PDA

View Full Version : Best live release of Rock And Roll Dreams?

Evil One
13 Aug 2010, 23:17
This is one of those songs where I don't think any of the releases so far capture just how awesome Meat can perform it live.

My favourite is from the Objects maxi single and comes from the History Of Meat Loaf live show. Unfortunately it has been edited down somewhat. One day it will hopefully be released in all it's glory.

Second place is from the other Objects single, taken from the Bat 2 tour rehearsals. This was remixed and plonked on Live Around The World, but I think it sounds better here.

Wario
13 Aug 2010, 23:34
Second place is from the other Objects single, taken from the Bat 2 tour rehearsals. This was remixed and plonked on Live Around The World, but I think it sounds better here.

Not True Not True Not True.

Meat messes up on the Objects Maxi single version. Its also a different recording all together from LATW.

My fav is the Cardiff 1993 version. Not official but its the only one that works.

the Case one is great with the sax and my favorite official one but nothing else quite works.

duke knooby
13 Aug 2010, 23:36
this is one of those songs i usually skip... so no best version for me!

snider22
14 Aug 2010, 00:08
I have to go with the Casa CD version because I love the sax solo in the middle of it.

Unofficially I'd have to give it to the Hang Cool Tour version. I love the slow intro and the piano and sax solos just put it over the top.

Evil One
14 Aug 2010, 00:17
I have to go with the Casa CD version because I love the sax solo in the middle of it.
I actually prefer the sax solo on the 3 Bats Live version.

snider22
14 Aug 2010, 00:27
I agree with you there, the sax solo is cooler on 3 Bats. But I gave to Casa for coupling the sax with the better vocals

RadioMaster
14 Aug 2010, 06:59
Im with the evil one on the history version

Evil One
15 Aug 2010, 16:54
I think special mention should be made of the version on the MSO bonus DVD for being great and a bit poo at the same time. The instrumentation, arrangement and backing vocals of the song are top notch, but it's too short, had the end chopped off and Meat sounds like he's singing through his nose.

Wario
15 Aug 2010, 19:15
And how about CARDIFF 1993?

Not officially released, but that version's the true best :cool:

Michael Marxen
15 Aug 2010, 19:39
And how about CARDIFF 1993?

Not officially released, but that version's the true best :cool:

Agreed!
And at least it was an official radio-broadcast of that magical first night of bat2 in Europe.

The spoken intro is so emotional and appropiate. BTW Jon Bon Jovi recently nearly copied it as an intro speach to "Love is the only Rule" live.

Evil One
15 Aug 2010, 21:32
I agree, that performance is awesome. I do have two slight nits to pick with it though: the slightly echoey sound (that applies to the whole broadcast) and the repeating riff at the end (after the second guitar solo) needs to be longer. :twisted:

Wario
15 Aug 2010, 21:39
I agree, that performance is awesome. I do have two slight nits to pick with it though: the slightly echoey sound (that applies to the whole broadcast) and the repeating riff at the end (after the second guitar solo) needs to be longer. :twisted:

Well yeah, its quality is at least better then the wembley 1987 CD :twisted:

Yes the riff at the end needs to be longer, but you can do that yourself with copy+paste.

Smithie
16 Aug 2010, 19:24
I really like the bonus version on the MSO dvd too. The version on the current tour is my all-time favorite.

Elijah's way
11 Sep 2010, 08:26
I think the best version of this is the one on Live Around The World. It's so amazing!!!