PDA

View Full Version : Pink's accident a few days ago

MeatGrl1
17 Jul 2010, 14:55
I was absolutely shocked when I saw this but am grateful she's OK;

9B00qljswfk

I would not of shared this if she didn't get back up on that stage after that, but what a trooper.

allrevvedup
17 Jul 2010, 15:02
ouch...it looked like a very rushed stunt in the first place so i suppose there's always a chance that something would go wrong, it's good that she's ok

AndrewG
17 Jul 2010, 15:04
Don't see why this video is acceptable to post here and videos of Meat's 2003 collapse on stage or his "goodbye" in Newcastle are not.
They are all exploiting accidents or embarrassing moments of the artist. In my opinion if fans had any respect they wouldn't post it and just say I'm glad she's ok but I'm guessing that is not attention grabbing enough. There would have been 120 minutes of fantastic footage from that show and instead we focus on the embarrassing bit. :confused:

She does a lot of crazy aerobatics on stage so I guess it was bound to go wrong at some point.

Steve6
17 Jul 2010, 16:06
That was nothing more than a badly practised, and rushed stunt. You can't see her falling Andrew so there is nothing wrong with posting it.

I'm not a fan of all these boring antics, and wild costumes that a lot of artists use to try and hide their bad singing, and poor band.

AndrewG
17 Jul 2010, 16:30
That was nothing more than a badly practised, and rushed stunt. You can't see her falling Andrew so there is nothing wrong with posting it.

I'm not a fan of all these boring antics, and wild costumes that a lot of artists use to try and hide their bad singing, and poor band.

You must be out of your crazy assed mind if you class Pink as an artist with bad singing and who has a poor band. Probably one of the most creative and talented artists of the 2000s.

Steve6
17 Jul 2010, 16:52
You must be out of your crazy assed mind if you class Pink as an artist with bad singing and who has a poor band. Probably one of the most creative and talented artists of the 2000s.

She's alright her songs aren't great, but she has a punk image that sells well similar to Lady Gaga, the only reason she done well in the 2000's was because there was no one else around like her.

meat_loaf2008
17 Jul 2010, 17:05
She's alright her songs aren't great, but she has a punk image that sells well similar to Lady Gaga, the only reason she done well in the 2000's was because there was no one else around like her.

You could say the same for Meat. So watch it. There has never been, nor will there ever be anyone like him.

Steve6
17 Jul 2010, 17:12
You could say the same for Meat. So watch it. There has never been, nor will there ever be anyone like him.

Well I didn't say Meat did I? No!! and the difference is he's twice the performer she can ever hope to be, and the songs he sings are a hell of a lot better too. She's unique alright but not in the way I like.

meat_loaf2008
17 Jul 2010, 17:17
Hey, Im not tryin to rag on ya m8, just sayin :p

Steve6
17 Jul 2010, 17:23
Hey, Im not tryin to rag on ya m8, just sayin :p

No worries pal I knew you weren't :cheers:

Monstro
17 Jul 2010, 18:27
She's been touring solidly for for over three years to sell out stadiums and arenas and her shows are somewhat amazing. I've got footage of this "stunt" when it went without a hitch and it's amazing.

Sorry but but bad singing and a poor band???????????? I'm saving the other mods a job and not saying what I really feel which is more than you deserve.

Wario
17 Jul 2010, 18:47
can someone tell me what happened to her. I really dont wanna watch it but im curious

MeatGrl1
17 Jul 2010, 18:54
She was suppose to be harnessed into a wired hoop thing that twirls and goes over the audience while she is singing the song but she knew something wasn't right with the harness and gave the crossed arm signal which I am guessing is, 'It's not safe so don't carry on.' But they seemed to ignore that and propelled her slap bang into the security railings. She did go to hospital but was given the all clear, she's just a little bruised.

A Slice Of English
17 Jul 2010, 19:25
The crossed-arms thing in this instance can mean either "Don't go ahead/I need assistance" like it means in professional wrestling, or "I'm ready, let's go".

A Slice Of English
17 Jul 2010, 19:26
Personally I hope she does another show for those fans or they can get their money back. Sucks for her that it went wrong but she should probably look to perform again for her fans.

Monstro
17 Jul 2010, 19:51
Think it was the encore, I'm pretty sure it was the last song anyway

Cherry.Loaf
17 Jul 2010, 19:51
The stunt looks beautiful normally it's a shame it failed; she is fine I'm following her on twitter and she posted all the detail a few days ago. She is clearly saying no and that she is not ready. I'm a big fan of Pink and she's one of the few popular female singers worth looking up to imo

Cherry.Loaf
17 Jul 2010, 19:53
When I saw her last year the stunt was done really well she's brave for doing something so ambitious it's a shame it failed; she is fine I'm following her on twitter and she posted all the detail a few days ago. She is clearly saying no and that she is not ready I'm a big fan of Pink and she's one of the few popular female singers worth looking up to imo

Rage Against
17 Jul 2010, 21:21
I know for me as a fan, I don't even consider something going wrong during a concert. However, a lot of things can go wrong up there on stage. I remember when James Hetfield was burned on stage by pyro. The fact that this stuff doesn't happen more often just shows the professionalism of all those involved and the number of rehearsals that take place.

A Slice Of English
17 Jul 2010, 21:27
Well Meat has been on stage so many times were accidents have happened. If Pinks accident happened during the encore then I can understand why no new show would be scheduled, fair enough. She's a battler, like Meat so no doubt she'll be straight back into it.

The Flying Mouse
17 Jul 2010, 22:42
:twisted: To go completly off topic for a moment, the whole "you are crazy for thinking that" is the reason for most of the arguments on this forum, and most of us have been on both sides of that viewpoint at some time or other, but at least not always posted it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong you think they are (unless they like Michael Crawford, in which case you're ass is getting banned :bleh: )

Not a fan of Pink especially, but hope she's ok and is back on the road soon :up:

The Flying Mouse
17 Jul 2010, 22:44
she knew something wasn't right with the harness and gave the crossed arm signal which I am guessing is, 'It's not safe so don't carry on.' But they seemed to ignore that and propelled her slap bang into the security railings.

:twisted: If that is true, I can see an almighty law suit.

MeatGrl1
17 Jul 2010, 23:30
I thought that too Neil.

Pudding
18 Jul 2010, 00:26
can someone tell me what happened to her. I really dont wanna watch it but im curious

You're not really missing much. She gets slung forward like an ACME catapult from a Road Runner cartoon, quite funny to watch really. Not that I wish her ill, cos I don't, but I see it as no worse than someone slipping on a banana and hardly worth getting excited over.

daveake
18 Jul 2010, 00:44
Not a fan of Pink especially, but hope she's ok and is back on the road soon :up:

Yep. Though she may need to change her stage name to "Black and Blue". :twisted: