PDA

View Full Version : A Big Fat Zero!!

Ben
25 May 2003, 00:52
well, what can i say!!??

well done to great britain who scored a BIG FAT zero in this years eurovision song contest!

just about sums up the quality of music these days! (see fast food rockers post) :!:

Jen
25 May 2003, 01:20
Didn't watch it but zero, man that's really bad.

So who won it anyway?

Ben
25 May 2003, 01:23
Turkey won it.

Jen
25 May 2003, 01:25
Any good?

I thought Tatu were expected to win

Ben
25 May 2003, 01:27
it wernt bad, i suppose. just a typical turkish tune, sort of belly dancer music style, sort of thing.

tatu sung there song in russian, so i certainly didnt understand it. i think they came 3rd and belgium came 2nd.

Jen
25 May 2003, 01:30
I think some of Tatu's stuff sounds better in Russian, cos then you've got no idea what they're sayin' :wink:

Ben
25 May 2003, 01:31
yeah, id agree with that! lol.

id even go as far to say that there better off staying in Russia! :lol:

Testify
25 May 2003, 22:57
i cant stand TATU, i think their music sucks. but thats my opinion. :lol:

Ben
25 May 2003, 23:31
i totally agree testify!

Asha
26 May 2003, 02:05
Didn't see anything of the contect I must admit.
Did hear that the Netherlands came in 14th place or something like it.
Our southern neighbours are happy I think (belgium) They finished ahead off us AGAIN......

Asha

dottie
26 May 2003, 11:40
Have only just seen the video for jemini our entry - what c..p I cann't believe that with the talent in this land we cann't come up with something that would take the eurovision contest by storm. We deserved nil points :!: Mind u still love the concept of the show. Always tape it when I'm going to out for the night - am I a sad person or what :lol:

evil nickname
26 May 2003, 12:43
England was, to put it nicely, bad.
Russia (Tatu) didn't work for me.
Belgium was good and should have won.
Turkey sounded like a total rip-off from that (also turkish) song when that guy is "kissing" (actually, it was an awefull smacking noice) the air. It was coverd this or last year, so maybe you'd recognice that version. There was a 'oriental' keyboard thingie (like I would know how to call it) which was exactly the same to me.
The Netherlands, well, we shouldn't have send someone who could sing.
Poland and Estonia were really good too, imho.

The Flying Mouse
26 May 2003, 14:23
:twisted: I didn't see the show.
Was Englands song really that bad :( .Saying that,I can't really be that suprised if the charts are anything to go by.
As for Tatu,I can't stand them :evil: .I think their last song "They're not going to get us" is actualy a prediction over their album sales :lol: .
Also,has anyone else noticed that the one with black hair is the spitting image of Damien in the Omen II. 8O

Ben
26 May 2003, 20:00
Turkey sounded like a total rip-off from that (also turkish) song when that guy is "kissing" (actually, it was an awefull smacking noice) the air. It was coverd this or last year, so maybe you'd recognice that version.

Kiss Kiss - by Tarkan

also covered in english by holly valance.

evil nickname
27 May 2003, 09:52
Well, Ben, altough I seem to remembert the song had a turkish title, that's it. Sounds a hell of a lot alike to me.

Ben
27 May 2003, 11:08
i can remember the turkish title of the song. i think that its something like Simarik, but not 100% sure.

Testify
27 May 2003, 12:07
i never watch it, i get really bored n fall asleep!! :zzz:

besty01
27 May 2003, 23:11
can anyone tell me who was the woman singing 2nd from last
she had a red suit on and had a dj with big red + yellow records
cheers

badger
28 May 2003, 23:06
can anyone tell me who was the woman singing 2nd from last
she had a red suit on and had a dj with big red + yellow records
cheers

It was Romania. There is a link to the eurovision website page for them:

http://www.eurovision.tv/public/participants/23331.html

(are we allowed links?)

You can listen to recordings of all the songs too.

EDIT: Her name is just 'Nicola'