PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf In Talks For Celebrity Apprentice?

roomster
26 Jun 2010, 02:46
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/meat-loaf-in-talks-for-celebrity-apprentice_1149377

Meat Loaf In Talks For Celebrity Apprentice?

Rocker MEAT LOAF is considering a stint as a U.S. reality TV star - the BAT OUT OF HELL singer is reportedly in talks to appear on the next series of CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.

The hitmaker hopes to follow in the footsteps of fellow rocker Bret Michaels, who won last season's show after overcoming a brain haemorrhage and a mild stroke, according to the New York Post.

Meat Loaf is reportedly preparing to move to New York, where filming takes place for Donald Trump's TV business contest, before the end of summer (10).

Vickip
26 Jun 2010, 03:04
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/meat-loaf-in-talks-for-celebrity-apprentice_1149377

Thanks for posting the link Roomster :-)

The show is very popular here in the States, and it would be a great opportunity for Meat.
And it would give me a reason to finally watch it :lol:

I know it's still a rumor :wink:
But, according to the article, the filming is supposed to start in New York before the end of the summer.
How would Meat have the time to film the show when he's going to be on tour :??:

Vicki

suzieq
26 Jun 2010, 03:14

The show is very popular here in the States, and it would be a great opportunity for Meat. And it would give me a reason to finally watch it :lol:

But, according to the article, the filming is supposed to start in New York before the end of the summer. How would Meat have the time to film the show when he's going to be on tour :??:

Vicki

I was wondering that too Vicki. Although end of summer is around Sept. 22-23 (in the calendar sense). As of right now his tour dates stop Sept. 5. :shrug: I suppose anything is possible.

Monstro
26 Jun 2010, 03:15
Saw this on news feed a while ago, personally I don't think he'll do it after what he's said so many times about these reality shows..........just watch him prove me wrong lol (but I don't think so)

roomster
26 Jun 2010, 03:15
But, according to the article, the filming is supposed to start in New York before the end of the summer.
How would Meat have the time to film the show when he's going to be on tour :??:

Yeah, it sounds a bit unlikely...

Vickip
26 Jun 2010, 03:20
I was wondering that too Vicki. Although end of summer is around Sept. 22-23 (in the calendar sense). As of right now his tour dates stop Sept. 5. :shrug: I suppose anything is possible.

That's a good point about the dates Suzie.

Saw this on news feed a while ago, personally I don't think he'll do it after what he's said so many times about these reality shows..........just watch him prove me wrong lol (but I don't think so)

I don't think so either :lol:

ChrisBelfast
26 Jun 2010, 03:24
I would have said before it was rubbish...but when you see how bad HCTB seems to have been doing in the US (Meats words) then i'm guessing he'll go anywhere where the promotion might be good, and beliefs go out the window!

Vickip
26 Jun 2010, 03:30
Meat is full of surprises :lol:
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens ...

Pudding
26 Jun 2010, 03:48
Celebrity Apprentice would be good for Meat, it's a great show.

The Flying Mouse
26 Jun 2010, 21:58
:twisted: It's be bloody funny to watch, but i'd hate to be on Meat's team :lmao:

AndrewG
27 Jun 2010, 13:43
News fed via Yahoo now as well. Link (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100627/ten-meat-loaf-in-talks-for-celebrity-app-c60bd6d.html).

Actually what I don't understand from that article is that it says The hitmaker hopes to follow in the footsteps of fellow rocker Bret Michaels, who won last season's show after overcoming a brain haemorrhage and a mild stroke, according to the New York Post.
I'm sure Bret only had that haemorrhage this year which must have been WELL before filming the Apprentice programme.

Personally I'm not a bit fan of the American version but I do think Alan Sugar's version is some of the best TV ever created. Can't see Sugar do a prolonged celebrity version as I think he takes it a bit more serious whereas Trump is more of a showman.

Evil One
27 Jun 2010, 14:02
Lord :roll: Sugar has said he'd rather do a childrens version than a celebrity version, which is why we've just had the rather boring Junior Apprentice. Regular UK Apprentice is top telly though.

Vickip
27 Jun 2010, 15:50
Actually what I don't understand from that article is that it says
I'm sure Bret only had that haemorrhage this year which must have been WELL before filming the Apprentice programme.

I could be wrong .. I didn't really follow his case. But didn't he have it
after the show started filming :??: That's why they weren't sure whether he would make it to the finally or not :??:

AndrewG
27 Jun 2010, 18:26
According to Wikipedia the apprentice was filmed in 2009 and Bret didn't have health problems until May of this year whilst he was filming another self titled show.

Vickip
28 Jun 2010, 00:19
According to Wikipedia the apprentice was filmed in 2009 and Bret didn't have health problems until May of this year whilst he was filming another self titled show.

Oh ok ... I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification :-)

Evil One
28 Jun 2010, 00:23
If it's anything like the UK version then they'll film most of the series months in advance and then the final bit will be recorded closer to transmission.

carole
28 Jun 2010, 06:24

The show is very popular here in the States, and it would be a great opportunity for Meat.
And it would give me a reason to finally watch it :lol:

Vicki

I thought that too Vicki, it would be a big commitment for Meat right in the middle of his tour. I used to love watching The Apprentice, but we don't get the Celebrity one.

Carole

Julie in the rv mirror
28 Jun 2010, 07:30
I could be wrong .. I didn't really follow his case. But didn't he have it
after the show started filming :??: That's why they weren't sure whether he would make it to the finally or not :??:

I believe it happened after the show was done filming, but before the finale, which was done live. They did say they weren't sure he would make it, which he did. Brett also said his doctors weren't too happy he was there.

carole
28 Jun 2010, 15:13
Sometimes one of the challenges for one of the teams was to organise a concert for a charity event. They did one for Jessica Simpson a few years ago. Maybe that's how Meat will be involved, if he is, rather than as a contestant.

Carole

suzieq
28 Jun 2010, 19:12
Sometimes one of the challenges for one of the teams was to organise a concert for a charity event. They did one for Jessica Simpson a few years ago. Maybe that's how Meat will be involved, if he is, rather than as a contestant.

Carole

Good point!