PDA

View Full Version : Patti in Berlin?!

unbekannt
10 Mar 2011, 19:01
According to Twitter, Patti performed in Berlin/Germany yesterday together with Paul Young and Midge Ure (so probably with the SAS Band).
Does anybody know anything about it?

flaxin
10 Mar 2011, 19:03
This is the tweet I got from one of the people who had tweeted about the event.

"The event at the Kempinski was called "Rock Around the World 2011" and it's an annual party that they do around ITB."

That's all I know :)

unbekannt
10 Mar 2011, 19:09
That's more than I knew till now. ;) Thank you!

Anybody knows if it was a public event?

duke knooby
10 Mar 2011, 20:27
patti in berlin???? good question, she takes my breath away, but i'm pretty sure she was never in berlin :-P

allrevvedup
10 Mar 2011, 20:37
patti in berlin???? good question, she takes my breath away, but i'm pretty sure she was never in berlin :-P

You're helping out of work drummers with that post :-P

wolverine
10 Mar 2011, 20:57
You're helping out of work drummers with that post :-P

this was the original tweet

@WotifG2G
Paul Young, Midge Ure, Jamie Moses, Patti Russo & more! Wot a gig - Thank You Kempinski! #itbcon11

:)

AndyK
10 Mar 2011, 21:01
From that line up it certainly looks like it was an SAS band gig.

unbekannt
10 Mar 2011, 21:22
Yes, it does sound like it was a SAS Band gig, but there's nothing on the SAS Band website about it. There seems to be nothing about it at all on the World Wide Web. I searched the whole ITB event list for it – nothing! :shock:

AndyK
10 Mar 2011, 23:48
The SAS band do a lot of shows that don't get publicised.

unbekannt
11 Mar 2011, 00:00
Do you know if those gigs are all private?

AndyK
11 Mar 2011, 00:11
It depends on what you'd class as private. They do a number of "exclusive" gigs, (private parties and corporate events etc) where access to tickets would be very hard to get.

unbekannt
11 Mar 2011, 11:22
Thanks, Andy!

Smithie
11 Mar 2011, 19:55

That's a good one. I had forgotten about that band.

Here's a pic of Paul Young at the event but I didn't see one of Patti.

http://ow.ly/i/90EU

glamourgirl
11 Mar 2011, 21:04
Yes, it does sound like it was a SAS Band gig, but there's nothing on the SAS Band website about it. There seems to be nothing about it at all on the World Wide Web. I searched the whole ITB event list for it – nothing! :shock:

Nikola, maybe you could try emailing ITB. On the website, it says the general public is welcome on the 12th and 13th.

unbekannt
12 Mar 2011, 16:28
Nikola, maybe you could try emailing ITB. On the website, it says the general public is welcome on the 12th and 13th.
I've sent them an email if the SAS Band will perform there a second time and if they have any photos of the performance. No answer yet, but I doubt Patti will perform there again.