PDA

View Full Version : What ML movie should I buy next?

sherrie87
13 Jun 2003, 01:52
OK, how about some advice? I am slowly working my way through Meat's movies. I've seen (in approximately this order) Rocky Horror, Wayne's World, Black Dog, Fight Club and Blacktop. What should I buy next? I'm leaning toward Crazy In Alabama, but how about suggestions from those of you who have seen many more ML films than me?

Sherrie

The Flying Mouse
13 Jun 2003, 01:59
:twisted: In Crazy In Alabama,Meat is in a few scenes :D .As apposed to The Gun In Betty Lou's Handbag where Meat is in 1 scene lasting 1 minute 24 secs and says the total ammount of 10 words 8O

Vickip
13 Jun 2003, 02:58
OK, how about some advice? I am slowly working my way through Meat's movies. I've seen (in approximately this order) Rocky Horror, Wayne's World, Black Dog, Fight Club and Blacktop. What should I buy next? I'm leaning toward Crazy In Alabama, but how about suggestions from those of you who have seen many more ML films than me?

Sherrie

I say Crazy in Alabama :) It's a fantastic movie (and my personal favorite) !!

Vick

MBrevard
13 Jun 2003, 10:59
Hi, Sherrie!

Focus is another GREAT film you should consider. Meat seems to be very happy with his performance in it!! And well he should be! Both he and the film were excellent!!!

Just a thought... :D

Love,
MB
xxx

sherrie87
13 Jun 2003, 16:10
I had forgotten about Focus, thanks MB! I really like William Macy, the star of Focus, so maybe that will be my next Meat movie. I have heard very good things about Meat's performance in Focus. Hey, maybe a ML double feature is in the works- Focus AND Crazy in Alabama!

Sherrie

White of High
13 Jun 2003, 16:18
I just wanna suggest what no!
Motorama is the worst movie around the world!!!
The Mighty is not so bad... but Meat has only a few scenes.

Asha
13 Jun 2003, 16:33
I would suggest Focus, because I have just seen it and it's a very good movie. I got totally engrossed in it.

I'm getting wishcraft next, haven't heard anything about that movie so it's a bit of a surprise.

Asha

besty01
13 Jun 2003, 23:35
try
trapped or wishcraft
both are good an meat is in more than 1 scene
:P
or 51st state

original sin
13 Jun 2003, 23:58
51st State was very good really funny - watched this so many times now

Vickip
14 Jun 2003, 00:47
I had forgotten about Focus, thanks MB! I really like William Macy, the star of Focus, so maybe that will be my next Meat movie. I have heard very good things about Meat's performance in Focus. Hey, maybe a ML double feature is in the works- Focus AND Crazy in Alabama!

Sherrie

I had completely forgotten about Focus too .. thanks for the reminder MB! Both Meat and William Macy were excellent in that one :) And the storyline was very interesting .. which I think is very important.

Love the idea for that ML double feature .. something for me to check out again too :))

Vicki

besty01
15 Jun 2003, 01:06
i forgot about roadie its out on dvd now for £9.99

R.
15 Jun 2003, 15:25
51st State/Formula 51 - Dog's bullocks. :))

original sin
15 Jun 2003, 19:28

:lmao: Had to explain that line to many friends overseas :mrgreen:

The humour level in this film is absolutely superb!

cerysmeatloaf
15 Jun 2003, 19:56
to be honest i do not have any movies with meatloaf but i have seen him in someand he is a good actor

Sue K
16 Jun 2003, 03:10
ahh..meatie movies...my very fave it..ROADIE!!! it's country western..it's rock and roll...it's fun...it's funny...

and Meat is in nearly every dang scene!!! and when he's NOT? the characters are talking about him....

so..you want alot of Meat? get ROADIE!!!

tink...XO

Jayd
16 Jun 2003, 13:30
51st State brilliant film, though Roadie and RHPS are my fave films.What about family TV movie To Catch A Yeti, this aint all bad :)

Vickip
16 Jun 2003, 16:05
51st State brilliant film, though Roadie and RHPS are my fave films.What about family TV movie To Catch A Yeti, this aint all bad :)

The 51st State is a riot :)) To Catch A Yeti is a cute movie .. he looks great in the fur coat :lol:

Vicki

dottie
16 Jun 2003, 20:09

Yep sure is - as is Robert Caryle too

Feleena
16 Jun 2003, 22:50
:D Roadie is my Fav Meat film all those magic smiles!!!! His entrance is just oooooooooooooooooooooooh

Feleena xx

Marianne
17 Jun 2003, 18:35
:D Roadie is my Fav Meat film all those magic smiles!!!! His entrance is just oooooooooooooooooooooooh

Feleena xx

I could'n agree more. You have to see this one.

Marianne.

mariella
17 Jun 2003, 18:42
Hi Marianne,

I have never seen this one :oops:

Do you have it?

It's good to have you here :bunny:

Mariella

Marianne
17 Jun 2003, 18:46
Hi Marianne,

I have never seen this one :oops:

Do you have it?

It's good to have you here :bunny:

Mariella

Yes I have it. Come over and see it. We'll have a Meat night. :lol:

Marianne.

mariella
17 Jun 2003, 18:52
Yes, very soon, that will be great.

Don't know when, yet. Before Dec. 18th we should have a few of those nights! :bunny:

Love,

Mariella

Testify
17 Jun 2003, 18:58
i wanna come!! i wanna come!! plz plz plz!!

mariella
17 Jun 2003, 19:01
Dear Testify,

You are MORE than welcome! But Marianne lives 30 mins. from my house!

If you ever come to Holland, you be sure to pay us a visit :wink:

Love,

Mariella

Testify
17 Jun 2003, 19:06
ok,

MUM I WANNA GO TO HOLLAND FOR MY HOLIDAY!!

mariella
17 Jun 2003, 19:17
THAT'S the spirit. You should ask her, at least, 50 times a day! :lol:

Look forward to having a 'Meat-night' with you!

Love,

Mariella

Always remember, if you REALLY want something, don't EVER give up!!
...But you know that :lol:

Testify
17 Jun 2003, 21:18
i wont give up!!

cya soon!! hehe

Asha
17 Jun 2003, 21:29
Have Roadie too, really like the movie, gum-chewing Meat all the way :lol:

A MEat night sounds great to me, but what movies/albums will you play Mariella??

Just curious
Asha

mariella
17 Jun 2003, 23:58
Would you believe this is the 3th time I am answering this??? Every time I press the submit button, I find myself logged out! Message gone (with the wind :lol: )

Don't have many ML movies, not a collector in general.

Do have Spice World (no, and some others too) but would love to see Roadie. Love Rocky and Fightclub ( that's because of the split personality I seem to have too!) but would probibly want to see 'Life of Brian' or something like that after Fightclub. Need to laugh! :lol:

So, either that, or ANY live video (let's do that!).

Anyway, have an extra copy of Crazy in Alabama (IF anyone is interested, no money plz). But would rather watch/hear Meat sing, think he is a GREAT actor, just rather hear him sing IF we do have a Meat-night. By the way, you are more than welcome!

Love,

Mariella

Asha
18 Jun 2003, 00:11
Thx Mariella.

Do you have the TMF show on vid?? it from 1999 or something.
That's an owk watch, and meat sings aswell.

I actually have a bit of trivia on vid...I have meat loaf in a show like this is your live, but then the dutch version. He was there (did a very short paradise) because the quest was a fan. The guest was....Harry Mulisch (Dutch writer) I couldn't believe he could be a Meat fan. Really funny...

Asha

P.S. love to come, a bit of a trip though :lol:

MBrevard
18 Jun 2003, 00:16
Wish I could join you, too! But I don't think I can flap my arms hard or fast enough to get me from California to Holland!! Wouldn't mind trying, though, right about now!! Might be just the breeze we need here. It's HOT today!! Nearly 100 degrees! What's the weather like there? Gotta be better than this!!

Asha--They sound like interesting shows! I wish they had done a "This is Your Life" for Meat, himself! That would have been fun to see!!

Love the live music idea!! Guess I'll just have to be there in spirit!! :D

Love,
MB
xxx

mariella
18 Jun 2003, 00:20
Yes, it would be like 5 hours, wouldn't it?
But maybe, one day, if you are coming 'down south', who knows. Would be great!

To tell you the truth, I really don't know what I have on video (Vicki, please back me on this one!) I seem to tape things, be REALLY happy about it AT THE TIME, and then forget) Sorry, just don't know :oops:

Now, if I would have GN, THAT would be another story! Sorry, it's just not that important to me. Lucky me, I have so much people around me who DO have 'everything'!

Love,

Mariella

MB, didn''t see your post before. You do know you are ALWAYS here in Holland with me, no matter what!

Asha
18 Jun 2003, 00:23
Maybe some-one will do a meat loaf this is your live! yet MB
But I don't think it's the time yet, do you?

They are fun shows though, eventhough I only have a tiny bit of the This is your live show...only the meat part.

I'm getting them digitalized so maybe I can show a small clip sometime..small though, copyright and all. I don't think they (TV-comps) would mind that.

Asha

edit: Mariella, I put all the GN clips from ROL behind eachother and pasted them, plays like a real episode now :lol:

MBrevard
18 Jun 2003, 00:48
Yes, Mariella, as you are here in California!! :D

Asha, do I think it's time yet for Meat to be on a This is Your Life? Well, people a lot younger than he is have been on it--at least the US version that was on many, many years ago. One didn't have to be old and at the end of their career or whatever, in order to be selected. I don't know how it's handled in your country or the UK. But I think Meat has had enough interesting people in his life to put on quite a show for everyone! :wink: The problem is he'd probably take over the show and then, who knows WHOSE LIFE IT WOULD BE??!!! :mrgreen:

Great idea about the GNs! :!:

They're now showing a new season of GNs here in the States on our BBC America channel. I don't know if this is the right season for Meat's (and Dottie's) appearance, though. I think the station is very far behind--they're probably still in 2002 or something.

So it'll be a while, I guess. But I've been watching every Friday night to see who the guest is. No luck so far! :(

Does anyone know how long the program was in the UK? We only get 30 minutes of it here and I was just wondering if there was a difference. I think someone mentioned 40 minutes somewhere. Just curious.

Love,
MB
xxx

MBrevard
18 Jun 2003, 00:49
Edited:

Uh oh, duplicate post. How did that happen?

MB

Asha
18 Jun 2003, 12:39
MB I think you could fill 3 hours of this is...live about meat maybe more..

I have approx 23 minutes of the GN show. Don't know it that's the full episode though, I guess so.

Hope this helps :lol:
Asha

Marianne
18 Jun 2003, 19:46
ok,

MUM I WANNA GO TO HOLLAND FOR MY HOLIDAY!!

Testify what did your mum say?

Marianne.

Cathie
18 Jun 2003, 21:36
can i come to holland too? promise i'll be good and bring Meat Loaf videos!

mariella
18 Jun 2003, 21:57
But ofcourse, Cathie! I think you can travel with Testify :lol:

Love,

Mariella

Asha
18 Jun 2003, 21:58
Mariella, let's hold that convention in your back yard. :lol: :lol:
Some people already wanna come

Asha

Testify
18 Jun 2003, 22:00
mum just laughed and said,'as long as you are paying!!'

We were talkin about concerts earlier n she said she would go to holland for one, but she had, had one to many glasses of wine!! :D

mariella
18 Jun 2003, 22:07
Asha, I hadn't even thought of that. Great idea!!! :bunny:
So, it's Sins garden in the UK and mine in Holland. You are all very welcome, I'd love to have you here for a day/weekend.

If many people come, some may have to sleep 'on the floor'. Is that a problem?

Testify, give your mother another drink, then ask her to come along with you to Holland. I have wine too! :lol: Do make sure she is paying!!!

Serious, you could sleep at my house.

Love,

Mariella

sherrie87
19 Jun 2003, 05:56
I volunteer my home for the American branch of the International Meat Loaf Film Festival! Hey, we'll cook up some barbeque, check out a great mix of ML movies and ML live recording- sounds like a plan! I'll put everyone up with a place to sleep, but sorry, ya'll will have to come up your own air fare! 8) When do we start? :lol:

Sherrie

The Flying Mouse
19 Jun 2003, 12:04
:twisted: Perhaps a topic should be started for this in the events forum :wink: .

MBrevard
19 Jun 2003, 13:04
Hey Sherrie! You can be the Eastern branch of the International Meat Loaf Film Festival and I'll be the Western branch, if people want to come all the way to beautiful Northern California! :D

Hey, it's closer to where Meat is right now!! :wink: Maybe we could go and cheer him up. He LOVES to watch movies, too! Should show him funny films, though, because laughter is good for healing!! :lmao:

Now that would be a DIFFERENT kind of Meat-night, wouldn't it!!

Love to you all,
MB
xxx

Asha
19 Jun 2003, 13:43
Hehehe, MB, you know that laughing hurts after that kind of surgery right? Better just make him smile :D

But I would love to come to california once....and i would be a different kind of meat night, :lol:

It would be worth travelling many hours for aswell.

Asha

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 18:10
cant we all go to meats house?? instead of goin to different parts??

bring all ya movies n stuff! i'll bring the pop-corn!! :D

even if i go there mariella i'll still go to yours after, or before!! hehe cos u cool!!

Cathie
19 Jun 2003, 18:12
I'm up for that! I can bring chocolate and videos.

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 18:14
its a date!!

what flava pop-corn cos i tend to lean towards sweet! dont like salted, but i'll bring it if you wish! :D

Cathie
19 Jun 2003, 18:16
sweet's good for me. don't know about anyone else, mind. what videos have u got?

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 18:20
i dont have alot of money and have only just started collecting as i have been concentratin on albums. i have fight club and balled of lucy whipple, hopin to get more when i get my job.

Cathie
19 Jun 2003, 18:23
I've got Rocky Horror, Fight Club, The Mighty, Gun in Betty Lou's handbag, a couple of interviews, BOOH2 Picture show, Hits out of Hell. If u're near me then why don't we meet up?

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 18:24
cool, thats if i know you?? i might be a stranger!!! :wink: :D

Cathie
19 Jun 2003, 18:26
we might have walked past each other and never noticed. weird.

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 18:32
hmmmmm that is spooky!!

Cathie
19 Jun 2003, 23:23
What is everyone's fave Meat Loaf movie?

Testify
19 Jun 2003, 23:31
i havent seen many so i cant say, sorry :D

Marianne
20 Jun 2003, 18:36
My favorite movie is without any doubt Roadie.
I like the part Meat is playing. It's a realy funny movie.
Everyone should see this movie.
But that's my opinion.

Marianne.

Asha
20 Jun 2003, 18:39
I like Roadie, have it on DVD.

But I like Trapped aswell, owk the movie plot is not original, but the part meat plays shows off his acting talent a bit.
In one scene he gets totaly mad, I could so believe that scene..

Asha

Feleena
20 Jun 2003, 20:04
:lol: It has to be ROADIE!!

I like him in Outside Ozona too he seems very natural there, and at the end is a cute scene of him asleep on the sofa awwwwww.

Feleenax

sherrie87
20 Jun 2003, 21:31
Well, the original point of this thread was to determine which ML film I would buy next. I decided I would get either Focus, Crazy in Alabama or Roadie. Sure enough, I found Roadie first and it is on it's way. I can't wait to see that smile that a few of the ladies mentioned! :lol:

Sherrie

Asha
20 Jun 2003, 21:33
Well sherrie, that smile is great :lol:

Asha

Cathie
20 Jun 2003, 21:37
i can't find a copy of Roadie anywhere (none that plays region 1 dvd, anyway) everyone's talking about it so much it's really wet my appitite.

Asha
20 Jun 2003, 21:42
Play has it:
www.play.com.

It only has a Region 1 DVD of roadie though.
Ohh and for all the american people here, it now also services America...

Asha

Cathie
20 Jun 2003, 21:45
Cheers Asha, u're really helping me out tonight...

Marianne
21 Jun 2003, 17:44
I can't wait to see that smile that a few of the ladies mentioned! :lol:

Sherrie

You will have a smile on your face from the beginning until the end of the movie.
You will not be dissapointed for buying it.
Have fun.

Marianne.

sherrie87
21 Jun 2003, 18:22
Thanks for the good news Marianne. I'm leaving for a three and a half week holiday on July 1, so I'm really hoping I get it in the mail before then! If not I'll have to wait until nearly August to bask in the glow of that smile! :lol:

Sherrie

Marianne
21 Jun 2003, 18:25
I'm leaving for a three and a half week holiday on July 1, so I'm really hoping I get it in the mail before then!

Sherrie

If not you have something to look forward to coming back from holiday.

Marianne.

sherrie87
29 Aug 2003, 02:03
Sure enough Marianne, it was a real treat to sit down and watch Roadie once I returned from holiday. What a great movie- it is a joy to watch a Meat movie where he is featured for the whole film AND doesn't die at the end- quite a rarity, unfortunately. Hopefully Meat will pick up more of that sort of role in the next few years. :lol:

Sherrie

Sue K
29 Aug 2003, 11:09
Sure enough Marianne, it was a real treat to sit down and watch Roadie once I returned from holiday. What a great movie- it is a joy to watch a Meat movie where he is featured for the whole film AND doesn't die at the end- quite a rarity, unfortunately. Hopefully Meat will pick up more of that sort of role in the next few years. :lol:

Sherrie

..ROADIE's...my fave... :-) ...

tink...XO

sherrie87
25 Sep 2003, 05:52
All these great suggestions, and what do I buy today? Spice World! :oops: It should arrive in a few days, and I must admit I intend to make liberal use of the fast forward button- I won't miss a second of Meat, but I have no desire to see the Spice Girls!

Sherrie

bambi
25 Sep 2003, 16:51
just mute it n add in your own words its much more ammusing!!! :lol: :D :lol:

Vickip
25 Sep 2003, 17:22
All these great suggestions, and what do I buy today? Spice World! :oops: It should arrive in a few days, and I must admit I intend to make liberal use of the fast forward button- I won't miss a second of Meat, but I have no desire to see the Spice Girls!

Sherrie

Ok I admit it ... I first bought the movie because Meat was in it :)
But then I actually enjoyed the Spice Girls and thought it was a funny movie. I hope you get a kick out of it Sherrie !
Vicki