PDA

View Full Version : Frying Pan, Lemon, or Break It?

Wario
13 Aug 2010, 21:23
Which of the three Set List Whores did you like Best?

These weren't Regulars. they were OVER USED.

Frying Pan was tolerable. Actually preferred it live.

Monstro
13 Aug 2010, 21:33
is this your last poll +1 then?

The Flying Mouse
13 Aug 2010, 21:59

:twisted: What is the difference between regular and "over used"? :wtf:

Lemon has been in the set list since Bat II, that seems pretty regular to me.

Evil One
13 Aug 2010, 22:06
Isn't this the same poll that I did last week, but with less options?

Wario
13 Aug 2010, 22:23
Isn't this the same poll that I did last week, but with less options?

nah the poll you did had the regulars, these are teh songs people think were over used.

Lemon Out weared its welcome after the VBO Tour.

AndrewG
13 Aug 2010, 22:58
is this your last poll +1 then?

You beat me to it.

Lemon surely is the longest whore and Break it the shortest?
Find break it the most annoying whore though and wouldn't consider Frying pan a whore really, more like a sexy girlfriend.

Never thought I would have a discussion about whores on this site. :shock:

Evil One
13 Aug 2010, 23:00
nah the poll you did had the regulars, these are teh songs people think were over used.

Lemon Out weared its welcome after the VBO Tour.
I think Meat should have alternated between Lemon and Frying Pan for each tour since Bat 2. That way they would both seem much fresher.

The Flying Mouse
13 Aug 2010, 23:04
these are teh songs people think were over used.

:twisted: Which people?

AndrewG
13 Aug 2010, 23:05

Warioloaf and his imaginary friend who lives in his backpack.

Wario
13 Aug 2010, 23:08

Oh Neil, you're a lemon fan. I can just tell.

BTW This poll is really close

The Flying Mouse
13 Aug 2010, 23:12
:twisted: I'm a MASSIVE Lemon fan, but I wouldn't say Frying Pan and Break It could be classed as over used either.

This could be your most pointless poll to date :shock:

AndrewG
13 Aug 2010, 23:12
Oh Neil, you're a lemon fan. I can just tell.

BTW This poll is really close

Let's wait for some more responses before drawing conclusions, alternatively you may have a career in the media or politics.

snider22
13 Aug 2010, 23:17
I might be in the minority on this but I really like Break It. It has a really cool vibe when it's done live.

Wario
13 Aug 2010, 23:18
This could be your most pointless poll to date :shock:

Whats sad is this was actually meant to be a non-pointless poll

Let's wait for some more responses before drawing conclusions, alternatively you may have a career in the media or politics.

I do :D Imma Weatherman:

NcKichE2w5Y

Pudding
14 Aug 2010, 01:20
Lemon sucks, Break It sucks but Frying Pan doesn't suck, so that's a no brainer for me.

snider22
14 Aug 2010, 01:28
Lemon sucks, Break It sucks but Frying Pan doesn't suck, so that's a no brainer for me.

While I disagree with your opinion................Oh who am I kidding.............I can't quit looking at your avatar long enough to make a counterpoint:lol:

MeatGrl1
14 Aug 2010, 01:31
Frying Pan 100%

14 Aug 2010, 01:38
Which of the three Set List Whores did you like Best?

Frying Pan was tolerable. Actually preferred it live.

In your opinion they were over used and maybe other people's but for me i never ever tired of hearing Frying Pan live, so i voted for that.

duke knooby
14 Aug 2010, 01:44
but for me i never ever tired of hearing Frying Pan live, so i voted for that.

i havent seen meat live anywhere near as much as most of you... but i do think its shame when he is all about improv, and has such a great band to support him, that he doesnt use much more of his great back catalogue of songs to make each performance on each tour more special... it might even help ticket sales when no ones knows whats gonna be performed on the night

Pudding
14 Aug 2010, 02:09
but i do think its shame when he is all about improv, and has such a great band to support him, that he doesnt use much more of his great back catalogue of songs to make each performance on each tour more special... it might even help ticket sales when no ones knows whats gonna be performed on the night

Totally agree :up: I'd love for him to shake things up a little by adding and removing songs during a tour.

AndrewG
14 Aug 2010, 02:14
Yup, being saying that for years. Love to see Meat do the Springsteen approach, start of with a shell of songs and mix things up and each gig then becomes much more unique and there is more of an incentive to go see more shows. Love to see random songs performed and then also the long (seem to have been forgotten) classics such as Surf's Up, Did I say That? and many others.

AndyK
14 Aug 2010, 13:07
There's no way that Frying Pan can be considered over used IMO. Break It and Lemon on the other hand are certainly well into that category! Wouldn't complain if I never heard the last two again in a concert.

Battybarb
14 Aug 2010, 19:12
i do love lemon,but have voted for frying pan as think live is awesome

Michael Marxen
14 Aug 2010, 20:08
Frying Pan was tolerable.

You must be kidding.
Frying Pan is the one in a million songs to me!
And what Meat does to it live takes it out of this world...

Sarge
14 Aug 2010, 20:27
How someone can call Frying Pan "tolerable" is beyond be. It's a fantastic piece of music. I could do without Lemon and Break It but I haven't gotten tired of Frying Pan yet and I have enjoyed every live performance of that song so far.

Rage Against
14 Aug 2010, 22:09
While I disagree with your opinion................Oh who am I kidding.............I can't quit looking at your avatar long enough to make a counterpoint:lol:

I agree. Everytime I go through a thread, Pudding's avatar distracts me and I lose my train of thought. I think that is his strategy. :D

Julie in the rv mirror
14 Aug 2010, 22:16
Yup, being saying that for years. Love to see Meat do the Springsteen approach, start of with a shell of songs and mix things up and each gig then becomes much more unique and there is more of an incentive to go see more shows. Love to see random songs performed and then also the long (seem to have been forgotten) classics such as Surf's Up, Did I say That? and many others.

I saw a recent Springsteen interview in which he said he likes to make something in each show unique, so that people can say they saw something that has never been done before. I think that is so cool. :cool: And, people do indeed go to multiple shows and "collect" and "chase" certain songs- it's fun. :-)

Then he started doing the sign requests, which I think got a little out of hand, but it did get us some real gems. :-)

One advantage Bruce has, though, is that E Street has been playing together for a long time, and he has all of that history and experience to draw from.

Pudding
14 Aug 2010, 23:42
I agree. Everytime I go through a thread, Pudding's avatar distracts me and I lose my train of thought.

I'm impressed you have a train of thought to begin with :devil:

Rage Against
15 Aug 2010, 00:22
I'm impressed you have a train of thought to begin with :devil:

All Aboard!! I think I can, I think I can... :lol:

Mr. Happy
27 Aug 2010, 12:20
Lemon is far better live - the studio, original version is legendary, so that's saying something. My vote went to Lemon. Frying Pan never really did anything for me live, and I just plain don't like Break It live. One of my favorites off of Bat 3, but not so much live.