PDA

View Full Version : Patti & SAS Band dvd

Smithie
18 Aug 2009, 20:45
Has the SAS dvd they filmed with Patti back in '07 ever been released?

AndyK
18 Aug 2009, 20:51
Not yet no, sadly.

There were clips of it shown before the SAS band show at the IndigO2 in January, and some "extras" were being filmed that night, but it's all gone quiet since then.

Cristina
18 Aug 2009, 23:12
Later this year it will be for sale, this is what they replied to me some days ago... fingers crossed

glamourgirl
26 Feb 2010, 20:35
Promotional video for the SAS Band dvd:

http://vimeo.com/9251178

glamourgirl
10 Nov 2010, 18:18
The SAS Band dvd featuring Patti is now available. (Click on "Motown 2 Memphis" under Latest News.)

http://www.sasband.com/

unbekannt
10 Nov 2010, 19:02
Thanks, glamourgirl, for letting us know! Great news! :D

Vickip
10 Nov 2010, 19:29

Excellent :))

The SAS Band dvd featuring Patti is now available. (Click on "Motown 2 Memphis" under Latest News.)

http://www.sasband.com/

Thanks for posting the link Glamourgirl :))

LucyK!
10 Nov 2010, 19:51
Finally!!! Brilliant few nights they were, will be great to re-live it!!

AndyK
10 Nov 2010, 19:57

Great clip of Patti! Doesn't fully convey the atmosphere on the night of the show but still a must buy DVD!

LucyK!
10 Nov 2010, 19:58
That woman is immense... :up:

allrevvedup
10 Nov 2010, 20:24
I've heard a lot of female singers mess that up...then there's Patti, as Ms Atkinson says she is immense.

glamourgirl
15 Nov 2010, 16:50
Excellent :))

Thanks for posting the link Glamourgirl :))

[QUOTE : Unbekannt : Thanks, glamourgirl, for letting us know! Great news! QUOTE]

You're welcome.
It sounds like it will be a great dvd.

Wario
15 Nov 2010, 18:33
awesome. are we gonna get a live recording of Bible and a Beer here?

what songs did she do?

LucyK!
15 Nov 2010, 18:41
Sadly she didn't do Bible and a Beer.

From memory she did Respect, Chain of Fools (I'm sure that's the title!), a fantastic version of Under Pressure which was a duet with Jeff Scott Soto (I actually prefer the Patti version to the original which is a mega statement!!), there were a couple of other Queen songs too...it's that long ago and the sets had that many songs that the three nights are blending into one!!!

unbekannt
15 Nov 2010, 18:41
Does anyone know when they send out the DVD? I've already ordered my copy, but I didn't catch the date… :lol:

Wario
15 Nov 2010, 18:46

From memory she did Respect, Chain of Fools (I'm sure that's the title!), a fantastic version of Under Pressure which was a duet with Jeff Scott Soto (I actually prefer the Patti version to the original which is a mega statement!!), there were a couple of other Queen songs too...it's that long ago and the sets had that many songs that the three nights are blending into one!!!

well i will not be the only one to say that Bible wouldve been a hit single or EP. that song has potential.

Sad its not gonna be featured here when it has the chance.

LucyK!
15 Nov 2010, 19:23
I agree, the response Bible got on the Casa De Carne tour was amazing. Obviously we all loved it but it got a brilliant response even from people who aren't necessarily big Meat fans and wouldn't know Patti as anything other than his backing singer, if that.

AndyK
15 Nov 2010, 19:24

There wasn't much in the way of Queen music the night the DVD was shot ... it was a motown and soul night!

LucyK!
15 Nov 2010, 19:26
Told you I was getting mixed up! The third night in Southampton had a lot of Queen though didn't it? She definitely did Under Pressure then!

So what's on the DVD then?! Respect, Chain of Fools...

unbekannt
15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Did she do „Natural Woman“?

LucyK!
15 Nov 2010, 19:37
Oh yes I think she did!

unbekannt
15 Nov 2010, 19:43
I hope she did! The YouTube video has poor quality, but it's still brilliant. Would love to have it on DVD.

glamourgirl
16 Nov 2010, 16:23
Told you I was getting mixed up! The third night in Southampton had a lot of Queen though didn't it? She definitely did Under Pressure then!

So what's on the DVD then?! Respect, Chain of Fools...

I saw videos on Youtube of Patti singing Respect, Natural Woman, Chain of Fools, and Dancing in the Street. There are also Youtube videos of Patti and Jeff singing We Will Rock You, Under Pressure, and We are the Champions, but I don't know if these songs will make the dvd. There are also amazing versions of Patti singing The Show Must Go On at the shows. I'm blown away by Patti's vocals on the songs.

LucyK!
16 Nov 2010, 16:56
Patti's done all of those songs with the SAS Band but as Andy said I've got my shows completely mixed up!!

Respect, Chain of Fools, Natural Woman and Dancing In The Street will be the ones featured on the DVD I'm sure, as the two nights that it was filmed over were a celebration of Motown.

The third night of the three, plus the show she did at the O2 a couple of years ago, were more Queen-based, which is when she did We Will Rock You, Under Pressure, We Are The Champions and The Show Must Go On (which was haunting!) :up:

glamourgirl
16 Nov 2010, 17:07
and The Show Must Go On (which was haunting!) :up:

Her performances of The Show Must Go On are some of my favorite performances. Her performance of this song with Queen gave me shivers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRM8v5VmysU&nofeather=True (There are some interesting fan comments on there too.)

unbekannt
16 Nov 2010, 17:17
Best version I've ever heard of this song!

Nici
17 Nov 2010, 09:19
That performce was unbelieveble. I live in Holland and we were Celebating Queensday. I was standing in the back of the audiance and I tought. She sounds like Patti, She looks like Patti it IS PATTI!!!!! WHAAAA it was a big trill and the girl can sing SHE IS AMAZING.

Smithie
22 Nov 2010, 20:24
Has anyone's dvd arrrived yet? If so, what is the setlist for the dvd?

unbekannt
22 Nov 2010, 22:10
I think they haven't sent it out yet. Not until 1st December when the first x-mas gig will be, where you can buy the DVD as well.

glamourgirl
22 Nov 2010, 22:44
I think they haven't sent it out yet. Not until 1st December when the first x-mas gig will be, where you can buy the DVD as well.

Good to know. Thanks for the update, Unbekannt.

unbekannt
22 Nov 2010, 23:03
I'm not sure about it, but I guess that's what they told me on the telephone. :lol: The connection was really bad (whyever), I didn't understand the exact date… but 1st December makes the most sense. ;)

Smithie
20 Dec 2010, 20:06
I'm not sure about it, but I guess that's what they told me on the telephone. :lol: The connection was really bad (whyever), I didn't understand the exact date… but 1st December makes the most sense. ;)

Has your dvd arrived yet?

unbekannt
20 Dec 2010, 22:34
No, I'm still waiting. Something went wrong with the payment so I had to „reorder“ it about two weeks ago. But it hasn't arrived yet, maybe because of the weather, I don't know… Anyone else here waiting for it?

flaxin
20 Dec 2010, 23:11
I got mine :) It's a fun dvd - great band + singers!

unbekannt
20 Dec 2010, 23:18
Which songs does Patti sing, flaxin? :-)

MeatGrl1
20 Dec 2010, 23:23

This does no justice of the night, it was absolutely electric and Patti was phenominal as always :heart: !!

flaxin
20 Dec 2010, 23:48
She does three solos.
Respect
(You Make Me Feel) Like a Natural Woman
Chain of Fools

And then they're all on stage for the last 5 shows.
I can't get next to you
I Want You Back
Get Ready
Reach Out, I'll be There
Santa Claus is Coming To Town..

She sings a lot in Get Ready

unbekannt
21 Dec 2010, 00:01
Thank you! :-) I hope I'll get mine before Christmas…

AndrewG
06 Jan 2011, 19:49
Pure Patti Awesomeness from heaven it seems.... :))

dbUVP1kC-DE

Sarge
07 Jan 2011, 04:35
Pure Patti Awesomeness from heaven it seems.... :))

One of the best versions of that great Carole King song (along with Aretha Franklin's). Where was that recorded, it sounds as if Patti speaks German at the end of the video.

unbekannt
07 Jan 2011, 11:30
Yes, she says „danke schön“, probably because of some (or at least one) German people in the audience. It was recorded at Bisley Pavilion, Surrey, UK.

Sarge
07 Jan 2011, 11:38
Thank you for the info, unbekannt.

Nici
07 Jan 2011, 13:46
What a performance, and what a amazing singer. I am waiting for a cd of PATTI!!!

ps:I heard the danke schon at the end and I also assumed that someone in the audience was german. Why would she say it other wise?

unbekannt
07 Jan 2011, 14:06
You can see her German webmaster during the end credits. She's asked why she's there – because of Patti, why else?! ;)

AndrewG
07 Jan 2011, 14:11
You can see her German webmaster during the end credits. She's asked why she's there – because of Patti, why else?! ;)

As in webmaster of and website do you mean patti-rocks.com ?

unbekannt
07 Jan 2011, 14:15
Yes! ;)

AndrewG
07 Jan 2011, 14:32
Yes! ;)

Used to know her a little. She deleted me from her Facebook I think. :oops:

Cristina
07 Jan 2011, 14:37
it was just about time for this DVD to se the light, amazing :up::up::up: thanks for posting

Nici
07 Jan 2011, 14:38
Well that explains a lot thanks unbekannt!!!!