PDA

View Full Version : Best live version of Two Out Of Three?

Evil One
25 May 2010, 14:18
Hands down it's got to be from Meat Loaf Live. Bob Kulick's guitar solo is tremendous. It's a shame the album itself sounds like it was done on the cheap though.

Wario
25 May 2010, 16:05
Hands down it's got to be from Meat Loaf Live. Bob Kulick's guitar solo is tremendous. It's a shame the album itself sounds like it was done on the cheap though.

That or the Bad Attitude Live version where teh guitar solo is further extended and the production of the audio is steller.

Overall: BALIVE Version

Live with the MSO's version is also great. So is CDC's

I hate all the 1993 recordings and beyond where he goes "IT aint bad". ruined them for me.

Evil One
25 May 2010, 16:24
The 'it' first appeared during the BBIS tour. It's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned.

Renegade Angel
25 May 2010, 16:51
I think most versions of the old songs performed from 1993 onwards have been quite bland, not hard and rocky enough. Pat Thrall played guitar well but I always felt that he only played what was needed and never did any excitting solos or made the songs sound heavy.

Evil One
25 May 2010, 17:20
I can agree with that. I'd love to hear Paul Crook do a mad solo during Two Out Of Three! :metal:

loaferman61
25 May 2010, 19:13
I have never thought a long solo fit the song, preferring a shorter solo with a slower tempo that fits the song. Of course I don't care for the long guitar intro either. To me you can't top the old Jim on piano with a strong voiced Meat like the one (I think) from El Mocambo back in the 70's.

Wario
25 May 2010, 20:10
I can agree with that. I'd love to hear Paul Crook do a mad solo during Two Out Of Three! :metal:

Totally. But with the new tour having a song from every album i doubt we'll ever see the likes of two outta three again. Hes gonna have to keep with just the three of his five major songs (Which would be two outta three, took the words, AFL, paradise, and Bat). I only see AFL, Bat, and Paradise.

I think 2/3 along with took the words, frying pan, and lemon have had their swan run. Not a bad thing. Considering what we get in exchange.

As for the "it" i dont hear it on any of my 1987/1988 stuff. But its clear on the LATW, History of ML Live, and Storytellers (ON THE CD version - the DVD is fine!).

He finally stopped it in the early 2000s

Still: THE BAD ATTITUD ELIVE VERSION IS THE BEST :cool:

lisa01
27 May 2010, 19:04
I personaly think the best live version of two out of three is on the story tellers dvd

allrevvedup
27 May 2010, 19:07
tough one for me...I prefer the Live with the MSO intro but also like the LATW version.

mib
28 May 2010, 08:45
I like the version on Bad Attitude Live and ML Live.