PDA

View Full Version : Here is the poll for the best music video...

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 00:25
Obviously I can't fit them all on, but I doubt anyone would vote for the Cry Over Me or Man Of Steel videos anyway!

duke knooby
18 Feb 2011, 00:26
finally...the poll i asked for at least a week ago (in post ones thoughts)

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 00:28
finally...the poll i asked for at least a week ago (in post ones thoughts)You could have done it yourself! :-P

Anything For Love for me.

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 00:29
1. I would do anything for love
2. Bat Out of Hell
3. Dead Ringer for Love
4. Couldn't Have Said it Better
5. Objects in the rear view mirror may appear close
6. I'd Lie For You and that's the Truth
7. Los Angeloser
8. Black Betty
9. More Than You Deserve
10.Not a Dry eye in the House
11. Rock and Roll Dreams come Through
12.If This is the Last Kiss
13.Hot Patootie - Bless My Soul
14.It's All Coming Back to Me Now

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 00:31
What exactly are the videos for If This Is The Last Kiss and Black Betty like then? :shock:

Monstro
18 Feb 2011, 00:37
Obviously I can't fit them all on, but I doubt anyone would vote for the Cry Over Me or Man Of Steel videos anyway!

Less said about TMIL the better as well lol

Monstro
18 Feb 2011, 00:38
Anything For Love for me.

Explains why you're always skint :D

The Flying Mouse
18 Feb 2011, 00:38
Less said about TMIL the better as well lol

:twisted: I've got to admit, I liked it :shock:

duke knooby
18 Feb 2011, 00:41
wheres 2 outta 3? read em and weep? more than you deserve?

etc

duke knooby
18 Feb 2011, 00:42
You could have done it yourself! :-P

i couldn't, i dont do polls

(and rarely capitals)

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 00:43
Do you do duvets? As I said, there is only space for 15. Perhaps we should have held a poll to determine this poll?

duke knooby
18 Feb 2011, 00:44
As I said, there is only space for 15.

you never said that

Wario
18 Feb 2011, 00:57
youre missing a lot. my personal favorite, RAW, is not on here.
dunno what to choose: Objects, MTYD, or Los Angeloser....

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 01:06
i did actually come up with the idea and posted the original poll under my name , and it was my first time so that was why i got mixed up at beginning, just needed a few minutes

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 01:19
Here is the Official list

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 01:41
Threads merged, kept Evil's poll as it had more votes.

Vickip
18 Feb 2011, 01:42
What exactly are the videos for If This Is The Last Kiss and Black Betty like then? :shock:

Exactly ... and where are the videos for Did I Say That and Paradise By The Dashboard Light :??:

Sarge
18 Feb 2011, 01:51

They weren't official videos, were they? I have only seen fan videos on YouTube.

Voted for I'd Lie For You because I like the Triumph motorcycle and the movie references. Unfortunately no one makes music videos like that anymore. :(

duke knooby
18 Feb 2011, 02:15
good date to close a poll though

Wario
18 Feb 2011, 02:19
If this is the last kiss and Black betty are fan videos.... :wtf:

Read the description for the ITITLK Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5he42PIdkg

The black betty video is just black betty synced over the Kiss is a terrible thing to waste video montage.

itd be like if you put my Meat Loaf Birthday video in this poll....

and hot patootie's a scene from a movie. not a stand alone music video.

of all things to leave out ... paradise and DIST? (*cough*replace the fan videos with these two*cough*)

a lot of things are wrong with this.

Unfortunately no one makes music videos like that anymore.

agreed :(

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 02:34
Yea well probably best if people boycott the idea now as it merits no value

Unfortunately people stick there noses in without minding their own business

Wario
18 Feb 2011, 02:37
Yea well probably best if people boycott the idea now as it merits no value

Unfortunately people stick there noses in without minding their own business

I am sorry. I dont understand the context to any of that lol

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 03:18
i will explain
i was originally setting up the poll and evil one stuck his nose in, cause it was my first time i wasnt sure then by the time i have it done he sticks up the poll as if it was his idea then some moderator takes mine off,
so as i say i couldnt care less about the poll now,
thats all
by the way nice track that ammnesty

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 10:00
Some moderator? :roll: it's simple, as you know, the history is there to be seen, the decisions made are perfectly clear.

faolteam
18 Feb 2011, 15:45
Threads didnt merge they were robbed ???

As for making a Mess of it :

This site gives no Support for members who try to come up with ideas and have never done this before ,

I Suffer from Dyslexia so it takes quite a bit for me to put up things here.and i need help with people around me for the spelling etc and to read it

Its Bully Boy Tatics and Favouritism on here,

And i will not let any person to tell me to P??S off,

and i hope that the Head moderator here will see fit that your bannned for those awful degrading comments,

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 16:42
Our editorial policy is not for discussion. You agreed to that when you signed up as a member here. Mods and admins are not here 24/7, so sometimes things do get posted when we're not about to help.

The only thing lost when the threads were merged was the poll from the thread that was merged into this one.

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 16:54
and i hope that the Head moderator here will see fit that your bannned for those awful degrading comments,
Because I didn't help you out by giving you a step by step guide to creating a poll last night, which you then repaid by behaving like an arse? If it's favoritism you'd bothered about, then I would suggest I'm am close to the bottom of the pile on that front! :twisted:

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 17:04
OK. Enough.

Back on topic please!

allrevvedup
18 Feb 2011, 17:53
I think my fav vid, without being my fav song, is I'd lie for you closely followed by Did I say that

*hold on a sec, there's a fan vid of Black betty which has nothing to do with the song and Did I Say That isn't up there?

CarylB
18 Feb 2011, 18:48
*hold on a sec, there's a fan vid of Black betty which has nothing to do with the song and Did I Say That isn't up there?

Yes, "Did I Say That?" would get my vote were it listed. I think it was on the other thread because I voted for it ;) I've liked all the music videos Meat's made, but DIST was my favourite.

Caryl

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 18:57
Yes, "Did I Say That?" would get my vote were it listed. I think it was on the other thread because I voted for it
I think it was too. ;)

You really prefer the Did I Say That video to any of the Bat 2 ones or I'd Lie For You? :faint:

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 19:04
You've got your chance to vote for Did I Say That now ...

Modern Girl isn't in the list and that would be a candidate for my favourite, not based on the quality of the video (how tacky 80's can you get!) but because of the experiences of the time, and the fact that the video got banned by the BBC, although without the effect on sales that Frankie Goes To Hollywood achieved with Relax!

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 19:14
Is it Did I Say That? or Did I Say That without the question mark? Should we have a poll for that too? :lol:

allrevvedup
18 Feb 2011, 19:28
You've got your chance to vote for Did I Say That now ...

Modern Girl isn't in the list and that would be a candidate for my favourite, not based on the quality of the video (how tacky 80's can you get!) but because of the experiences of the time, and the fact that the video got banned by the BBC, although without the effect on sales that Frankie Goes To Hollywood achieved with Relax!

Since I was very young back in 1984, why was Modern girl banned?

AndyK
18 Feb 2011, 19:36
It very briefly had a shot of a Magaret Thatcher lookalike perched ontop of a rubbish pile ... incredibly tame by todays standards, but enough for the BBC to warrant a ban for the video.

Wario
18 Feb 2011, 19:47
still bugs me that Last kiss and bb are still in this poll. Voted for Objects though ;).

Ill make a new two part poll (1978 - 1986) and (1993 - Current) for the beginning of April then the winners of both polls will go head to head in a two option poll at the beginning of may then may 30th that poll will end and we will decree the winner.

simple as that.

Credit will go to faol and E1.

Sound good?

It very briefly had a shot of a Magaret Thatcher lookalike perched ontop of a rubbish pile ... incredibly tame by todays standards, but enough for the BBC to warrant a ban for the video.

I wonder if thats why HOOH cut it from the album :shrug:

Evil One
18 Feb 2011, 19:58
Credit will go to faol and E1.There's no need to credit me in any way. Credit it all to Duke Knooby instead. :twisted:

The Flying Mouse
18 Feb 2011, 20:25
still bugs me that Last kiss and bb are still in this poll. Voted for Objects though ;).

Ill make a new two part poll (1978 - 1986) and (1993 - Current) for the beginning of April then the winners of both polls will go head to head in a two option poll at the beginning of may then may 30th that poll will end and we will decree the winner.

:twisted: Sounds like a plan :up:

Credit will go to faol and E1.

What about me?
I want some credit too :bleh:

As both this poll and thread are both pretty much off the reservation, i'll lock this thread down and take up some on topic discussion on the new poll threads.