and over again thank you meat loaf all your songs are very special to me

Wario
17 Apr 2011, 11:22
if it weren't for meat i wouldn't be on this forum.

loafi
17 Apr 2011, 15:09
I first heard Bat out of Hell in 1983 and since that day I can`t live without him. Meat Loaf and his voice is my paradise! I hear him early in the morning to make my day good and also late in the evening to let it end good! No matter what he sings I love it!

duke knooby
17 Apr 2011, 15:24
if it wasn't for Meat, Wario wouldn't be on this forum :twisted:

Elijah's way
17 Apr 2011, 22:42
I had a terrible childhood and Meat's music helped me through it all.

Meatfan4ever
17 Apr 2011, 23:17
My father died when I was 4 and my mother died when I was 14. my twin brother and I moved from New Orleans, Louisiana to Las Vegas Nevada. I couldn't bring with me many of my belongings and my stereo had broken on the 28 hour drive. I was so desperate for music that my older sister gave me a mixed tape that had Two Out of Three and Bat out of Hell on it. Shortly after that I purchased Bat out of Hell and never looked back. Meat helped me through a rough time in my life. I moved back to Louisiana shortly thereafter and gave birth to my daughter. I lost my Bat CD in the move. So I would sing every song on the albulm to my daugher in the womb as well as when I tucked her into bed. She too loves Meat and knows how much he means to me. That is very special to me.