PDA

View Full Version : Wanna talk to Bruce? Here's your chance!

Julie in the rv mirror
28 Oct 2010, 20:39
This is pretty cool, I think! :cool:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=Contest&cid=1272762360407

On the eve of the November 16 release of Bruce Springsteen’s The Promise, a 2-CD set of 21 newly released recordings from the Darkness On The Edge Of Town sessions, as well as The Promise: The Darkness On The Edge Of Town Story 3CD/3DVD deluxe box set, SiriusXM will broadcast a special 2-hour, live show – E STREET RADIO ON THE EDGE OF YOUR TOWN – featuring Bruce Springsteen!

SiriusXM wants to give YOU the exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to speak live and in person with Bruce Springsteen! You will have the chance to be able to ask Bruce a question about his forthcoming release – The Promise: The Darkness On The Edge Of Town Story. You will be part of the intimate studio audience. A select group of twenty (20) of Bruce’s biggest and most knowledgeable fans will have the opportunity to attend the event, which includes a post-show meet-and-greet with Bruce. (more info at the link)

Unfortunately, the contest isn't open to people outside the U.S. (You'd need to provide your own transportation to NY, anyway), but you can still (I believe) be part of the call-in portion of the show. You can listen to Sirius online, and you can get a free one month trial subscription.

AndyK
28 Oct 2010, 20:45
Now there's a dangled carrot whipped away at the last minute if ever I saw one lol.

I'm surprised they've not restricted the entrants to people in the US who live along I-95 :lmao:

Thanks for the news Julie. :up:

allrevvedup
28 Oct 2010, 20:57
Now there's a dangled carrot whipped away at the last minute if ever I saw one lol.

Be strong Andy, no tears!

Winston
28 Oct 2010, 21:04
dam it! 2 days after i come back from the USOFA:wall:

Julie in the rv mirror
28 Oct 2010, 21:05

I know... I'm sorry! :( You could always try to call in.

Better yet- give me your question (if it's a good one) and I'll enter for you. It's the least I can do. ;)

That, and I couldn't come up with a good question on my own, and even if I did, I'd be too tongue-tied to ask it! :shock: Here's me:

"Hey Bruce, do you remember that show you played at Winterland? That was awesome!"

:lol:

AndyK
28 Oct 2010, 21:07
That's a full coherent sentence, I'd be impressed :lol:

If I can come up with a good question you're welcome to it.

I'm guessing asking for my appearance fee from the Hyde Park DVD isn't good enough right?

Julie in the rv mirror
28 Oct 2010, 21:11
That's a full coherent sentence, I'd be impressed :lol:

So would I! :lol:

If I can come up with a good question you're welcome to it.

Thanks! :-)

I'm guessing asking for my appearance fee from the Hyde Park DVD isn't good enough right?

:lol: No, the question has to be related to the Darkness album/ tour/ boxset.

AndyK
28 Oct 2010, 21:19
How about you ask him "can I have some free ones for me and my friends in the UK?" :lmao:

Or ask him if he can say the word "Stick" to Max yet without getting scowled at :))

Julie in the rv mirror
28 Oct 2010, 21:45
Or ask him if he can say the word "Stick" to Max yet without getting scowled at :))

Stiiiiiiick!! :lawl:

Julie in the rv mirror
16 Nov 2010, 05:37
OK, so I realize it's the middle of the night across the pond, but I wonder if anybody listened to the show tonight? I got to hear most of it, after some technical problems. :?

Anyway, Bruce sounded in great spirits- he joked around a lot. One of the callers asked him about the billboard in LA that he and the guys spray-painted, and if he would do the same thing today. He replied that he had "people" to do that kind of thing for him now. :lmao:

And when he was asked why "The Way" was a hidden track, he said that he never really liked it! I guess he and I are in agreement on that one. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if you missed it, it's going to be rebroadcast at the following times (Eastern Time):

November 16 at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., November 17 at 12 a.m. and 4 p.m., November 18 at 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., and November 19 at 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.

http://www.sirius.com/estreetradio