PDA

View Full Version : PIECE OF THE ACTION - THE BEST OF MEAT LOAF

Kev
23 Nov 2009, 13:23
53,237 sales since release this year - just thought I'd post a quick update!

nikox1
24 Nov 2009, 00:56
53,237 sales since release this year - just thought I'd post a quick update!

so almost silver:up:
thanks

daveake
24 Nov 2009, 01:10
so almost silver:up:
thanks

So just over 0.1% of Bat 1 sales ...

nikox1
24 Nov 2009, 02:56

and?:?

RSG
24 Nov 2009, 03:00

thanks dude. :idea: its a random statistic, but it is nice to know how our special little record is doing. haven't met a single meat fan who don't like it.

daveake
24 Nov 2009, 07:56

and it's therefore a tiny, irrelevant number.

Unless of course you're the kinda guy who gets all moist at the thought of yet another crap compilation album.

Dave

RadioMaster
24 Nov 2009, 08:18

take it this way: If you had that percentage of alcohol in your blood, you'd be drunk :hic:

Wario
24 Nov 2009, 09:57
take it this way: If you had that percentage of alcohol in your blood, you'd be drunk :hic:

holy mother of mercy :shock:

AndyK
24 Nov 2009, 10:45
That's not too bad a sales figure for a compilation that's had little or no promotion. Shame Meat's unlikely to see any of the royalties from it.

nikox1
24 Nov 2009, 12:55
and it's therefore a tiny, irrelevant number.

Unless of course you're the kinda guy who gets all moist at the thought of yet another crap compilation album.

Dave

no not at all, just it will be another sales award for meat
even if he has nothing to do with it? its almost 60,000 sales
some new albums came out this year and barely managed that?
plus it means theres people buying hes stuff, and i dont think its hardcore
fans as they would probably have all the songs 10 times over?
so some casual buyers maybe, and that is a good thing:up:
the only draw back is that meat gets nothing for it:(

florence75015
24 Nov 2009, 15:35
Sorry to ask a silly question, but how can Meat not get a penny from the sales of that CD?
That's a shame, he's the artist who's singing and whose name induce people to buy the album.

Florence

RSG
24 Nov 2009, 16:54
Its not silly question. Meat don't get a penny because Meat has been signed under a variety of labels over the years. Labels can make compilation albums using songs Meat has recorded under their label. The record labels like to think they own the songs. Therefore they do as they please. Anything to make a extra buck.

I've only bought 2 ML compilations album over the years. Hits Out Of Hell DVD and Very Best Of. And that went to my Very Best Of ex girlfriends ;)

mib
24 Nov 2009, 20:00
Hits Out Of Hell is being advertised on u.k tv at the moment.

AndyK
24 Nov 2009, 20:42
Hits Out Of Hell is being advertised on u.k tv at the moment.

Must be getting close to Christmas then :))

Still, all good publicity in the build up to the new album.

Monstro
24 Nov 2009, 22:17
The record labels like to think they own the songs. Therefore they do as they please. Anything to make a extra buck.

On a technicality they don't own the songs but depending on what deal the artist signed they may own the recordings, this is all down to who paid for the recording studio which is usually the label. It is unfair but it's only the label and songwriter that get any pennies from releases like this, does explain why Meat gets pissed off with them as well, as someone said earlier it's his name they're buying.

Pudding
24 Nov 2009, 23:01
Still, all good publicity in the build up to the new album.

Not really, not if the public think that Meat (even though it has sod all to do with him) is peddling the same old shit over and over and over. Saturation of a variation of the same product can have an adverese effect ;)

duke knooby
24 Nov 2009, 23:32
Saturation of a variation of the same product can have an adverese effect ;)

hasn't harmed mr steinmans philosphy

florence75015
25 Nov 2009, 00:18
Thanks RSG and Monstro for your explanations concerning labels and the way they can earn money on Meat's work without giving him anything back.

But even if there is a deal for the recording, that's nothing less than despoiling of somebody's talent to their sole interest. If I were Meat, I would be disgusted by such a process.

Florence

nikox1
25 Nov 2009, 00:22
Thanks RSG and Monstro for your explanations concerning labels and the way they can earn money on Meat's work without giving him anything back.

But even if there is a deal for the recording, that's nothing less than despoiling of somebody's talent to their sole interest. If I were Meat, I would be disgusted by such a process.

Florence

and im disgusted about henrys hand of God:( boo boo boo!!!!
back on topic then!!:D

florence75015
25 Nov 2009, 00:27
Sorry to be French, 80% of the people here are ashamed by the way we were qualified :oops:

nikox1
25 Nov 2009, 00:30
Sorry to be French, 80% of the people here are ashamed by the way we were qualified :oops:

i know!! just had to say something;)
no hard feelings:up:

Pudding
25 Nov 2009, 05:33
hasn't harmed mr steinmans philosphy

In what way?

nikox1
25 Nov 2009, 07:26
In what way?

maybe he means the way jim keeps re-releasing stuff? recycling the same song? etc etc,,

Pudding
25 Nov 2009, 10:02
maybe he means the way jim keeps re-releasing stuff? recycling the same song? etc etc,,

Like what exactly? You take the songs from a poorly sold Bad For Good album and an even less successful Pandora's Box one aside, what has Jim re-released?

AndyK
25 Nov 2009, 10:48
Not really, not if the public think that Meat (even though it has sod all to do with him) is peddling the same old shit over and over and over. Saturation of a variation of the same product can have an adverese effect ;)

True perhaps. But it's raised his profile in some peoples eyes. I've had discussions with a few people this last week which were prompted by the Hits Out Of Hell advert who didn't know Meat was still recording and were interested to find out that he was ... those conversations wouldn't have happened if there'd been no advert.

Pudding
25 Nov 2009, 20:50
I've had discussions with a few people this last week which were prompted by the Hits Out Of Hell advert who didn't know Meat was still recording

Quite funny as this past week a couple of people I chatted to didn't know Meat was still alive :shock:

I have no issue with the Hits Out Of Hell compilation as that was the first Meat Loaf one out there, although people now should really should invest in the Very Best Of... one instead. It's the plethora of other compilation albums out there that bug the cack out of me. Although they don't bug the cack out of me as much as the Bonnie Tyler ones, Jeeezus there's a zillion of them :roll:

AndyK
26 Nov 2009, 11:07
Is he? :lmao:

At least VBO was issued with Meat's blessing, whereas Hits Out Of Hell was the first of many compilations released by derivatives of Sony/CBS in an attempt to cash in on Meat.

daveake
26 Nov 2009, 11:17
Is he? :lmao:

Dunno ... we never hear from him these days, unlike that Jim guy who is always posting and tweeting ... :lmao:

The Flying Mouse
26 Nov 2009, 15:13
At least VBO was issued with Meat's blessing, whereas Hits Out Of Hell was the first of many compilations released by derivatives of Sony/CBS in an attempt to cash in on Meat.

:twisted: If I remember rightly (which is a rarer and rarer occurance :oops: ) Meat loved Hits Out Of Hell so much, he wanted to buy your copy didn't he Andy? :lol:

AndyK
26 Nov 2009, 15:31
Not quite, he bought mine for me to save me wasting my money on it...

The Flying Mouse
26 Nov 2009, 16:12
Not quite, he bought mine for me to save me wasting my money on it...

:twisted: And you replied to that by buying him a Kajagoogoo album :nope: :doh:

Wario
26 Nov 2009, 17:28
a Kajagoogoo

Is that a Jamaican condom or something?

daveake
26 Nov 2009, 17:30
Close enough

loaferman61
01 Dec 2009, 22:08
Quite funny as this past week a couple of people I chatted to didn't know Meat was still alive :shock:

I've got that from a few people too. They either think he died, retired, or has not recorded since Bat 2. Nobody I know casually has heard of CHSIBM or Bat 3 (which is probably a good thing). I think his appearance on "Monk" a few weeks back was the most publicity he's had in years, too bad he didn't have the new disc out when it aired.

Pudding
01 Dec 2009, 22:23
I thought he had more publicity when he was on House :shrug:

Kev
29 Mar 2010, 11:34
Released on 2nd March 2009 this album has spent every week in the top 200 chart which I think is pretty fantastic for a cheap best off.
It remains in the charts this week with sales of 1,725 taking it total to 93,486 since release.

nikox1
29 Mar 2010, 13:28
Released on 2nd March 2009 this album has spent every week in the top 200 chart which I think is pretty fantastic for a cheap best off.
It remains in the charts this week with sales of 1,725 taking it total to 93,486 since release.

it has done really well, its gonna be another gold disc for meat:D

youngJB
29 Mar 2010, 23:02
Maybe I'm alone in this category, but I really wished "Execution Day" and "Standing on the Outside" would be included in some compilation. Maybe even as a live version or a modern remix/edit to remove the 80s sound, but simply not including them in these collections is wrong in my opinion.

nikox1
12 Apr 2010, 01:25
it has a new peak chart position this week of 77 on the uk album chart, it has spent 13 wks in top 100!! its sold 100,000 copies since release:shock:
thats gold in the uk. its done really well for something with no promo!!

nikox1
19 Apr 2010, 02:45
its up from 77 to 74:D, 14wks in top 100

Kev
19 Apr 2010, 10:13
It really has been a fantastic album for Sony.
It's by far the best selling album from the Camden double issuse by a long way.

A Slice Of English
19 Apr 2010, 15:22
I didn't buy a copy. I'm not one for buying Best Of's unless they have some new tracks/remixes on them (Like VBO)

fourth amendment
01 Nov 2010, 18:23
Anybody know how many cds have been sold so far?

Evil One
01 Nov 2010, 23:19
That's a rather odd choice for a first post. :shrug:

Kev
03 Nov 2010, 12:47
Up to number 85 in the album charts with sales of 149,380! Amazing.
I'd love it to break into the top 40 one week!

Bat is 101 on the Album download chart with total download sales to date of 32,797 - bit pants really.

nikox1
03 Nov 2010, 12:52
Up to number 85 in the album charts with sales of 149,380! Amazing.
I'd love it to break into the top 40 one week!

Bat is 101 on the Album download chart with total download sales to date of 32,797 - bit pants really.

well i think its amazing its still selling Kev, 40+ million have it already.

Pudding
03 Nov 2010, 20:08
Sales to date...starting from when?

well i think its amazing its still selling Kev, 40+ million have it already.
40+ million copies might have been sold, doesn't mean 40+ million have it. A lot of people on here have several copies in several formats. Also not forgetting those who replaced their original vinyl for CD ;)

Wario
03 Nov 2010, 23:03
POTA is obviously selling so well cause masculine's on it :))

nikox1
05 Nov 2010, 01:25
Sales to date...starting from when?

40+ million copies might have been sold, doesn't mean 40+ million have it. A lot of people on here have several copies in several formats. Also not forgetting those who replaced their original vinyl for CD ;)

the same can be said for any old album, 55m dont have Thriller.

Pudding
05 Nov 2010, 04:48
the same can be said for any old album, 55m dont have Thriller.

That's true, but I'm not in a pissing contest, you were specifically talking about Bat Out Of Hell not Thriller.

Kev
05 Nov 2010, 13:45
I think it was 5 years ago that downloaded albums counted towards the charts wasn't it? That works out at about 126 downloads per week. Not too back thinking about it.

nikox1
05 Nov 2010, 17:54
That's true, but I'm not in a pissing contest, you were specifically talking about Bat Out Of Hell not Thriller.

ok, but its sold 43m, maybe 10m+ people have it 4 times? whats the point?

Pudding
06 Nov 2010, 00:21
ok, but its sold 43m, maybe 10m+ people have it 4 times? whats the point?

The point was to correct your original statement claiming 40+ million have it already. You've now changed your original statement, so all is good ;)

Paul191
02 Dec 2010, 02:57
Does anybody know if this album has been certified gold or not? I know it's sold more than 100,000 copies but, as far as I know, it's up to the record company to certify it. Maybe I'm wrong on that one :-/

Kev
02 Dec 2010, 10:38
I doubt they will, they'll just be happy that the money keeps rolling in :)
Its crazy how many this has sold.

Wario
02 Dec 2010, 23:11
as I said its selling this much beacuse of ....................

The Flying Mouse
03 Dec 2010, 16:05
as I said its selling this much beacuse of ....................

:twisted: Sorry, you lost the bet, you're not allowed to mention that song for a month :nope:

duke knooby
03 Dec 2010, 16:36
:twisted: Sorry, you lost the bet, you're not allowed to mention that song for a month :nope:

which song?

The Flying Mouse
03 Dec 2010, 16:41
:twisted: Masculine.

I wonder if his sig counts as mentioning the song? :bleh:

Anyway............

It's impressive how well this comilation has done.
Could this be the most successful compilation since Hits Out Of Hell? (not counting VBO :wink: )

duke knooby
03 Dec 2010, 16:44
:twisted: Masculine.

I wonder if his sig counts as mentioning the song? :bleh:

Anyway............

just add it too the banned words list

samurai7
03 Dec 2010, 17:02
just a thought:

this compilation contains ALL the tracks from Bat Out Of Hell, plus the majority of tracks from the other early albums. Hence it would look enticing to buyers.

Kev
17 Dec 2010, 11:54
3,620 copies sold this week which is more than all the other meaty loaf albums sales this week together :)

Sarge
17 Dec 2010, 12:23
It's kind of depressing that such a release can be that successful.

Wario
17 Dec 2010, 12:58
also depressing is ~~~~~~~~ isnt even on the compilation :(

Evil One
17 Dec 2010, 13:01
You are obsessed. :weirdo: