PDA

View Full Version : What was in the 50 Minute Medley?

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 14:29
I made an ill fated thread asking if meat would share what was in it and didnt really work to plan. Sent him a PM, when he answers well knw for sure.

But, what do you think the 50 minute medley sounded like?

What I think:

It starts off with Boneyard. then Boneyard is interrupted by the old lady from masculine saying "Im gonna call the police" and Masculine starts.

Then Masculine goes into Midnight at the Lost and Found. then midnight gets into Patti's "you have the right" part of CHSIB.

CHSIB then gets into I'd Lie For You and that goes into What you see is what you get.

What you see then gets into In the Land of the Pig.

Land of the Pig will go into Modern Girl then that will go into Everything Louder which intern gets us into free bird and All Revved Up.

so in short:

Boneyard
Masculine
Midnight
CHSIB
I'd Lie For You
What You See
Pig
Modern Girl
Everything Louder
Freeebird / Revved Up

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 14:51
Meat, pleeeeaaaaase play Masculine, otherwise Wario will never stop mentioning it again and again.

Evil One
21 Jan 2011, 14:58
Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss about this medley? I'd rather have three or four full songs than 10 bits mashed together. :cool:

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 15:03
Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss about this medley?

You're not.

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 15:09
then why reply to a thread asking what you think was in it? if you don't care then why bother with it? :shrug:

of course I make a thread and the minute I say the M word its the center of discussion lol

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 15:36
then why reply to a thread asking what you think was in it?

Should we say what we think Meat had selected or what we'd like to hear? When looking at your list, I have the feeling as if you thought of the latter.

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 15:52
Should we say what we think Meat had selected or what we'd like to hear? When looking at your list, I have the feeling as if you thought of the latter.

Actually It could go both ways. My medley prediction was a little of both and is entirely plausible.

allrevvedup
21 Jan 2011, 18:15
Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss about this medley? I'd rather have three or four full songs than 10 bits mashed together. :cool:

When I think of the idea of meat doing a 50 minute medley...the following lyric comes to mind:

'Next time I'm here they'll be diggin' my grave'

I don't think Meat needs to be doing that amount of songs in such a short period at this stage of his career.

But then again Wario, I seem to remember Meat reacting to a set list you had suggesting by saying it'd take him 3 shows to complete it!

and yeah Evil One, I agree a few complete songs would work better. A medley can be clever if done right but for 50 minutes? That's nearly half a show:shock:

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 19:38
A medley can be clever if done right but for 50 minutes? That's nearly half a show:shock:

It could become a little annoying to hear only bits of songs over such a long period of time. The songs that are used for a medley should have something in common and relate to each other somehow, too, otherwise it might appear a bit odd and random.

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 19:48
It could become a little annoying to hear only bits of songs over such a long period of time. The songs that are used for a medley should have something in common and relate to each other somehow, too, otherwise it might appear a bit odd and random.

Look at he 15 minute rock medlies of the late 80s and early 90s for an example of a good medley on all fonts.

Evil One
21 Jan 2011, 19:53
Look at he 15 minute rock medlies of the late 80s and early 90s for an example of a good medley on all fonts.
That depends on your definition of good.

The Flying Mouse
21 Jan 2011, 20:17
then why reply to a thread asking what you think was in it?

:twisted: Do you honestly believe that half the songs you mentioned in the first post were to be included in a 50 minute medley? :wtf:

Midnight has resurfaced a couple of times over the years, but Masculine, CHSIB, What You See, and Modern Girl are all history.

So is this a prediction thread or a wish list?

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 20:19

You probably refer to the Rock 'n' Roll Medley - which usually consisted of songs that were similar to each other with regard to style.

meatfanforlife
21 Jan 2011, 20:19
I would LOVE to see Meat perform Masculine again, I think live its a great song. The studio version however blows balls.

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 20:41
:twisted: Do you honestly believe that half the songs you mentioned in the first post were to be included in a 50 minute medley? :wtf:

Midnight has resurfaced a couple of times over the years, but Masculine, CHSIB, What You See, and Modern Girl are all history.

So is this a prediction thread or a wish list?

Prediction thread. and a stoney and meatloaf song was arranged according to an interview. Most likely what you see.

Midnight hasnt been performed since 2003 and something from CHSIB had to be in the medley.

Masculine he performed most from bbis and modern girl is the most famous BA song. what I listed was indeed plausable.

Evil One
21 Jan 2011, 20:50
Show me where Meat said that the medley would contain a song from every album. I remember him saying that the show would feature a song from every album. :twisted:

BostonAngel
21 Jan 2011, 20:51

You're not.

I second that. Since the medley never made it to stage, I really don't care what was in it.

A Slice Of English
21 Jan 2011, 21:17
I quite like medley's but 50 minutes is extreme. I like a bit of a break between songs so I can recover my wits a little bit! A 50 minute medley without a breather for the audience is likely to exhaust rather than impress both the audience AND the artists.

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 22:34
Show me where Meat said that the medley would contain a song from every album. I remember him saying that the show would feature a song from every album. :twisted:

HERES WHERE MEAT SAID IT. IT WAS THE POST WHERE HE YELLED AT ME:

http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=504230

Dunno why everyone's up my ass about this. 17 replies and Nobody has said what they thought the song choices would be for the medley.

Jesus.

Sarge
21 Jan 2011, 22:42
You said you sent Meat a PM asking him what the medley included. I'm a lazy person. Instead of wasting time with speculating about it, I'll wait for his response. :p

Wario
21 Jan 2011, 22:58
Of course id forget a dead ringer song in my medley prediction.

Dead Ringer after revved up

duke knooby
21 Jan 2011, 23:43
Dunno why everyone's up my ass about this.

i'm not, and its not somewhere i ever wanna go ;)

meatfanforlife
21 Jan 2011, 23:57
i'm not, and its not somewhere i ever wanna go ;)

I second that. :-P:twisted:

Evil One
22 Jan 2011, 00:17
I third it. :lol:

Wario
17 Aug 2011, 01:42
I guess it could be assumed the BBIS represented in this medley wasn't RRM nor Masculine..... it probably was most likely Execution Day.