PDA

View Full Version : Will he tour again?

KaneR
17 Sep 2009, 23:37
Does anybody know if there's ever going to be another UK Tour or has he retired now?

nikox1
17 Sep 2009, 23:39
Does anybody know if there's ever going to be another UK Tour or has he retired now?

he will tour the uk and most of the world next year [ i would imagine ]

carole
18 Sep 2009, 04:15
Yeah, he said a while back he will be touring in 2010 and to get our show shoes ready. I just hope he come to Australia this time, he hasn't been here since 2004 for the CHSIB tour.

Carole

RSG
18 Sep 2009, 04:22
NB, Canada please!

Alice Cooper did it and he sold only 2500 tickets!

Vickip
18 Sep 2009, 04:46
Meat said in an interview recently that he's planning on touring after the new CD is released. I hope everyone gets the chance to see him again :-)

RSG
18 Sep 2009, 07:52
Seeing him once would be a rock n roll dream come through!

AndrewG
18 Sep 2009, 08:25
I would imagine a summer 2010 tour throughout the UK and Germany is definitely on the cards.

florence75015
18 Sep 2009, 10:40
Could France also be considered? Lots of people are waiting for Meat here. He didn't come since 1995...

Florence

roomster
18 Sep 2009, 12:09
I really hope that Meat will visit Norway again, or at least some other place(s) in Scandinavia.

So if you read this Meat, I want you to know that we miss you, and we are extremely eager to see you again! :D

(<-- my avatar-picture shows Meat in Bergen, Norway, on the 8th of August 2008. My very first (and only so far) Meat Loaf concert. Meat, The Neverland Express and his crew made it to a wonderful and splendid night!...)

KaneR
18 Sep 2009, 18:12
Thanks guys, I definitely hope he does, I've never seen him live before! :D

glamourgirl
18 Sep 2009, 18:24
NB, Canada please!

Alice Cooper did it and he sold only 2500 tickets!

Yes, bring Meat back to Canada. (And bring Patti along for this tour and as the opening act too.)

Jayd
18 Sep 2009, 20:28
I think he will tour where demand for his music is ? We all know he sells out the UK, so that's a given, Germany and Ireland are other big sellers. Looking at the MSO DVD, Aussieland looks ok. Not sure about many other places though, but maybe a few other places could be given a shot like France, Norway etc. Don't know who actually makes the final decisions, I would say Meat does gets his say, but tours cost a lot of money, which means his music company have to fund, and they will only usually fund where there is money to be made. :D

meat_loaf
28 Sep 2009, 02:42
Yeah i really hope he comes back to glasgow if not i dont mind going to manchester or london. Does anyone know if there will be another recording signing?

RSG
28 Sep 2009, 06:03
too early to say!

For crying out loud
28 Sep 2009, 11:45
has to be birmingham!!! (england) we're waiting on a cancellation and a promise. ;)

rabblerouser
28 Sep 2009, 15:55
i'll go far and wide to see another meat concert as it is a dream come true everytime i see him and i'm on a promise of a m&g if still doing them
:-P:cool::lol:

Smithie
29 Sep 2009, 16:09
Many singers like Cher are now doing a Las Vegas show because they no longer want to tour. Do you think a Meat Loaf show would do well in Vegas?

*originaldancechick
29 Sep 2009, 16:25
Yes I think he would do very well in LV and I'd definitely go and see him there. Luv cx

AndrewG
29 Sep 2009, 17:30
It would suck big time if he would only play Las Vegas in my opinion. I wouldn't mind going to LV once in my life but I would much prefer something like how London Excel and the Nottingham shows were last year: A good venue, good weather (London, in Nottingham it rained but was indoors) and a shit load of UK Meat Loaf fans enjoying a great show and seeing Meat and the band enjoy themselves too.

In my opinion people who end up in Las Vegas... you hardly ever hear of again. That's not rock n roll.

Evil One
29 Sep 2009, 18:52
I agree with that. Just keep the shows indoors. No more shitty castles!

For crying out loud
30 Sep 2009, 12:34
nah, i loved the fact that the london excel show was outdoors! better than a hot sweaty indoor show. Also shows in the daylight mean the performer can see the audience and how much they're enjoying it, rather than being blinded by the stage lights and feeling detatched from the fans.

Evil One
30 Sep 2009, 13:32
But the shows can be ruined by weather too easily.

AndrewG
30 Sep 2009, 14:51
Indeed, it pissed down for almost every other show on the UK tour. Even in Norwich it was dry but it wasn't exactly lovely weather. 2007/2008 were crap summers here in the UK and I think (small) arenas are better and a safer bet, also people will moan less about the sound.

CarylB
30 Sep 2009, 23:27
Indeed, it pissed down for almost every other show on the UK tour. Even in Norwich it was dry but it wasn't exactly lovely weather. 2007/2008 were crap summers here in the UK and I think (small) arenas are better and a safer bet, also people will moan less about the sound.

Yes. Outdoor shows are great in places where the weather is reliably good .. but ours is pretty reliably poor .. and last tour we had some dreadful evenings. Bath was wet .. Norwich was cold .. and at York it was freezing with rain coming down like stair-rods!! It was so cold, even on stage under the lights Meat and the band were freezing. Plus as you say .. at outdoor concerts there's always endless moaning about the sound.

Caryl

lisa01
01 Oct 2009, 00:52
Can anyone tell me if meat loaf is comming back to Newcatle next year when he tours the uk i hope to god he comes back as he has got fans in the north east of england that love him to bits and it would be great to see meat loaf in Newcastle in 2010

AndrewG
01 Oct 2009, 01:04
Can anyone tell me if meat loaf is comming back to Newcatle next year when he tours the uk i hope to god he comes back as he has got fans in the north east of england that love him to bits and it would be great to see meat loaf in Newcastle in 2010

Think the chances of London, Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle and Glasgow shows are pretty sky high for 2010! :D

meatwka
06 Oct 2009, 17:30
Hopefully he will return to Glasgow! Scotland missed him this year!!!!