PDA

View Full Version : The wat Bat is sung

Dick
18 May 2003, 17:25
As with most people we all have a favourite version of a song, i have heard 7 live versions of Bat and out of those 7 only 2 remain in my head. And it is for the same reason for both, the reason is the line "I can see myself tearing up the road". Nowdays Meat sings "Ooooohhhhh i can see..." Now these live versions 1 is from Meat in Dublin 2002 when he screamed the "I" like on the album and the other version is on the Rock N' Roll Hero cd. Now i love it when he screams this line cause it brings a sort of hellish presence to the song. Does anyone else think this?

dick

Bart
19 May 2003, 16:31
yes. that's why i like most the version on Bat instead of a live version. It is the only song where i like the album version more.
I think he won't scream on it, not because he can't do it, but that it is very hard to scream and to sing in a song live.

The Flying Mouse
20 May 2003, 10:47
Hi Dick.
The Live version of Bat on the Rock & Roll Hero compilation is taken from the Meat Loaf Live album recorded 1st & 2nd March 1987.
It's safe to say that it's my all time favourite Live version of Bat 8) .
If you haven't got this album,get it.It's still available to order in the shops and is a fantastic concert.

Meat Loaf Live Ref No. 258 599
Track list
1. Blind Before I Stop
2. Rock 'N' Roll Mercenaries
3. Took The Words
4. Midnight At The Lost And Found
5. Modern Girl
6. Paradise By The Dashboard Light
7. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
8. Bat Out Of Hell
9. Masculine
10.Rock 'N' Roll Medley
(a)Johnny B. Goode
(b)Slow Down
(c)Jailhouse Rock
(d)Blue Suede Shoes

Apart from the original album,the Bat tracks have never sounded better.

Michel
21 May 2003, 21:39
I lock this topic, because there's another topic about Bat.