PDA

View Full Version : Cameras at the show this tour ??

Vickip
09 Jul 2010, 17:50
Meat ... I hope you don't mind me asking.
Has your policy about pictures changed during this tour :??:
Do you have a problem with us taking pictures, for our own personal use, as long as we don't use a flash :??:

Thanks.
Vicki

Jayd
09 Jul 2010, 19:04
Thing is, most cameras would have to have flash "on" to get a decent pic I think, which in turn annoys the hell out of most performing artists. :D

Vickip
09 Jul 2010, 19:12
Thing is, most cameras would have to have flash "on" to get a decent pic I think, which in turn annoys the hell out of most performing artists. :D

I absolutey agree with you about the flash being annoying.
But, depending on the type of camera and where you're sitting, the stage lights are bright enough to compensate for the flash :wink:

Vicki

Monstro
09 Jul 2010, 21:26
Trouble is the cheaper the camera the more need for flash

Vickip
09 Jul 2010, 22:53
Trouble is the cheaper the camera the more need for flash

Good point :-)

AndrewG
10 Jul 2010, 00:14
Not necessarily. If you are close to the front your flash will look crap. You need to be able to pick up the show lights. If your camera has an ISO setting try putting that up to the highest or second highest setting. 1000 or 1600 if you have that will look good. If you don't have that then try a potential Sport setting. Flash is absolutely not necessary and would never be able to broadcast enough light across that distance to help.

Vickip
10 Jul 2010, 00:27
Very interesting .. thanks Andrew :))

Pudding
10 Jul 2010, 00:41
I don't think I'm out of order by saying that Meat has or has had a few health issues. One of the conditions of cameras flashing all the time is it can induce Flicker Vertigo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker_vertigo) where the strobe light effect of flashing lights can make a person become disoriented, lose control and possibly have a seizure.

Can people remember that incident with Meat at the awards show where he was disoriented and all over the place and he said later that he'd suffered from vertigo?

Monstro
10 Jul 2010, 00:49
Not necessarily. If you are close to the front your flash will look crap. You need to be able to pick up the show lights. If your camera has an ISO setting try putting that up to the highest or second highest setting. 1000 or 1600 if you have that will look good. If you don't have that then try a potential Sport setting. Flash is absolutely not necessary and would never be able to broadcast enough light across that distance to help.

Spot on, I chose my camera purely on the advice from a small independant camera shop when I told him what I wanted it for, bought purely for Meat's concerts, I've an ISO setting up to 3200 and the guy said straight away that Fuji was the way to go.

Like Pud says, the proof is in..........

taken with no flash

http://media.mlxxfc.net/noflash.jpg

Vickip
10 Jul 2010, 00:52
I don't think you're out of order Pudding. You raise a good point.
I also know Meat has said in the past about how distracting a lot of flash photography can be to both him and the band, which is why I'm asking him how he feels about us taking pictures without using flash.

Excellent pic btw Monstro :-)

Pudding
10 Jul 2010, 00:58
Here's a thought (one of many I've had today ;) ) why doesn't Meat have an official photographer at each show, then sell photo packages via his website? A package of a shitload of photo's of high quality could be a seller.

Monstro
10 Jul 2010, 01:05
Here's a thought (one of many I've had today ;) ) why doesn't Meat have an official photographer at each show, then sell photo packages via his website? A package of a shitload of photo's of high quality could be a seller.

Yup, would surely be the way to go, remember Bon Jovi doing this a few years ago.

Pud with too many thoughts is a scary thing lol

Vickip
10 Jul 2010, 01:06

That's a brilliant idea :))

Vickip
10 Jul 2010, 01:07
:shock:

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
10 Jul 2010, 02:06
ye brillant idea or when he dos a the show all the way threw for reheasal take photos then then he can sell them at the venues but saying that is what the programes for

Vickip
10 Jul 2010, 02:49
ye brillant idea or when he dos a the show all the way threw for reheasal take photos then then he can sell them at the venues but saying that is what the programes for

Which reminds me, I haven't seen any tourbooks yet. I wonder when they're going to be available :??:

MeatGrl1
10 Jul 2010, 03:10

Wrong !!

There is enough light from the staging that you do not need a flash for example look at this picture of Michael Ball I took on the 18th September (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8954676&l=2c16213810&id=535165500), I did not require a flash there was plenty of light.

All a flash does is annoy the performer and those around you !!

melon
10 Jul 2010, 06:46

My Gosh Pud, I agree with you.

Pudding
10 Jul 2010, 10:23

I never said they were GOOD thoughts :devil:

PanicLord
10 Jul 2010, 11:15
Wrong !!

There is enough light from the staging that you do not need a flash for example look at this picture of Michael Ball I took on the 18th September (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8954676&l=2c16213810&id=535165500), I did not require a flash there was plenty of light.

Great pic - I was there with my wife - amazing night!

Flash can work against you when it is dark overall, by highlighting anything really close and eliminating background detail. Non flash is the way forward if you're looking for a decent picture with natural colours and a decent depth.

Jayd
15 Jul 2010, 15:49
Wrong !!

Did I not say flash is annoying, I know that, Meat certainly knows that. If you are up close to the stage then fair enough, stage lighting helps, but remember, stage lights are not always bright white, and if you are way back in the crowd, then you are fecked really. Like someone said, it may depend of your camera, and how good it is, some cameras are crap, and require flash for dark scenes, check out any concerts on DVD, and from far out shots try and count how many flashes you count. :D

Jayd
15 Jul 2010, 15:52

Excellent idea :D

AndyK
15 Jul 2010, 17:41
Stay on topic please.

Pudding
16 Jul 2010, 03:17
Stay on topic please.

Who wasn't? :confused:

meat_loaf2008
16 Jul 2010, 03:25
Who wasn't? :confused:

Me, they deleted my posts...

Pudding
16 Jul 2010, 04:35
Ahhhh, don't do it again...LOL :))

meat_loaf2008
16 Jul 2010, 04:41
>.< ok mr. off topic :D

mattgraph1
29 Jul 2010, 20:37
They are now Available through the online store. for $14.95 along with new shirts.
sorry for this being off topic. I am answering a question/ comment from Vicki

29 Jul 2010, 21:35

I have hundreds of superb pics at Meat concerts all took without the flash on. Most cameras is not the case, technology has moved on, you can get plenty of cameras, that will take high quality pics without a flash.
As regarding cameras at shows, AC no one gave a shit, Mohegan Sun, it was a hanging offence;) LOL..Although they frisked hubby who had the camera in his pocket, never saw it, who knows what they thought that was;) :shock:
So he did get a couple of pics, their fault for being f&ckwits!
PNC no one gave a shit, Hershey no one gave a shit. I am referring to Security about not giving a shit or stopping you.
If Meat did ban cameras and said so before the shows and i knew of the policy i would respect his wishes as i did at previous UK shows.

29 Jul 2010, 21:40
Which reminds me, I haven't seen any tourbooks yet. I wonder when they're going to be available :??:

They were at Hershey, do you mean online ? or another one, or am i been a complete f$ckwit? Answer honestly;) LOL..

Wario
29 Jul 2010, 23:40
They were at Hershey, do you mean online ? or another one, or am i been a complete f$ckwit? Answer honestly;) LOL..

yep hey were also at the PNC show too. I didnt get to but one cause i an outta money ahohoho

30 Jul 2010, 13:24
yep hey were also at the PNC show too. I didnt get to but one cause i an outta money ahohoho

Ahh yea cos thats where i got my first one, forgot that, my head is up my arse before a show, so can't remember f_ck all !
I had hubby upload all the pics to our mini laptop after each show, cos i was paranoid our camera would be nicked on the way home. Logic did not enter my head that the laptop and camera could both be nicked ! This would have been a disaster as all the M&G pics would be on there. That was one thing that i did not like about having to take our own pics, cos it was a risk this could happen. Luckily never had anything nicked !

cujo
30 Jul 2010, 13:58
Ahh yea cos thats where i got my first one, forgot that, my head is up my arse before a show, so can't remember f_ck all !

My wife - what a star!!!

Yes Vicky they were at PNC & Hershey - dunno how you missed them at Hershey as they had a stand right in the entrance way - a bit like a News stand - selling only tour books - you must have nearly fallen over it on your way into the arena :?

Back on topic though in case I get a ticking off from Mr King - When we have been told no cameras I put mine away but this time I was only told that at Mohegan Sun. I do remember a couple of years back before Meat banned cameras that he specifically asked for people to not use flashes, so I never use one, but as said before you can get a better picture without a flash.

A lot depends on the stage lighting - when there's a lot of red lighting on the stage I find it doesn't matter what I do I cannot get a decent picture - but otherwise its great - I must say that the screens at the back of the stage helped a lot this time as they brought light to the back of any picture - like this

http://media.mlxxfc.net/P1070538.jpg

30 Jul 2010, 15:30
My hubby a star for saying i am a star, will be sure to be nice to him tonight;) LOL...
Great pic i must say !

Vickip
30 Jul 2010, 20:26
My wife - what a star!!!

Yes Vicky they were at PNC & Hershey - dunno how you missed them at Hershey as they had a stand right in the entrance way - a bit like a News stand - selling only tour books - you must have nearly fallen over it on your way into the arena :?

Thanks :)) I know .. I got one from the stand in Hershey. Actually that was where the change was fallling out of my wallet when I was looking for the money :lol: I had posted that question a while back :wink:

Back on topic though in case I get a ticking off from Mr King - When we have been told no cameras I put mine away but this time I was only told that at Mohegan Sun. I do remember a couple of years back before Meat banned cameras that he specifically asked for people to not use flashes, so I never use one, but as said before you can get a better picture without a flash.

A lot depends on the stage lighting - when there's a lot of red lighting on the stage I find it doesn't matter what I do I cannot get a decent picture - but otherwise its great - I must say that the screens at the back of the stage helped a lot this time as they brought light to the back of any picture - like this

http://media.mlxxfc.net/P1070538.jpg

I know what you mean about the flash :-) And this pic is
absolutely amazing .. thanks for sharing it :))

Vickip
30 Jul 2010, 20:29

Actually I posted my question on July 9th :wink: So you're not a f$ckwit .. just a little slow :lmao: I got one at Hershey ... thanks :))

cujo
31 Jul 2010, 07:47
Thanks :)) I know .. I got one from the stand in Hershey. Actually that was where the change was fallling out of my wallet when I was looking for the money :lol: I had posted that question a while back

Sorry Vicky - hadn't realised how old your post was - we're still getting used to a different time zone!!! :?

Vickip
01 Aug 2010, 03:13
Sorry Vicky - hadn't realised how old your post was - we're still getting used to a different time zone!!! :?

No problem at all :)) I understand completely :lol: