PDA

View Full Version : 35th Annual Grammy Awards

Wario
19 Sep 2010, 01:51
Did meat ever perform at the grammy awards?

i havent been able to find footage of meat even accepting his award let along a record of him performing AFL.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/Deadringerforlove/WarioSmiley.gif

Elijah's way
19 Sep 2010, 01:58
I've seen a video of him accepting it a long time ago. I think it was Elton John that presented him the Grammy. I could be wrong though!!

Steve6
19 Sep 2010, 01:58
Did meat ever perform at the grammy awards?

i havent been able to find footage of meat even accepting his award let along a record of him performing AFL.

There was some controversy over the award, because all the artists that were nominated were male, and the females weren't happy so they objected.

Sarge
19 Sep 2010, 02:01
I've seen a video of him accepting it a long time ago. I think it was Elton John that presented him the Grammy. I could be wrong though!!

Maybe my memory is deceiving me but wasn't that a Brit Award?

AndrewG
19 Sep 2010, 02:03

That was the Brit award in 1994 he got for best selling single (AFL in 1993).

He got it straight after this performance (not on the video unfortunately)
-yb4OK0wBMM

Acceptance speech is here (http://www.brits.co.uk/videos/1994-best-selling-single-meatloaf).

AndrewG
19 Sep 2010, 02:15
No offence to anyone but I personally think 1994 was probably a little too early for the USA to cope with having two gay men present such a prestigieus event anyway but I could be wrong.

Elijah's way
19 Sep 2010, 02:16
That was the Brit award in 1994 he got for best selling single (AFL in 1993).

He got it straight after this performance (not on the video unfortunately)
-yb4OK0wBMM

Acceptance speech is here (http://www.brits.co.uk/videos/1994-best-selling-single-meatloaf).

Oh :oops:

Elijah's way
19 Sep 2010, 02:18
No offence to anyone but I personally think 1994 was probably a little too early for the USA to cope with having two gay men present such a prestigieus event anyway but I could be wrong.

You're probably right.:yep:

Sarge
19 Sep 2010, 02:29

It were the 36th Grammy Awards, as far as I remember. I have footage of Meat at the Grammys somewhere, I think it was the press conference after the show.

Wario
19 Sep 2010, 03:24
still sad he never got to do AFL at the grammies.

as for the brit awards exception speech ive seen it. sadly thats incomplete. It cuts off. He mentions Jim too at the end.

Sue K
19 Sep 2010, 04:28

Hahaha... ummm ... WHAT ? I'm not taking offence but what the hell does that MEAN ?... lol ...

Wario
19 Sep 2010, 04:54
Hahaha... ummm ... WHAT ? I'm not taking offence but what the hell does that MEAN ?... lol ...

the US government has homophobic tendencies...

Sue K
19 Sep 2010, 14:04
the US government has homophobic tendencies...

But, WarieL, what does that have to do with presenting a Grammy ? ... :? ...

AndrewG
19 Sep 2010, 14:18
It's not so much the government, more what's acceptable to be shown on the networks. I'm not saying this is the case now. CBS and Fox don't exactly have a great pro gay track record as far as I'm aware. 1994 was quite a while back in that sense. This is my opinion, if you disagree with it, fine.

Why does tink keep calling WarioLoaf WarieL? It sounds like a laundry detergent. Lol.

LucyK!
19 Sep 2010, 14:26
That's one of my favourite Meat clips ever, it was the first footage I recorded when i was 8...used to kill me every time he walked down those steps! :lol:

AndrewG
19 Sep 2010, 14:30
There was a huge sense of coolness surrounding him I thought! :-)

LucyK!
19 Sep 2010, 14:34
Yeah it really was effortless :up:

madagascar
19 Sep 2010, 16:14
There was a huge sense of coolness surrounding him I thought! :-)

He's never been hip but always been cool.:-)

Dave
19 Sep 2010, 17:57
CBS and Fox don't exactly have a great pro gay track record as far as I'm aware.

Not sure about CBS, but Fox has GLEE...

Sue K
19 Sep 2010, 23:13
Why does tink keep calling WarioLoaf WarieL?

He said he liked it ... :-) ...

olblueeyes
23 Sep 2010, 13:31
That's one of my favourite Meat clips ever, it was the first footage I recorded when i was 8...used to kill me every time he walked down those steps! :lol:

Couldn't agree more. I recorded this on VHS too when I was about 13 and I'd watch it over and over. That cool but determined look on his face as he walked down those stairs and then gave that point to the crowd. All against the awesome sound of that AFL intro - used to give me goosebumps watching it.

carole
24 Sep 2010, 00:16
There was some controversy over the award, because all the artists that were nominated were male, and the females weren't happy so they objected.

Wasn't the award for best Male vocalist?

Carole

Evil One
24 Sep 2010, 00:18
:spit:

Smithie
10 Nov 2010, 18:08

Carole

Meat won a Grammy for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for AFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Solo_Rock_Vocal_Performance

samurai7
10 Nov 2010, 20:49
Meat won a Grammy for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for AFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Solo_Rock_Vocal_Performance

...which is a duet lol :twisted: