PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf - Meat Loaf Was Too Tired For Groupies

Wario
04 Dec 2010, 05:06
This was a fairly interesting (yet short) interview/article.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/meat-loaf-was-too-tired-for-groupies_1187551

AndrewG
04 Dec 2010, 05:34
Maybe he was just worried the Groupies wouldn't turn out to be what they looked like initially. I know of at least one massive Meat Loaf fan who openly posted recently that he is a transvestite. You can never be too sure about the girl.

Elijah's way
04 Dec 2010, 06:55
Maybe he was just worried the Groupies wouldn't turn out to be what they looked like initially. I know of at least one massive Meat Loaf fan who openly posted recently that he is a transvestite. You can never be too sure about the girl.

:lol:

carole
04 Dec 2010, 11:32

I assume that wasn't on here, or have I missed something!!!! :shock: And what does he meant, in his heyday, his still in his heyday!!!!

Carole

AndrewG
04 Dec 2010, 11:34
I assume that wasn't on here, or have I missed something!!!! :shock:

See here (http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16214). ;-)

suzieq
04 Dec 2010, 16:50
See here (http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16214). ;-)

:lmao:

A Slice Of English
04 Dec 2010, 20:22
I can understand why someone would want to avoid groupies. No disrespect to anyone who really does obssess so much over Meat that they see all his shows, I say more power to you if that's what you want. But if I was Meat I'd want to keep people like that at just a little longer than arms-length and preferably behind a barricade of some kind. I would find it a little frightening and even intimidating that someone liked me that much.

But then, who could blame them?!

Every cloud...

pringled
04 Dec 2010, 20:45
groupies are a gifty and a curse of this lifestyle!

Monstro
05 Dec 2010, 00:43
But if I was Meat I'd want to keep people like that at just a little longer than arms-length and preferably behind a barricade of some kind.

I've seen him behave exactly like that

Wario
05 Dec 2010, 01:00
I've seen him behave exactly like that

Well Andy has seen him regularly since the 70s. Hope thats not his situation

AndyK
05 Dec 2010, 01:01

80's Chris. With 90% of my shows in the last decade.

AndrewG
05 Dec 2010, 01:05

I would have expected a virtual slap for an age related comment like that. :lol:

AndyK
05 Dec 2010, 01:06
Don't worry it's logged ...

LucyK!
05 Dec 2010, 01:07
I can understand why someone would want to avoid groupies. No disrespect to anyone who really does obssess so much over Meat that they see all his shows, I say more power to you if that's what you want. But if I was Meat I'd want to keep people like that at just a little longer than arms-length and preferably behind a barricade of some kind. I would find it a little frightening and even intimidating that someone liked me that much.

But then, who could blame them?!

Every cloud...

May I just point out that not everyone who sees a lot/all of Meat's shows is "people like that" and there in some desperate attempt to get near to Meat :?

Monstro
05 Dec 2010, 01:08

Funny that, I was only thinking yesterday that 90% of the shows I've seen are since 93

AndrewG
05 Dec 2010, 01:20
May I just point out that not everyone who sees a lot/all of Meat's shows is "people like that" and there in some desperate attempt to get near to Meat :?

Indeed I think that is a bit of a shitty comment by Slice. I am not doing all shows on this tour as I spent a lot of time and money seeing shows from Imogen Heap last month but it could have been quite differently had I not discovered her music as I was originally planning to do all shows on Meat's UK tour had it been possible for me. Only yesterday I was chatting to Imogen and told her I saw a total of 6 shows. This could be interpreted as insane perhaps by some but she was just happy and laughing asking if she was getting better. In the same way I doubt VERY much Meat considers fans who go to (near) every show on a tour as obsessive annoying "groupies". There is a difference between being obsessed with the person and being obsessed with the music. There is no problem at all with the latter in my opinion. As long as you give the artist space and don't camp outside their house I doubt very much you will get a restraining order.

LucyK!
05 Dec 2010, 01:25
I think even if you're obsessed with a person there are ways to do that and still be respectful. Am I obsessed with Meat? I probably am, I don't think you can follow someone for so long and not be slightly obsessed if we're honest, but I respect him enough as a person that I would never impose myself on him, his time or his private life. For me that's where the line is crossed.

Wario
05 Dec 2010, 01:27
I think even if you're obsessed with a person there are ways to do that and still be respectful. Am I obsessed with Meat? I probably am, I don't think you can follow someone for so long and not be slightly obsessed if we're honest, but I respect him enough as a person that I would never impose myself on him, his time or his private life. For me that's where the line is crossed.

exactly my situation

AndrewG
05 Dec 2010, 01:35
I think even if you're obsessed with a person there are ways to do that and still be respectful.

True. I am more referring to disrespectful obsessive fans I guess.
I would have to say a groupie (someone wanting to sleep with an artist as in one night standish thing) sounds like someone who has low self respect in my opinion too and an artist heavily engaging with people like that seems a bit wrong really. :?

Monstro
05 Dec 2010, 01:42
I think even if you're obsessed with a person there are ways to do that and still be respectful.

And there in lies the point, there are ways and there are WAYYYYYYYS

Vickip
05 Dec 2010, 02:56

I feel exactly the same way Lucy.

suzieq
05 Dec 2010, 04:20

Well said!

BostonAngel
05 Dec 2010, 08:44

Well said! I am in agreement with you Vicki and Suzie

A Slice Of English
05 Dec 2010, 10:45
Oops, apologies if anyone thinks I was referring to them. I think I mean the peeps who really DO want to get within touching distance at every single show via multiple M&G tickets or whatever. Please don't be offended if that is you, anybody, because like I said, to each their own. I just wouldn't like it myself if I was Meat, but then I WOULD like money so swings and roundabouts really.

Wario
05 Dec 2010, 11:19
this whole talk reminds me of a certain fraiser episode about a fan stalker

Its entitled "someone to watch over me"

if you watch it on youtube or dvd, its pretty much what is being talked about.
a loyal fan whose whom fraiser miss identifies as a stalker.

loaferman61
05 Dec 2010, 21:19
As Cheap Trick said "You Never Know What You'll Catch" so Meat was probably smart. However, I personally would have had problems avoiding wanting to be the Meat in a Goff sandwich :D

samurai7
06 Dec 2010, 01:23
I would have expected a virtual slap for an age related comment like that. :lol:

Don't worry it's logged ...

on a stone tablet with a hammer and chisel? :twisted: :p