PDA

View Full Version : the Dream Melbourne Symphony Orchestra set for the 2004 DVD?

Wario
20 Sep 2010, 07:20
Well me and my best friend decided to go to Burger King and we started talking about Meat. We got back to my house and I ordered pizza and we decided to watch MSO.

He was utterly impressed, so we watched some of the special features. During the Q & A there was a weird thing that caught my eye:

http://img40.imagefra.me/img/img40/7/9/19/warioloaf/f_1j729c4fgkym_a98d730.jpg

For those you cant understand it, the original set list for MSO was:

Do it
Lemon
Mercury
Lawyers
DRFL
Testify
Took the Words
CHSIB
AFL
Frying Pan
Midnight
Paradise
Bat

Now granted we got FCOL and 2 Outta 3 on the two separate nights. I still think an orchestrated Midnight is a very sad loss. It Would've been very interesting!

Now it got me thinking: what would've been your set of choice for MSO?

I think for a tour DVD thats supposed to promote CHSIB, only two songs from it are featured (plus the hidden track). Thats my only knit with it. I always felt that their was room for one more song. I always thought Tear Me Down should have been performed. I still do.

Mine, going in the realm of realism:

Do It!
Lemon
Lawyers
Tear Me Down
DRFL
Testify
All Revved Up
Midnight
You Took The Words
CHSIB
DIST? / FCOL
Paradise
Bat

Mine, going in the realm of fantasy:

AFL
You Took The Words
Masculine
IGLHFBOU
Testify
It Just Wont Quit
Frying Pan
Tear Me Down
Modern Girl
DRFL
Read 'Em & Weep / FCOL
Bat
The Promised Land

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/Deadringerforlove/WarioSmiley.gif

Elijah's way
20 Sep 2010, 07:41
This is my unrealistic list

Home By Now/No Matter What
Rock & Roll Dreams
Anything For Love with Lorraine Crosby
Couldn't Have Said It Better with Patti Russo
It Just Won't Quit
Bat Out Of Hell
Two Out Of Three
Life Is A Lemon
A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
Man Of Steel with Pearl
Objects In The Rear View Mirror
Surf's Up
Standing On The Outside
Left In The Dark
For Crying Out Loud

Encore

Because Of You
Love You Out Loud
Paradise with Patti Russo

Wario
20 Sep 2010, 07:44
Objects In The Rear View Mirror
Surf's Up
Standing On The Outside
Left In The Dark
For Crying Out Loud

all five in a row like that? woah :-P

Elijah's way
20 Sep 2010, 07:49
all five in a row like that? woah :-P

That's why I said unrealistic set list:lol:

Wario
20 Sep 2010, 07:53
That's why I said unrealistic set list:lol:

oh i know. i just imagined that and i could see many in tears at the end of that five song run. tis very epic.

Elijah's way
20 Sep 2010, 07:57
oh i know. i just imagined that and i could see many in tears at the end of that five song run. tis very epic.

Yeah I would need a float after all of that just so I wouldn't drown in a sea of tears, lol.

Evil One
20 Sep 2010, 10:12
Are you sure that photo is actually from one of the Melbourne shows? I think Did I Say That was supposed to have been in the set but they skipped it on both nights.

AndyK
20 Sep 2010, 11:33
There was certainly an orchestration for Did I Say That, somewhere in the bonus features there's a shot of the orchestra and the score is clearly on display on one of the music stands.

samurai7
20 Sep 2010, 19:16
wait a minute, you got back from Burger King and ordered a pizza?!?! :shock:

AndrewG
20 Sep 2010, 19:20
wait a minute, you got back from Burger King and ordered a pizza?!?! :shock:

Well spotted. I don't believe a word of this story now.

Wario
20 Sep 2010, 19:31
Well spotted. I don't believe a word of this story now.

well its true.

We were still hungary. it was after play practice. we ordered a small plain and a pepsi.

would i ever lie to you?

allrevvedup
20 Sep 2010, 19:33
would i ever lie to you?

:roll:

Wario
20 Sep 2010, 19:35
:roll:

When? im curious.

Sarge
20 Sep 2010, 20:31
We were still hungary.

I love Wario's typos.

jcmoorehead
20 Sep 2010, 21:14
My ideal set, I'm going to keep it to just Meat Songs so no Lawyers/Mercury/Etc

Opening

Drums/Lemon - I think this is such a great and explosive opening for the concert. Although I will admit the Do It/Lemon Opening that was on most of the tour was fantastic too.

Dead Ringer - A fun piece, put near the start of the concert to get the crowd going, if Lemon didn't already do that.

Couldn't Have Said It Better - Seeing as it was the tour to promote CHSIB this has to be in there.

Objects In The Rear View Mirror - My all time fav Meat Loaf song, hearing this with orchestral embellishments would be incredible.

Did I Say That - Another from CHSIB just to get more tracks from it in there. One of my favs from the album.

Took The Words - Crowd Pleaser and one of Meats staple songs, it has to go in there.

I'll Kill You If You Don't Come back - Be an interesting one from Dead Ringer to hear live I think.

Testify - Can't have a concert on this tour without the best from from the album on it.

Rock & Roll Dreams - Again the orchestra would be good on this one.

Bad For Good - A suprise inclusion for the fans. Meat had performed the song before Bat 3 so I thought it'd be good to include it here.

For Crying Out Loud - I can't remove this one, it has to be on this concert it's a perfect song for it.

Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Again has to be there, it's too classic to remove.

Encore 1:
Frying Pan - Made two encores, the first a great rock track to get the crowd going again. Lights go out at end, thank yours said before...

Encore 2:
I'd Do Anything For Love - No explaination necessary.

Bat Out Of Hell - No explaination necessary.

Steve6
21 Sep 2010, 01:13
I see objects in people's list and I couldn't agree more. I would have loved to hear that song done with an orchestra. A couple of songs from Bat 3 would probaly make that list now BAAB, IACBTMN, PIGS. I wouldn't be sure if any songs from HCTB would make it, I wouldn't pick any.

AndrewG
21 Sep 2010, 01:18
What I don't get is if Lemon wasn't the first track during either of the nights, did they erect the sheet in front of the stage again???? It seems strange as it definitely looks like the concert opener from the footage to me.

Steve6
21 Sep 2010, 01:32
What I don't get is if Lemon wasn't the first track during either of the nights, did they erect the sheet in front of the stage again???? It seems strange as it definitely looks like the concert opener from the footage to me.

It must have been the opener. Starting the show with "Do It" wouldn't make sense to me. I wouldn't even have it in the list, but to have it down as the opener would have been a shocking decision. Hated it!!!

AndrewG
21 Sep 2010, 01:36
It must have been the opener. Starting the show with "Do It" wouldn't make sense to me.

Well "Do It" was the opener for the UK shows preceding the Ozzie tour. I'm sure of that as I was there. Hence I'm confused how the stage setup worked during these Australia shows.

In the UK "Do It" was performed with black lights and they used these green masks and gloves which looked really funny and bizarre really. I guess they could have still done it with that curtain sheet up?

Steve6
21 Sep 2010, 01:53
Well "Do It" was the opener for the UK shows preceding the Ozzie tour. I'm sure of that as I was there. Hence I'm confused how the stage setup worked during these Australia shows.

In the UK "Do It" was performed with black lights and they used these green masks and gloves which looked really funny and bizarre really. I guess they could have still done it with that curtain sheet up?

Cool I didn't know that. ;)

Yeah they could have done it with the curtain up, but I highly doubt it because when you look at the extras section on the DVD, when they were backstage getting ready to go on, Meat was given the drumstick for the front of curtain intro to Lemon. I'm guessing they dropped "Do It" from the set totally. It's not a song that would sound good with an orchestra IMO. ;-)

Wario
21 Sep 2010, 06:33
do it was never performed.

It did indeed just start with Lemon. do a search and you'll find the melbourne reviews thread.

Steve, "Do it" was filmed in Mexico city. heres a clip:

http://www.republic-of-loafdom.com/Media/Video/Concerts/By%20Concert/Live%20In%20Mexico%20City/DO%20It.htm

its a tragedy the editor overdubbed it with studio material.

really the DVD set could've had more to it IMO. Disk 2 instead of that Q&A thing could've had more of the songs that didnt make the final set.

an orchestrated midnight kills me.