PDA

View Full Version : Bob Kulick talks about his touring days with Meat

AndyK
13 Nov 2009, 12:44
Here (http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/11/10/bob-kulick-meat-loaf-days/)

allrevvedup
13 Nov 2009, 15:55
Nice interview

Benny
13 Nov 2009, 18:56
Gd interview, Bob is such an awesome guitarist

Evil One
13 Nov 2009, 19:02
Am I the only one who gets the impression Bob was giving 'tactful' answers and not necessarily his true feelings?

Dave
13 Nov 2009, 19:27
Input here...remember, people who play music do it as a job. Not everyone who plays music for/with someone necessarily is a "fan" of what they are playing. Same goes for your job, you may not necessarily be a "fan" of what you are doing, but it pays the rent. There is no crime in that at all.

Evil One
13 Nov 2009, 19:46
Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Bob's solo during Two Out Of Three was amazing. :rambo:

RSG
14 Nov 2009, 05:01
Input here...remember, people who play music do it as a job. Not everyone who plays music for/with someone necessarily is a "fan" of what they are playing. Same goes for your job, you may not necessarily be a "fan" of what you are doing, but it pays the rent. There is no crime in that at all.

Very insightful. Good words.:idea:

AndyK
14 Nov 2009, 14:02
Am I the only one who gets the impression Bob was giving 'tactful' answers and not necessarily his true feelings?

You probably are yeah ;-)

I was lucky enough to speak to Bob on the phone a couple of years ago to conduct an interview for the RVM magazine, back when this was a paid up membership fanclub as well as the web site forum. Bob's discussions with me about the Bat tour were very similar to the interview above, there wasn't a hint that he was holding anything back. He clearly did enjoy both of the times he was in the NLE and was constantly enthusiastic about the music over the hour or so we talked.

RSG
14 Nov 2009, 14:16
To AndyK

Do we know why Bob was there in '78 and not there on any records or did live shows between '78 and 83. I remember a photo of him in the '84 Bad Attitude sleeve along with ML and Wells Kelly1.

Also I agree with Evil One, fantastic solo. Never would have worked on the LP, but live. Amazing.

1. will start a thread Kelly.

AndyK
14 Nov 2009, 14:18
If I remember rightly Bob joined Kiss at the end of the Bat tour, I think he mentioned it in the interview in RVM, but my copy of it isn't to hand at the moment. He then rejoined Meat for later tours in the 80's.

RSG
14 Nov 2009, 14:22
Good to know. I like to fill in the empty spaces1, haha :)

1. What reference is that from, anybody catch it? haha

madagascar
14 Nov 2009, 17:37
It wasn't Bob who joined KISS, it was his brother Bruce, but Bob did some uncredited studio work for KISS in the 80's.