PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what this album's worth?

Julie in the rv mirror
23 Nov 2010, 03:03
Be sure to read the whole thing:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2010/02/john-lennon-signed-my-album.html

The Flying Mouse
23 Nov 2010, 20:03
:twisted: If the letter is genuine, it's a hell of a find :shock:

As for what it's worth, one reader writes (for those who don't read the comments)

A close friend of mine actually bought that album at auction several years ago as an anonymous bidder. His name will remain anonymous here as well. It was in the 1.1M USD range.
It's a very scary, chilling, and sad thing to lay eyes upon. The album has been cut in half along the spine, and has NYPD fingerprint dusting along with numbers circling several of the fingerprints. It is also accompanied by the paperwork from the NYPD as it was to be used as evidence in the event that Chapman plead not guilty.

And it looks like it's up for sale again (http://www.momentsintime.com/Lennon.htm).

That it's of historical importance is of no doubt, but I wouldn't like something like that in my collection if I were a Beatles/Lennon fan.

Some things (like this) cross the line.
There was a copy of Roy Orbisons will for sale on e bay a while ago.
There's got to be a limit.

Julie in the rv mirror
23 Nov 2010, 20:24
And it looks like it's up for sale again (http://www.momentsintime.com/Lennon.htm).

That it's of historical importance is of no doubt, but I wouldn't like something like that in my collection if I were a Beatles/Lennon fan.

Some things (like this) cross the line.
There was a copy of Roy Orbisons will for sale on e bay a while ago.
There's got to be a limit.

Wow, can you imagine? :shock: I'm with you, it's something that, while very important, as you say, I wouldn't want to have. But people collect weird things. There was a famous serial killer from my city who painted pictures of clowns while he was in prison (before he was executed), and people would buy them- talk about creepy! They're probably "worth" quite a bit now.

The thing that struck me most about the letter is his sense of datchment about the whole thing, asking about other collectibles and stuff. Shudders. :angst:

The Flying Mouse
23 Nov 2010, 20:36
:twisted: There's always a market for the macabre.
Didn't someone buy Jeffery Dahmer's fridge?

It would seem that MC is a Stephen King fan.
If I were SK, i'd be praying that that balm pot is never let out of prison.
(and mentioning SK and weird collectables, when SK was run over that time, his wife bought the car that hit him to stop ghouls turning it intop a collectable.)

Julie in the rv mirror
23 Nov 2010, 20:53

I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

(and mentioning SK and weird collectables, when SK was run over that time, his wife bought the car that hit him to stop ghouls turning it intop a collectable.)

Yep, I'm sure somebody would.

I thought it was really creepy when I was in Memphis, and a place was selling what they claimed were snippets of Elvis' hair (it came with an affidavit from Elvis' barber). :shock: Even if it was real, why would you want it? :shrug:

I know historically, people used to make jewelry and things from loved ones' hair, but this is a celebrity that you don't know...I just found it strange.

Pudding
23 Nov 2010, 21:37
I thought it was really creepy when I was in Memphis, and a place was selling what they claimed were snippets of Elvis' hair (it came with an affidavit from Elvis' barber). :shock: Even if it was real, why would you want it? :shrug:

There's been auctions that have claimed to have Elvis toenail clippings, saliva, sweat and even blood. If fanatical silly b*stards are willing to buy such shit, then silly b*stards are going to sell it, regardless if it's fake or not :nuts:

duke knooby
23 Nov 2010, 21:52

never heard of him before

had to google him

Julie in the rv mirror
24 Nov 2010, 06:24
never heard of him before

had to google him

Nice guy, huh? :roll:

I've actually seen pictures of the fridge. :shock:

But getting back to Elvis parts- I guess yeah, sell it, and they will come!:mrgreen: