PDA

View Full Version : More Than You Deserve.

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 16:11
I was just wondering if Meat likes the More Than You Deserve video clip, after hearing that he wasn't happy with the Dead Ringer movie?

Personally, I love that clip, and I only discovered it a few weeks ago. I wonder how it compares to the movie...?

Doode. :cool:

andythemeatloafan
25 Apr 2010, 16:37
I havent seen that clip? where is it?

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 16:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcTJ3gxPis

RadioMaster
25 Apr 2010, 18:35
as far as I remember he was only unhappy about the recuts done after the film was actually finished. So a single scene like that must not necessarily be a part of the problem.

Besides, wasnt he credited as a writer for the movie himself?

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 18:50
I have no idea! You know, I only found out that it even existed about a week back. Shame it didn't live up to what he wanted to do with it. I wonder if the raw footage is still around somewhere... you never know... it's been a long time, a DVD extra re-cut could be a cool thing some day ;-)

Wario
25 Apr 2010, 18:54
tell you the truth, fact is its as lost as the spider pit scene of king kong.
Im just praying two certain past concerts get rereleased on DVD uncut.

MeatGrl1
25 Apr 2010, 18:55
I absolutely love this song and video :cool: :heart:.. Though I have so many copys of Hits Out Of Hell now it's a bit silly lol

RadioMaster
25 Apr 2010, 18:57
Well, fact is that Meat Loaf himself didnt know what happened to the movie after it was shown at that one canadian (?) film festival.

There must be at least some footage left as the BBC used several scenes of it in a 1994 documentary. (there has been one more instance of used footage, but cant recall that one right now.)

Theck the search function, there's a sh'tload of threads discussing the remains of this picture...

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 19:07
Coolness, will do :cool:

Wario
25 Apr 2010, 19:12
Well, fact is that Meat Loaf himself didnt know what happened to the movie after it was shown at that one canadian (?) film festival.

There must be at least some footage left as the BBC used several scenes of it in a 1994 documentary. (there has been one more instance of used footage, but cant recall that one right now.)

Theck the search function, there's a sh'tload of threads discussing the remains of this picture...

isnt their a dead ringer tour documentary on the market that has some rare footage?

RadioMaster
25 Apr 2010, 19:17
"The Return of Meat Loaf", that one doesnt feature any movie footage apart from the already known videos from Hits out of Hell. Besides that there's interviews and footage from tour rehearsals.

Wario
25 Apr 2010, 19:30
"The Return of Meat Loaf", that one doesnt feature any movie footage apart from the already known videos from Hits out of Hell. Besides that there's interviews and footage from tour rehearsals.

the fottage from tour rehersals doesnt show meat performing anything uncommon does it?

RadioMaster
25 Apr 2010, 19:56
as far as I remember he's not really performing songs, it's more stage settings, etc
Thought there's one memorable shot of him "flying" on stage in a long white dress :shock:

MeatGrl1
25 Apr 2010, 22:46
RJ, I believe he was suppose to be an angel...

http://i40.tinypic.com/fko5c3.jpg

Huhum.. No comment :shock: :lmao: !!

Wario
25 Apr 2010, 22:54
was that during heaven can wait? lol

MeatGrl1
25 Apr 2010, 22:55
I have absolutely no idea :shock: !!

Ask Fire Ball :lmao: !!

daveake
25 Apr 2010, 22:57
was that during heaven can wait? lol

"Angels Arise ....."

MeatGrl1
26 Apr 2010, 11:52
:lol:

Wario
27 Apr 2010, 07:01
"Id love to be as Heavy as Jesus..."

MeatGrl1
27 Apr 2010, 12:57
:shock: OMG !! Not heard that in like forever but I don't think that's what it's representing though that was amusing :lol:. If it help this was taken from an 80's concert so it was after the Stoney & Meat Loaf period...

Wario
27 Apr 2010, 18:06
:shock: OMG !! Not heard that in like forever but I don't think that's what it's representing though that was amusing :lol:. If it help this was taken from an 80's concert so it was after the Stoney & Meat Loaf period...

Yea but you never know. mabey during an 80's show he decided to bring a S&M song back :D

MeatGrl1
27 Apr 2010, 18:22
Highly unlikely as he hated it and is quoted saying; 'You can burn that thing for all I care !' Mainly due to the fact that he had no input on the record and it was just churned out..

Sarge
27 Apr 2010, 18:28
Highly unlikely as he hated it

So why is there What You See Is What You Get on LATW?

MeatGrl1
27 Apr 2010, 19:17
Same reason he decided to record B4G on Bat III ?!

allrevvedup
27 Apr 2010, 19:21
because he ran out of Jim Steinman songs he could cover?

Cult Of Byron
27 Apr 2010, 20:07
What a brilliant video, that made my day, cheers TheDoode!

More pie than you deserve!

The look Meat shoots the guy in the blue shirt when the waitress serves him his pie is classic!

TheDoode
27 Apr 2010, 21:39
Totally! Oddly reminds me of the scene in Superman II where Christopher Reeve walks into the diner at the end of the movie and stands up to the trucker guy. If you've never seen that movie... just go with it.

mickp
28 Apr 2010, 01:56
Is the Meat flying above the stage routine from the first incarnation of the Dead Ringer tour that was then scaled back? There was one or two shows perhaps - big set and for example I am told 50 bass reflex cabinets just for a thunder effect at the opening of the show. I thought he flew in as Peter Pan though? Would have loved to see that concert

Cult Of Byron
28 Apr 2010, 09:37
Totally! Oddly reminds me of the scene in Superman II where Christopher Reeve walks into the diner at the end of the movie and stands up to the trucker guy. If you've never seen that movie... just go with it.

"I believe you're sitting in my favourite seat..." :lol:

Monstro
28 Apr 2010, 10:34
"I've been working out" lol

TheDoode
28 Apr 2010, 11:08
Hahaha, yeah, guess you have seen it!

Cult Of Byron
28 Apr 2010, 12:03
Many a time ;)

lol at Monstro, and then he gives the waitress a wad of cash.

I feel that's what this MTYD vid needs; a Superman II style ending. Whereby Meat gives the other guys a bit of a dust-up, hands the waitress the aforementioned wad and quips: "Keep the change" (in true cigar chewing action hero style) before flying off in an angel costume.

There. Gimme the raw Dead Ringer footage and I'm sure I can cobble it into something watchable... ;)

MeatGrl1
28 Apr 2010, 13:48
Many a time ;)

I feel that's what this MTYD vid needs; a Superman II style ending. Whereby Meat gives the other guys a bit of a dust-up, hands the waitress the aforementioned wad and quips: "Keep the change" (in true cigar chewing action hero style) before flying off in an angel costume.

There. Gimme the raw Dead Ringer footage and I'm sure I can cobble it into something watchable... ;)

:shock: :lmao: !!

PanicLord
28 Apr 2010, 21:58
Many a time ;)

:lol: Lol - fantastic idea. Nice to see you back too by the way.

Cult Of Byron
29 Apr 2010, 15:11
I'm touched that you noticed :D