PDA

View Full Version : Quick question - One More Kiss

lorenzoduke
28 May 2009, 22:01
Was 'One More Kiss (Night Of The Soft Parade)' ever performed live? If so, are recordings available?

Seems like it could have been a great song if not hampered by the poor production and the pointless/embarrassing 'Ready, ready to roll' section.

The Flying Mouse
28 May 2009, 22:41
:twisted: Brought over from General Messages.

I've certainly never heard of a live version on an official release.

Bootlegs, maybe.
Keep that discussion trade free though please folks :wink:

Evil One
29 May 2009, 00:06
There's a poor quality audience recording of it floating about somewhere, so it must have been sung at least once.

Wario
29 May 2009, 01:03
Yes, same goes for "Burning Down" and "Special Girl". "Getting away with murder" was performed on Nightline. "Rock & Roll Mercenaries", "BBIS", and "Masculine" are all on Live at Wembley and performed on other various occasions. "Execution Day" has appeared on the meltdown gig. The only BBIS song not performed live was "Standing on the Outside".

But sadly I haven't got an official or otherwise recording of BD, SG, or OMK but i do know of their existence

wolfy35
29 May 2009, 11:24
A friend did once send me a version that he had obtained via a fileshare program but the quality was so poor it was an insult to Meat, Better to wish there was a real one rather than regret having a bad one I think

Sarge
29 May 2009, 11:47
I'd like to hear a live version of that song. Although Meat Loaf has always claimed that he isn't a good songwriter, I think it's not that bad. Imagine what it could sound like without those annoying keyboards.

"Getting away with murder" was performed on Nightline.

The show was called "Nightlife", hosted by David Brenner. Meat Loaf was on the show twice and performed the BBIS tracks that were released as singles.

1st appearance:
Getting Away with Murder
Blind Before I Stop (intro only)
Rock 'n' Roll Mercenaries (with John Parr)

2nd appearance:
Blind Before I Stop (entire song)

lorenzoduke
30 May 2009, 18:12
Thanks for the info everyone, sounds like there's some interesting stuff lurking out there...possibly.

I'd still be up for a career-spanning live boxset someday. A man can dream.