PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf: What I See In The Mirror

meatloaf-unofficial
30 Oct 2010, 18:13
From the Guardian posted today:

What I see in the mirror: Meat Loaf
'I am the smallest of all the men on my father's side. I am like the runt'

As most people know, I am a vampire, so I have no reflection. Every day, I paste a picture of someone else on the mirror. So this morning I combed George Clooney's hair; yesterday it was Brad Pitt's.

I am the smallest of all the men on my father's side. They went up to 700lb (317kg), and one of them was almost 7ft tall. I am 6ft and I am like the runt.

Even so, I am always wanting to lose weight, so I try to eat as much fish and vegetables as possible. Earlier this year, I wasn't eating red meat at all; I was eating almost nothing but vegetables. I started to get tired and weak, and a doctor said to me, "With your schedule, you need protein." Well, I hate tofu, so I started eating meat again.

From my heaviest point, which was back in the early 1980s, I've lost 100lb. People ask, "Do you feel better?" And I say, "No, because I got older." I am 63. Just ask anybody who is getting old – everything starts hurting. For me, it's my shoulders, thumbs, knees and feet.

I cut my hair 14 years ago when I was doing a movie with Dennis Quaid that was set in Montana in 1963. It wasn't a big deal. Afterwards, my managers were going, "You've got to grow your hair long again." And I told them, "Stop it, I'll get a wig." So on the last tour I got a stupid-looking long-haired wig – I wanted to shoot myself when I saw the pictures.

• Meatloaf's UK tour starts in Cardiff on 29 November; meatloaf.net for details.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/30/meat-loaf-interview

meatfanforlife
30 Oct 2010, 18:28
The pictures weren't bad. some of them really looked like it was 77. haha

renegadeangel
30 Oct 2010, 18:30
From the Guardian posted today:

What I see in the mirror: Meat Loaf
'I am the smallest of all the men on my father's side. I am like the runt'

As most people know, I am a vampire, so I have no reflection. Every day, I paste a picture of someone else on the mirror. So this morning I combed George Clooney's hair; yesterday it was Brad Pitt's.

I am the smallest of all the men on my father's side. They went up to 700lb (317kg), and one of them was almost 7ft tall. I am 6ft and I am like the runt.

Even so, I am always wanting to lose weight, so I try to eat as much fish and vegetables as possible. Earlier this year, I wasn't eating red meat at all; I was eating almost nothing but vegetables. I started to get tired and weak, and a doctor said to me, "With your schedule, you need protein." Well, I hate tofu, so I started eating meat again.

From my heaviest point, which was back in the early 1980s, I've lost 100lb. People ask, "Do you feel better?" And I say, "No, because I got older." I am 63. Just ask anybody who is getting old – everything starts hurting. For me, it's my shoulders, thumbs, knees and feet.

I cut my hair 14 years ago when I was doing a movie with Dennis Quaid that was set in Montana in 1963. It wasn't a big deal. Afterwards, my managers were going, "You've got to grow your hair long again." And I told them, "Stop it, I'll get a wig." So on the last tour I got a stupid-looking long-haired wig – I wanted to shoot myself when I saw the pictures.

• Meatloaf's UK tour starts in Cardiff on 29 November; meatloaf.net for details.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/30/meat-loaf-interview

Good article. I always thought Meat was a great actor and truly believe every song he performs is like a role he plays. Only one liberty taken and that is the height. I met Meat once and we were eye to eye and I'm not six feet.

Wario
30 Oct 2010, 20:25
he seemed to like the wig in ISOP...

carole
31 Oct 2010, 00:11
Thanks for posting, interesting interview. That's news to me, I didn't know Meat was a vampire!!!!! :O

Carole

Elijah's way
05 Nov 2010, 07:19
Thanks for posting, interesting interview. That's news to me, I didn't know Meat was a vampire!!!!! :O

Carole

Why do you think he gets better with age?:lol:

GDW
05 Nov 2010, 10:14
Has anyone ever seen him out during the day?:??::shock:

LucyK!
05 Nov 2010, 10:18
Yes, and it was odd! :lol: I've spoken to him a few times during the days but indoors, but it was really weird at the golf event back in 2006 to be outdoors...the photos have blue sky and bright green grass...didn't feel right!

Great article, thanks for posting :up: