PDA

View Full Version : Meat for American Idol?

AndyK
11 Feb 2010, 10:49
American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi would love Meat to be a guest mentor on American Idol this year ...

Who do you think would be a good mentor this year?
"I really like Harry Connick Jr - I think he would be great, and I love Meat Loaf because I think he'd be fun for rock. We actually recorded a song recently and I was very impressed with how he brought out a different side to me vocally."

Found here (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/americanidol/interviews/a202522/kara-dioguardi-american-idol.html)

carole
11 Feb 2010, 11:05
Thanks Andy, that would be great if Meat did that.

Carole

Sarahdk23
11 Feb 2010, 11:13
It would be so awesome if Meat would be a guest mentor on American idol! I watch it every year and I love it!!

RadioMaster
11 Feb 2010, 11:27
I havent watched the shows in years...what's a mentor?

AndyK
11 Feb 2010, 11:39
A mentor is a guest star who comes in each week and "helps" the contestants providing advice etc on the songs that they are to perform that week. The guest mentor usually gets to perform a song on the show at some point too.

nikox1
11 Feb 2010, 12:34
A mentor is a guest star who comes in each week and "helps" the contestants providing advice etc on the songs that they are to perform that week. The guest mentor usually gets to perform a song on the show at some point too.

and great promo

suzieq
11 Feb 2010, 16:35
Thanks Andy, at first glance I didn't catch it. My vote would be 'yes' to Meat on Idol.

Dave
11 Feb 2010, 17:24
Meat Loaf = Yes
Howard Stern = The absolute BEST choice to take over for Simon

Yes!

Dave

Vickip
11 Feb 2010, 18:10
Meat Loaf = Yes
Howard Stern = The absolute BEST choice to take over for Simon

Yes!

Dave

I second that ... on both counts :))

Sarge
11 Feb 2010, 18:53
The guest mentor usually gets to perform a song on the show at some point too.

Do they have to sing with one of the contestants in this case? I'm not keen on seeing another performance like that duet with Kathryn McPhee... :tired:

AndyK
11 Feb 2010, 18:54
Do they have to sing with one of the contestants in this case? I'm not keen on seeing another performance like that duet with Kathryn McPhee... :tired:

Not usually no.

PanicLord
11 Feb 2010, 20:37
Meat would be a great mentor on American Idol, judging by the Camp Rock vids. Also giving useful critiques on Popstar to Operastar. Meat's songs (especially the well knwon ones) would be VERY challenging songs to sing though.

youngJB
11 Feb 2010, 22:03
If he can get on Idol, he definitely should. Whichever way he'd be able to promote the album is the route to take, whether that be as a mentor or as a performer in one of the finals. Also, he might be able to get a spot on Ellen's show, which spells success as far as CDs go.

Dave
11 Feb 2010, 22:09
If he can get on Idol, he definitely should. Whichever way he'd be able to promote the album is the route to take, whether that be as a mentor or as a performer in one of the finals. Also, he might be able to get a spot on Ellen's show, which spells success as far as CDs go.

Holy sh!tballs batduck!

Meat Loaf on the Ellen show would officially be off the chain and out of control. I think they would play off each other very well.

Dave

Vickip
11 Feb 2010, 22:22
Holy sh!tballs batduck!

Meat Loaf on the Ellen show would officially be off the chain and out of control. I think they would play off each other very well.

Dave

Definitely :))

Sarahdk23
11 Feb 2010, 22:22
It would be hillarious if Meat came on the Ellen show! Thats an episode I would like to watch as I think Ellen is one of the most funniest people!

suzieq
11 Feb 2010, 22:41
I've been campaigning Ellen (on her twitter) since Meat started tweeting. Not in an obnoxious way, just hint dropping here and there. Ellen is a great idea.

carole
11 Feb 2010, 23:06
I can't wait for Meat to come to Australia for his promo tour, there's a few shows on here he will be great on, and his sense of humour will be an asset.

Carole

Sarge
11 Feb 2010, 23:40
It would be hillarious if Meat came on the Ellen show! Thats an episode I would like to watch as I think Ellen is one of the most funniest people!

I second that.

mszee
12 Feb 2010, 02:44
Meat is a big fan of the show...he was in the finale a few seasons back...I don't think it's a big stretch that he might do this soon...although he might hold off until X-Factor premiers here...yeah...we get all your leftovers...lol...

AndyK
12 Feb 2010, 11:01
AI would make more sense, as it's on now and Meat has something to promote.

X Factor won't be starting in the US till next year I don't think, by which time the latest album will be out and the tour more than likely over.

As for us sending you our leftovers, don't even get me started :))

loaferman61
12 Feb 2010, 17:02
I've been waiting for them to have Meat do this since they started having the mentors. He could give some great advice on really interpeting and conveying the emotion of a song instead of just going out there and going thorugh the motions.

mszee
13 Feb 2010, 02:24
AI would make more sense, as it's on now and Meat has something to promote.

X Factor won't be starting in the US till next year I don't think, by which time the latest album will be out and the tour more than likely over.

As for us sending you our leftovers, don't even get me started :))

Sorry...I completely forgot that all that you people watch is your own regurgitated shows as shown on American TV...lol

meatrocks1
13 Feb 2010, 03:08
Meat and Simon.........now that would be a dual and a half...lol

mszee
13 Feb 2010, 03:46
Meat and Simon.........now that would be a dual and a half...lol

Nah...it became America's national pastime to duel with Simon...

Jeanie
13 Feb 2010, 05:53
If memory serves...didn't Meat & band perform on Ellen's show during promo for Bat3? If so, then it's likely she'll have him on as a guest again.

J. xo

Elijah's way
15 Feb 2010, 22:19
Anymore news on this?

mszee
16 Feb 2010, 04:03
Anymore news on this?

Not that I know of...the show isn't live yet...it's still auditions, etc. taped sometime in the summer or something....

RadioMaster
16 Feb 2010, 05:24
so, when are they gonna decide?

suzieq
16 Feb 2010, 05:57

The top 24 finalists are going to be revealed Tuesday and Wednesday (as in the next two days) after that they go to live shows where they have the themed weeks. I imagine they would have to have schedules cleared by the guest mentors rather quickly. AI not user friendly with information re: announcing mentors in advance. The public usually get the information the week prior as to who will be guest mentoring.

Guess we'll just have to keep our radars up for further information.

suzieq
16 Feb 2010, 06:03
If memory serves...didn't Meat & band perform on Ellen's show during promo for Bat3? If so, then it's likely she'll have him on as a guest again.

J. xo

I've searched and searched for a performance on Ellen, to no avail. (He was on Megan Mullaly). However, that doesn't mean Ellen won't have him as a guest. Ellen's twitter is @theellenshow and she does her own tweetin'.

Suzieq

carole
16 Feb 2010, 11:09
I've searched and searched for a performance on Ellen, to no avail. (He was on Megan Mullaly). However, that doesn't mean Ellen won't have him as a guest. Ellen's twitter is @theellenshow and she does her own tweetin'.

Suzieq

I hope he is on Ellen as that's one show we get over here. He's been on David Letterman a few times too, which we get, so hopefully he'll be on that as well.

Carole

mszee
18 Feb 2010, 02:44

It might be in the works already..who knows...

suzieq
25 Feb 2010, 19:12
Let me reintroduce my opinion of Meat on Idol. Yes, I absolutely think he is the perfect fit for this show as a mentor. And, the timing of it would be great with the album release.

I took many things into consideration, it is week 1, nerves, lack of experience, star struck etc. But I've been watching all the seasons and this was the worst week 1 I've ever seen. After watching this weeks live performance of all the contestants, it would be such a waste of Meat's time and knowlegdge right now. These contestants did show promising attributes prior to the live show (maybe it was a great edit job) but after week one, they all are sub-par. The judges kept harping on song choice and etc, but the contestants were all over the place and didn't sing well. Of course the judges picked up on the of lack of stage presence and feelings into a song. (Which we all know who comes to mind with greatness in that area.)

America is coming off the season of Adam Lambert with the winner being Kris Allen (I say with respect due to the votes did put him there). This season isn't shaping up to be a step above, but rather a few steps below. I won't bother knowing the names until after tonights vote, because I don't know who was the worst of the evils. I do hope the contestants take what all the judges had to say (even Ellen is more critical than I expected) and apply it directly to their wounds, turn it around, rediscover, and emerge the talent again.

Then get Meat on there for his stage contributions.

Crossing my fingers for an exciting AI,
Suzieq

CarylB
25 Feb 2010, 19:44
Our version has been going downhill too imo .. I look at Meat, who worked himself to the top the hard (and traditional) way, and wonder what he thinks of this new culture of "I wanna be famous and be thrust in at the top based on a few weeks of a competition"

One thing struck me an your earlier post was this:

I imagine they would have to have schedules cleared by the guest mentors rather quickly.

That might be the big difficulty for Meat with all he's doing to give the album the best possible chance .. plus everything that will be associated with getting a tour up and running ..

Caryl

meatrocks1
28 Feb 2010, 18:12
Suzie this season is utterly dreadful....Simon is so bloody bored and misses his pawler beside him...lol...i know I'm not the only person that feels this way and some of you won't admit it cause Meat is friends with Kara...but truthfully i can't stand her on that show...and i really wish they would get rid of her...she aims at the camera constantly looking for the spotlight...trying to act like Paula now..so obvious...I really wish they put Kara at the end of the table and put Ellen beside Simon and let them play off each other and bring some life back into the show...they made a big mistake when they let Paula go....my 2 cents work

suzieq
28 Feb 2010, 18:19
It is dreadful Meatrocks, and Simon is already emotionally checked out of his position. He's saying what he has to and there seems to be some confusion about who goes first, second, etc....with their comments. Very regimented and not creative.

Even if Ellen and Kara switch spots, he's like a cold fish right now anyway. So, I think Ellen has been great. Kara and Meat friends yes, but Kara is giving the technical advice, so with Simon being like a clam, she's the only one really to go to for the camera. Dawg, is short and to the point and Ellen has made her points too from the voters standpoint. It's just not flowing good, maybe this week will be better. Who knows? But the talent needs to step up IMO. My 2 cents worth. :)

Suzieq

meatrocks1
28 Feb 2010, 18:31
i like Dawgs comments alot like Simon straight to the point short but straight...Ellen i like her to but i think she is bored at the end of the table...while Kara tries to play off of simon....

Sarahdk23
28 Feb 2010, 22:04
Suzie, I think you are absolutely right about the talent in this season. I was bored to death when I watched the first live shows. Hopefully it will get better when they get down to top 12.

01 Mar 2010, 15:12
It is always shit when the 24 do their first songs, mostly cos they pick the wrong bloody song to sing !! I haven't been bored, its a process, the contestants take time to get it right.
I like seeing the singers improve massively through the show. I also like to see if i can guess who will make it.
I actually like Kara. i think Ellen is canny, except she keeps repeating herself ! Simon is always funny and to the point, my type of person.
I expect the singers to get a lot better, when they have been given some help with song choices and a bloody make over, Christ some of them desperately need it LOL..

Smithie
01 Mar 2010, 18:18
Suzie this season is utterly dreadful....Simon is so bloody bored and misses his pawler beside him...lol...i know I'm not the only person that feels this way and some of you won't admit it cause Meat is friends with Kara...but truthfully i can't stand her on that show...and i really wish they would get rid of her...she aims at the camera constantly looking for the spotlight...trying to act like Paula now..so obvious...I really wish they put Kara at the end of the table and put Ellen beside Simon and let them play off each other and bring some life back into the show...they made a big mistake when they let Paula go....my 2 cents work

Totally agree. Kara's so boring on the show. Do you think Paula will be joining Simon when he brings the X Factor to the US next year?

meatrocks1
01 Mar 2010, 21:22
smithie...Simon has already said Paula will joining him on x factor....thank freaking god....:lol: hope he brings randy to and leaves it that way