PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Meat Loaf!

TheDoode
24 Apr 2010, 13:24
Ha, sounds like an unnoficial best of, doesn't it? It isn't! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHoO32yQZg&playnext_from=TL&videos=nap6NWn_5Rs

For me, this is the Meat that's always in my head - the performance, the voice, the enthusiasm on the edge of every note... the badass moves at the end of the song (Patti in that white dress...).

It was a very cool time. Just like now =D

Doode.

meat_loaf
24 Apr 2010, 13:41
That was an awesome performance thanks for posting it :-)

MissAsh
25 Apr 2010, 00:20
An awesome performance indeed, really made me smile.

AndrewG
25 Apr 2010, 02:07
I remember when that was on Top of The Pops. I only got into Meat Loaf's music around 1991/1992 and waited in great anticipation when I saw the reunion project teaser info on the Bat out of Hell Music Video VHS tape credits!!! I couldn't wait. Bat 2 came out and I thought it was the best thing to have ever happened musically. It was SUCH a huge inspiration to me. Anything for Love proved to me that music can have SUCH a emotional impact on my life. Life wouldn't be worth living without that type of music.
Cheers for posting, it briefly reminded me where this whole journey started for me.

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 11:06
I remember when that was on Top of The Pops. I only got into Meat Loaf's music around 1991/1992 and waited in great anticipation when I saw the reunion project teaser info on the Bat out of Hell Music Video VHS tape credits!!! I couldn't wait. Bat 2 came out and I thought it was the best thing to have ever happened musically. It was SUCH a huge inspiration to me. Anything for Love proved to me that music can have SUCH a emotional impact on my life. Life wouldn't be worth living without that type of music.
Cheers for posting, it briefly reminded me where this whole journey started for me.

Andrew,

It was exactly the same for me, man! I remember hearing that track for the first time and it just blew me away. I didn't know Meat Loaf until that song came out. It was a great time, wasn't it :cool:

Doode.

PanicLord
25 Apr 2010, 12:58
Andrew,

It was exactly the same for me, man! I remember hearing that track for the first time and it just blew me away. I didn't know Meat Loaf until that song came out. It was a great time, wasn't it :cool:

Doode.

Me too - me and my friends were all blown away - what an amazing, fresh new sound. I guess we were 12 ish, and we had literally never heard anything like it before.

TheDoode
25 Apr 2010, 16:05
Me too - me and my friends were all blown away - what an amazing, fresh new sound. I guess we were 12 ish, and we had literally never heard anything like it before.

Same for me, 12/13 when Anything For Love hit the charts, and suddenly Meat Loaf was everywhere! I remember getting the album that Christmas, alond with the Alive in Hell live album that was getting a lot of TV spots at that time. It was the coolest thing :cool:

Doode.

duke knooby
02 May 2010, 18:12
and a much more recent fantastic performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npYyg_BjTU

snider22
02 May 2010, 20:23
and a much more recent fantastic performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npYyg_BjTU

Now that one is probably my favorite version of Anything For Love, personal favorite of mine.