PDA

View Full Version : 104. Like A Rose

White of High
27 Sep 2010, 22:58
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

Like A Rose (5)

Jack Black thinks he is a musican. Meat Loaf thinks he can use his name for his fame. But Jack Black is not a musican so this is not working at all... to me. I guess it can be a hit because of Jack Black's face in a video, but this song is still nothing to me. Sorry! Very average song...

My score: 5

Steve6
27 Sep 2010, 23:14
It's not a bad tune to be honest. Consider it Kickapoo's sequel. Tenacious D fans would like this song.

6/10

Mr. Happy
28 Sep 2010, 03:12
Great rock tune :D 8

Wario
28 Sep 2010, 03:40
very catchy. Ill give it an 8. my mom HATES it though.

Elijah's way
28 Sep 2010, 05:14
2/10

suzieq
28 Sep 2010, 05:30
Meat Loaf thinks he can use his name for his fame.

Are you serious? Where is the IMO part of this post or are you just climbing inside Meat's head?

My score: 10 A kick ass song that contains the first penned "F" bomb for Meat. I love it! This is all Meat with a guest spot for Jack Black.

Evil One
28 Sep 2010, 06:30

daveake
28 Sep 2010, 09:22

AndrewG
28 Sep 2010, 09:36

Pudding
28 Sep 2010, 09:55

Lee B
28 Sep 2010, 10:05
9 out of 10. Very Beastie Boys esque, and a proper rockin' track. It would appeal to a lot of people if released as a single and is one of my favourites on the album.

Sue K
28 Sep 2010, 12:15
I like it ! 9 teetering on 10 !

robgomm
28 Sep 2010, 12:57
I think it's good. It's catchy, got attitude. And no Meat is not using Jack Black to catch peoples attention, Jack wanted to do a record with him, Jack asked him, let's get it right.

Steingirl
28 Sep 2010, 20:28

Sarge
28 Sep 2010, 20:55
How do you rate a song that you don't consider great but like anyway? :?

Wario
28 Sep 2010, 20:57
How do you rate a song that you don't consider great but like anyway? :?

6/10 :shrug:

PanicLord
28 Sep 2010, 21:37
Not the sort of music I normally like to listen to, but Meat does it so well, and is obviously having so much fun, that I find I'm liking it more with each listen. 8.

melon
29 Sep 2010, 01:11

Elijah's way
29 Sep 2010, 05:08
if it wasn't for this song it'd be a perfict album:!:

melon
29 Sep 2010, 05:46
if it wasn't for this song it'd be a perfict album:!:

For you maybe

carole
08 Oct 2010, 11:53
For you maybe

Exactly Mel. I love the song, I was in histerics the first time I heard it. Love Jack Black's contribution as well. I think it is a kiss arse song too, it's catchy, it's cheeky and funny. And I would LOVE to see it done live, with a special guest appearance by Jack Black.

Carole

White of High
09 Oct 2010, 18:48
Average: 4.78 (110/23)

PrissLoaf
12 Oct 2010, 07:47
someone had to explain to me who Jack Black even WAS. I'd never heard of him.

The "real" version of this song is "too much" for me. Too many unneeded f-bombs, and too many seemingly veiled drug references. Again, with no negatives or zeroes, I give it a "1".

BUT, Wario's "cleaner" edit changed the feeling of the entire song for me, upped it to a 6 or 7, and got it added to the custom CD I play in the car (ML - NLE - Patti only, and the only CD I've played in the car for the past 5 yrs. I just keep adding a track here or there.)

Sarge
12 Oct 2010, 08:26
Wario saved the song. :mrgreen: Obviously his work is good for the stats. Maybe Meat should hire him to make his "dirty" songs more appealing but I suspect Wario would refuse to edit "dick" out of California.

Wario
12 Oct 2010, 08:32
Wario saved the song. :mrgreen: Obviously his work is good for the stats. Maybe Meat should hire him to make his "dirty" songs more appealing but I suspect Wario would refuse to edit "dick" out of California.

My clean version of california is a simple copy paste. I replace "I can barely fit my dick in my pants" with "I can barely fit my big dog in here".

Works fine..... :shrug:
someone had to explain to me who Jack Black even WAS. I'd never heard of him.

The "real" version of this song is "too much" for me. Too many unneeded f-bombs, and too many seemingly veiled drug references. Again, with no negatives or zeroes, I give it a "1".

BUT, Wario's "cleaner" edit changed the feeling of the entire song for me, upped it to a 6 or 7, and got it added to the custom CD I play in the car (ML - NLE - Patti only, and the only CD I've played in the car for the past 5 yrs. I just keep adding a track here or there.)

I'm ecstatic you love it :))

Thats who I made it for: the people who like the song sans the F bomb and hate the sloppy censored version....

12 Oct 2010, 18:44
I think the song is funny and very catchy, i don't mind the F word, hell i listen to Eminem for Gods sake, this is very clean in comparison ;) LOL..
I can see why some people don't like the language, but for me its not an issue, i give it a 9.

carole
12 Oct 2010, 23:29
I think the song is funny and very catchy, i don't mind the F word, hell i listen to Eminem for Gods sake, this is very clean in comparison ;) LOL..
I can see why some people don't like the language, but for me its not an issue, i give it a 9.

Yeah, same here, I think it's funny and catchy too. As a rule, I don't usually like swearing in songs, but I don't mind it in this song. It's not done in an offensive way and makes me laugh when I sing along to it. But I will never play it around my parents.

Carole

13 Oct 2010, 00:44
My dad has the HCTB album, he listens to it and has no problem with the swearing, however we both do not put on LAR and California when we have the bairns about.

RSG
28 Feb 2013, 05:49
Oh man.. 9! Holy smokes.. Has anyone heard this album with stereo ear phones.. in particular this song... 2 minutes 24 seconds in when there's that acoustic breakdown and sing "and you might wanna run" there's a motorcycle in the song! This album is incredible on stereo earphones. Holy jeez. Big 9. From imo, a very hard hitting album.. I feel all of it.

Jack and Meat's voices just go so well together.

Evil Ernie
04 Mar 2013, 11:23
People have a problem with swearing?

Do people still care about that? What is this? 1978?

chairboys
04 Mar 2013, 12:13
People have a problem with swearing?

Do people still care about that? What is this? 1978?

I adore the song, but I would never willingly play it whilst the children are within earshot. And definitely not to my parents.
It's just the way I was brought up!

RSG
04 Mar 2013, 16:11
Yeah "Hang Cool" was a big step for Meat. My old man doesn't really care for any ML related album.. unless its Bat Out Of Hell. My mum wasn't even allowed to watch the 1970's TV performances as a kid. Would get grounded for 7 months to a year if was caught watching it.

Like A Rose is awesome song.. and as for its chorus.. well it just works. The neat guitars make it all the better with accompaniment of none other, Jack Black. There is a motorcycle in the song :)