PDA

View Full Version : Took The Words: Live and let die

Wario
19 Aug 2009, 09:38
I dunno if anyone's overlooked this but from 1981 all the way to 1987 Meat stopped playing took the words live. Thats a freaking six year hiatus.....

Now i remember something where meat said he didn't like this song. Is this true? Or am I delusional agin

RadioMaster
19 Aug 2009, 09:53
and what the hell does that have to do with a Paul McCartney song???

seriously though, I think he mentioned that it's his least favourite of the BOOH songs, but it could also have been Jim who said it. Not sure. He doesnt have to like it to play it live though. It's a crowd pleaser, and that's more important than his personal taste I'd say.

bobbin
19 Aug 2009, 10:45
just to be argumentative...

If he doesn't enjoy performing a song, then he wont give as good a performance, then it ceases to be a crowd pleaser.

There might be no other reason than he simply didnt have time to fit in at that time because of wanting to use other songs instead.

Evil One
19 Aug 2009, 18:41
Or he has to do it because the audience expects it. Same thing with Anything For Love.

loaferman61
19 Aug 2009, 22:24
Or he has to do it because the audience expects it. Same thing with Anything For Love.

Plus there the "sing along" part for the audience.

Wario
20 Aug 2009, 02:13
Plus there the "sing along" part for the audience.

That part has only been around since '89 im afraid

RSG
20 Aug 2009, 04:38
For myself, if I were to perform to a audience, I would have to enjoy the songs I'm singing. Or I'd be just putting up walls figuratively speaking. Walls that seperate reality and creativity! What I like about the music I'm into, is it crumbles walls. Pink Floyd for example ;)

It's a confusing time in the world I sometimes ponder. Has it always been? Am I missing something :P

I don't have the 4 decades of experience and fans, but I sometimes think Mr. Loaf is a mad man, heh.

What I'm trying to say is, Meat Loaf is a mad man in a confusing world. He should sing songs that he wants to perform, the moment it self would likely be alot less of how it was on In Search Of Paradise. A documentary about a great man waiting for the perfect show. He really does surrender to his audience and that is heart felt.