PDA

View Full Version : Best live release of Life Is A Lemon

Evil One
07 Aug 2010, 17:13
My favourite arrangement is from the Very Best Of tour, so if the full version from the Hard Rock show is ever released (as featured on the Storytellers CD) that will make my day.

The Hudson Theater recording is great and I would put it in second place, although it hasn't been officially released.

I think the one from 3 Bats Live is actually pretty good and one of the better efforts on that DVD, but it is too short to be considered best.

I don't think much to the MSO or LATW renditions as it seems to take a while for Meat and the band to get things together.

For a song that has been played non stop since 1993, there aren't actually that many good choices. :shrug:

samurai7
07 Aug 2010, 17:16
The version on the Bat II Picture show video. Awesome!

RadioMaster
07 Aug 2010, 17:19
I'll go with the Hudson 93 one. Not particularly because of the song itself, but because of the brilliant spoken intro. ("did you go to that cash machine tonight?").
Gotta disagree with the evil one about MSO. It's very straight forward, but in a good way. (if that makes sense)

Cristina
07 Aug 2010, 17:34
Though I like CC, I don't particularly like the "threesome" Lemon, I preferred it with just Patti. And Meat, of course

Evil One
07 Aug 2010, 17:52
The version on the Bat II Picture show video. Awesome!
Yes it is. I'd forgotten that one.

Wario
07 Aug 2010, 19:46
I prefer the Bat II Picture Show/History of ML LIve version. BUT The beginning Cuts in....

Hudsn Theater is great, but the ending is missing something.

I like the CHSIB LIve album version strictly because of the arrangement.

The In The Neighborhood version and the VH1 STorytellers/Hard Rock Live version are excellent.

MSO was a high point.

3 Bats was a Low point

Overall favorite OFFICIALLY: IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Overall favorite UNOFFICIALLY: CARDIFF, 1993

OVERALL: CARDIFF, 1993

RadioMaster
07 Aug 2010, 21:39
MSO was a high point.

3 Bats was a Low point

just rewatched those two LIAL performances back to back, and I gotta agree. He's really passionate/angry on the MSO DVD, you feel every word is meant the way it is sung. On 3 bats live he just seems to work his way through the lyrics...

Evil One
07 Aug 2010, 21:47
I forgot one. The worse one so far: It's Live For You or Intimate & Interactive. Whatever the name it's still dreadful. :rly:

Wario
07 Aug 2010, 21:52
I forgot one. The worse one so far: It's Live For You or Intimate & Interactive. Whatever the name it's still dreadful. :rly:

nawwwww. Its better then the 3 Bats version. You just gotta watch it.

For those who are confused:

Gbi8zgvpL8Y

RadioMaster
07 Aug 2010, 21:55

the whole show (if you can call it that) was quite crappy in my memory

Wario
07 Aug 2010, 21:58
the whole show (if you can call it that) was quite crappy in my memory

well I can tell you Amnesty really really really was bad aha...

glamourgirl
11 Aug 2010, 23:16
Best version- Bat 2 Picture Show

Worst version- 3 Bats Live (Aspen's voice did not suit this song during the "What About" part.)