PDA

View Full Version : BOOH Featured on Don't Stop Believing

suzieq
10 Aug 2010, 03:39
Found here:

http://dontstopbelieving.five.tv/catchup/highlight/powerplay

I actually found someone had posted this on Meat's facebook wall.

Wario
10 Aug 2010, 04:53
thats terrible.

Sarge
10 Aug 2010, 05:05
I believe Meat is the only one able to deliver an impressive rendition of that song. But it was okay compared to a bunch of dancing guys performing Dead Ringer For Love on that show hosted by Graham Norton, I have forgotten its name.

AndrewG
10 Aug 2010, 08:58
That REALLY sucked. I've heard lots of people and groups perform this song and that must go down as one of the worst incarnations ever. "Lika lika lika". Who the hell came up with that?! The phrasing and melody is all over the place. Utter useless.
This has me worried how they could potentially ruin it with a Bat Musical too if that EVER sees the light of day.
In this case they should have called the show "Stop believin' immediately" as it is as convincing as Nick Clegg's promise not to rise the VAT rate.

unbekannt
10 Aug 2010, 10:58
What did they do to the song?! :wtf:

Mr. Happy
10 Aug 2010, 11:37
That was actually painful to watch

*originaldancechick
10 Aug 2010, 16:24
The girls on that show were good but if the guy had a stronger voice, then it might have been passable. BOOH needs a strong powerful voice and he doesn't have one. Luv cx

LisaT
10 Aug 2010, 16:59
Hmmm, I think Meat's version has the edge on this one! LMAO

Sarge
10 Aug 2010, 17:00
This has me worried how they could potentially ruin it with a Bat Musical too if that EVER sees the light of day.

That's one of my concerns, too.

I guess such talent shows aren't the ideal environment for a Bat cover. I doubt that any of those people understands Steinman's music. And as *originaldancechick said, a strong voice is required to perform that song.

LisaT
10 Aug 2010, 17:02
On a slightly different note, has anyone seen that one of the characters in the new 'A-Team' movie is wearing a Bat t-shirt?

AndrewG
10 Aug 2010, 17:03
Maybe a strong voice is good but in my opinion a singer who the hell KNOWS what they are singing about would be more convincing than: "La di da lika lika lika bat out of hell, la di da da da, I'm dead " -dance move- "i'm burning at this car crash" - dance move - "la di da da da". Who was their mentor: Justin :shit: for brains Bieber by any chance?

LisaT
10 Aug 2010, 17:04
Hey Sarge, when did you get back here? Nice to see your return.

PanicLord
10 Aug 2010, 17:38
HA! :lmao:

Sorry, but I like it :lol:

Ok, it's a little bit Glee, but at least they have done their own thing with it rather than just try and recreate the original, which let's face it is not an easy task.

The Flying Mouse
10 Aug 2010, 18:08
:twisted: Epic FAIL :down:

They've got the idea to turn this into a duet from watching opera star.

It doesn't work.

dukesofhazard
10 Aug 2010, 18:16
Glee has got a lot to answer for :roll:

Smithie
10 Aug 2010, 21:02
:O

Cherry.Loaf
10 Aug 2010, 22:06
On a slightly different note, has anyone seen that one of the characters in the new 'A-Team' movie is wearing a Bat t-shirt?

I noticed! It made me smile

Wario
10 Aug 2010, 22:13
I noticed! It made me smile

where is this seen?

Nick
11 Aug 2010, 06:56
I hated it. truly. i just couldn't even stand it.

loaferman61
11 Aug 2010, 19:29
Even the best of Meat imitators and/ or tributes can't even come close. As far as I'm concerned it is near blasphemy for anyone else to perform it.

Ma.Ra
17 Aug 2010, 00:27
Please, uber-natural power somewhere in the universe, send the flood of Pakistan back in time through this show....

Pudding
17 Aug 2010, 00:49
I enjoyed it. There's only so much they could do with the concept of the show and the time restraint they had. But I'm not a Meat nazi and think only Meat can/should sing one of Steinman's songs in the way only Meat can.

I've heard lots of people and groups perform this song
Really, like who exactly?

loaferman61
17 Aug 2010, 18:52
I enjoyed it. There's only so much they could do with the concept of the show and the time restraint they had. But I'm not a Meat nazi and think only Meat can/should sing one of Steinman's songs in the way only Meat can.

I'm not either, I like several of the tribute acts and some are excellent, however there is something about "Bat" that just belongs to Meat as far as singing it goes. I've never heard anyone else do the song justice, it is the one song I think is truly his signature song.

Pudding
18 Aug 2010, 05:14
I've never heard anyone else do the song justice

It's not about doing the song justice, it's about kids having fun whilst singing the song and bringing it to a wider audience.