PDA

View Full Version : imagine... a Deluxe Bat Trilogy Box Set

hairyone
12 Dec 2010, 05:25
Surely this is something we all want to see happen!

Wario
12 Dec 2010, 09:22
Just Imagine:

DISK 1 & 2: Bat 1 Remastered / EL Macombo 1978 Remastered CD

DISK 3 & 4: Bat 2 Remastered / Rotterdam, 1994 DVD

DISK 5 & 6: Bat 3 / Atlantic City, 2006 CD

all in the dreams of one's mind, sadly.

Im hoping for a complete 20 Disk discography box-set. including the above three plus:

DISK 7 & 8: Dead Ringer Remastered / Rockpop Dortmund, 1981 DVD

DISK 9 & 10: Midnight Remastered + Lost Love / Wembley 1983 Radio Broadcast CD

DISK 11 & 12: BA Remastered + Take A Number, Stand By Me, and Clap Your Hands / Bad Attitude Live unedited DVD

DISK 13 & 14: BBIS Remastered / Meat Loaf Live Remastered

DISK 15 & 16: WTTN / In the Neighborhood DVD

DISK 17 & 18: CHSIB / HCTB

DISK 19: Stoney & Meatloaf

DISK 20: The Rare Recordings

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 10:43
Rockpop Dortmund, 1981 DVD
Why in the name of all that's holy would you want such a thing? :nope:

There was almost a Bat box set a couple of years ago, but it never happened. :roll:

Wario
12 Dec 2010, 10:52

I wouldn't but since wembley 1982 is coming out on DVD there's nothing else left from that tour

Plus, according to an email I sent to miss Pam Moore the set that night was:

Come in the night
I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us
American Guitar
Revved up
Ill Kill You If You Don't Come Back
DRFL
Bat
Two out of Three
The Promised Land
Gimme Shelter

She hated that gig.

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 11:03
I wouldn't but since wembley 1982 is coming out on DVD there's nothing else left from that tour
That you know of.
She hated that gig.
I don't blame her.

carole
12 Dec 2010, 11:43

There was almost a Bat box set a couple of years ago, but it never happened. :roll:

Yeah it was going to be released on the 30th anniversary of Bat, but then it didn't happen, not sure why.

Carole

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 12:00
Yeah it was going to be released on the 30th anniversary of Bat, but then it didn't happen, not sure why.

Carole
Record company politics probably.

Paul Richardson
12 Dec 2010, 12:24
Im hoping for a complete 20 Disk discography box-set.

Given the deluxe HCTB box set cost £60 - how much do you think a monster 20 disk discography is going to cost ?

If there's to be an end of career special edition perhaps it should focus on quality not quantity. Meat has released quality and dross in about equal measure, for every Dead Ringer there's A Blind Before I Stop.

What about a remastered Bat 1 / 2 / 3 (including the best songs from Dead Ringer) with some bonus tracks of unrecorded Steinman songs (ie Children / Body / Not Allowed / Wonderful Toys etc) to finish on a high ?

A 'Best Of' live CD had already been done (Live Around The World) so there doesn't seem much point in this. :shrug:

Paul Richardson
12 Dec 2010, 12:31
What about a remastered Bat 1 / 2 / 3 (including the best songs from Dead Ringer) with some bonus tracks of unrecorded Steinman songs (ie Children / Body / Not Allowed / Wonderful Toys etc) to finish on a high ?

Actually on second thoughts they should just do a double disk of Meat & Jim's best collaborations remastered with the bonus tracks thrown in. That would leave space for songs like Surf's Up, No Matter What, or A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste.

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 12:40
A 'Best Of' live CD had already been done (Live Around The World) so there doesn't seem much point in this. :shrug:
There's so much other stuff out there. I'd like a CD/DVD from every tour, plus all the albums remastered (if necessary) along with all the B-sides. And all the music videos. That's worth paying a few quid for! :twisted:

Paul Richardson
12 Dec 2010, 12:46
There's so much other stuff out there. I'd like a CD/DVD from every tour, plus all the albums remastered (if necessary) along with all the B-sides. And all the music videos. That's worth paying a few quid for! :twisted:

I agree that you and I, and others on this board, probably would. I just can't see the general public buying it in huge numbers, so the record company probably wouldn't do it.

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 12:51
We can hope. I've seen stranger things released.

Wario
12 Dec 2010, 12:53
what was the 30th anniversary of bat supposed to contain?

carole
12 Dec 2010, 12:56

Yeah I'd love something like that too, it would be fantastic.

Carole

Evil One
12 Dec 2010, 12:56
I think it was just the 3 Bats on CD in a shiny box. Do some thread digging on here and you'll probably find it.

hairyone
14 Dec 2010, 01:08
I agree that what we don't need is another ultimate collection, best of, very best of etc.

But the Three Bat Albums are a clear body of work, which would benefit from being bought together in one pack along with "Deluxe" type element (live tracks, b sides, covers etc)

Mr. Happy
14 Dec 2010, 12:59
But the Three Bat Albums are a clear body of work, which would benefit from being bought together in one pack along with "Deluxe" type element (live tracks, b sides, covers etc)

I agree completely with this. As long as somewhere in there is included What Part of My Body and Still the Children. Maybe even Braver Than We Are. After so many years. No more terrible bootlegs or inferior demos. The best singer ever singing some of the best songs ever...

But I'm being greedy. A Three Bats box set would be cool anyway :D

The Flying Mouse
14 Dec 2010, 17:20
:twisted: I don't think it's likely that there'd be much unreleased material (we all know how reluctant record companies can be on that score, so i'd hazard a guess at.............

Bat I album.
Rockpalatz DVD

Bat II album
Bat II Picture Show DVD

Bat III album
3 Bats Live

Perhaps with the classic albums documentry and Behind The Music.

They might also throw in a T shirt and a keyring.

Evil One
14 Dec 2010, 17:39
There's the Amsterdam show from the Bat 2 tour as featured at the end of the Classic Albums DVD, and it's been said before that one of the Hudson Theater shows with Jim was also filmed.

There must be something else from the 3 Bats Tour that could be used. I'd be surprised if Meat didn't keep at least some of the footage that was used for the big screens. I would bet an item of my anatomy (:-P) that there is video of the Royal Albert Hall show locked away in someone's vault.

Wario
14 Dec 2010, 17:45
I would bet an item of my anatomy (:-P) that there is video of the Royal Albert Hall show locked away in someone's vault.

Wasnt it broadcast somewhere after the show? couldve sworn someone said RAH's bar was replaying it.

The Flying Mouse
14 Dec 2010, 18:31
:twisted: All that stuff might be out there, in fact it's probably out there, but as I say, record companies for one reason or another don't want it released.

Evil One
14 Dec 2010, 18:52
:twisted: All that stuff might be out there, in fact it's probably out there, but as I say, record companies for one reason or another don't want it released.
Which makes me wonder why. :shrug:

The Flying Mouse
14 Dec 2010, 18:56
:twisted: You and everyone else on this forum.

My theory is this, that they have these unreleased items but do not have the confidence that they (on their own) are commercially viable.
But they won't let other people have access to, or release anything they have copyright over, because god forbid that someone somewhere should make $0.50 without them getting a sizeable cut :facepalm:

For instance, look at the promo vids owned by Arista.
They must have about 4/5 (off the top of my head) really rare promo vids.
Not enough for a DVD, but if they were put on a Hits Out Of Hell with the rest of the vids the fans would flock to buy it.

But Epic wouldn't want to pay too much for the rights because they have no faith, and Arista don't want to let them go cheap because they don't want to miss out on cashing in on 25 year old vids that are gathering dust in a store room.

So it's the fans that miss out.

Evil One
14 Dec 2010, 19:00
You're probably spot on. Even a moron would realise a DVD called 'Meat Loaf Live At The Royal Albert Hall - Featuring all 3 Bat Out Of Hell albums' would turn in a tidy profit for all concerned. Sadly it seems those in charge aren't good enough to be called morons. :shrug:

The Flying Mouse
14 Dec 2010, 19:03
:twisted: There's already a 3 Bats Live, why would the fans want THAT? :nuts:

That's the attitude and mentality we're up against.

See what i've just been editing in my last post about Epic and Arista too.

Wario
14 Dec 2010, 19:04
OR Meat doesnt want them released and is saving it all up

The Flying Mouse
14 Dec 2010, 19:05
:twisted: I don't believe Meat has much choice in these matters.

loaferman61
14 Dec 2010, 19:17
I'd like to see all the pro-shot stuff that has not been comercially released made into a box set (except Dortmund). It would probably be very expensive but I'd buy it. They'd probably sell better as individual releases. I can't figure out how Journey keeps cranking out Dvd's that sell for $10 each and so much of Meat's stuff is not available. Maybe they'll do a Meat Loaf episode of "Glee" since he appeared on that show and kids will hear him like they did Journey. I see no reason to re-release the "Bat" albums again, especially Bat 3.

MeatLoafFanRay
14 Dec 2010, 19:47
Something like the Bon Jovi special edition albums that came out earlier this year would be good. It was all the orginal albums tracks remastered plus up to 4 never before released live recordings of tracks from the album all from the tour promoting the album at the time.

Pudding
21 Dec 2010, 20:24

Not me. I have all the songs already.

Oriel
23 Dec 2010, 17:09
I wouldn't like to see this happen as I think that Bat III is an absolute disgrace.

Vickip
23 Dec 2010, 17:42

Not me ... I'd much rather see a blu-ray / DVD from the recent HCTB tour :-)

Evil One
23 Dec 2010, 20:09
Nor me, unless it came with some extras. As Pudding said, I already have all the songs.