PDA

View Full Version : Mods Request

Tim
10 May 2003, 19:19
Hello All,

After talking to some other mods.... we came to a conclusion. There is a lot of posting here... But multiple posts are often from the same person... It is a reaction / hint / clue or whatever you can call it on his or her last post.

We think this is a bit anoying and irritating. Most of those things can be said in one post!!! It is just that you must remember what you want to write...
But if you already post the topic, and found out that there is something that you want to say, there is allways and "edit" function on the board. Go to the last post that you put here, and in the right upper corner you will find the option "edit". click on this one and your post will be edited... you get the same screen, as when you write a post... but now you see your own text and you can make changes and add or remove stuff.

So... hopefully you will remember this.

Thank you!

The Butcher, Tim and Michel

R.
10 May 2003, 19:27
Editing does make sense as long as nobody has answered your post.
Just my 2 cents ... 8)

Michel
10 May 2003, 19:34
You're right R.. But what we mean is that somebody has a reaction on three persons and writes three posts.

heat
10 May 2003, 20:47
Hi ModGods :P

Can you just clarify what you mean for me? It might be a woman thing, but i'm not entirely sure what you mean :oops:

Heat
xxx

dottie
10 May 2003, 20:51
Do u mean we cann't congratulate fellow friends on total posts, etc or what. :!: Or say thank u to other users for info etc. :!:

R.
10 May 2003, 20:58
I shouldn't answer this one, but here goes:

Imagine you go and post your 2 cents on whatever topic, and after submitting you suddenly find a 3rd cent you want to add.
Tim asks you to edit your original post instead of posting a new one.

That's all. 8)

R.
10 May 2003, 21:04
Do u mean we cann't congratulate fellow friends on total posts, etc or what. :!: Or say thank u to other users for info etc. :!:

No.
FYI - this particular post should have been in my message which I posted before. Nothing more - nothing less. Got it now?

heat
10 May 2003, 21:04
Thanks, R. :)

Think i may be guilty of that one :oops: :oops: :oops:

Heat
xxx

Tim
10 May 2003, 21:10
Indeed R. That is what i meant.... and Michel also.... We talked about it, and with some other people of this forum.

Hope you will understand this.

The Butcher, Tim

Guppie
10 May 2003, 21:56
I understand. Will try to stick with the rules. Maybe if we all tried to, more people could still follow the topics, because it's just too much to read for me, can't keep up anymore and I get lost all the time. :?

Bren
11 May 2003, 11:27
There is a lot of posting here... But multiple posts are often from the same person... It is a reaction / hint / clue or whatever you can call it on his or her last post.

We think this is a bit anoying and irritating. Most of those things can be said in one post!!! It is just that you must remember what you want to write...
But if you already post the topic, and found out that there is something that you want to say, there is allways and "edit" function on the board. Go to the last post that you put here, and in the right upper corner you will find the option "edit". click on this one and your post will be edited... you get the same screen, as when you write a post... but now you see your own text and you can make changes and add or remove stuff.

So... hopefully you will remember this.

Thank you!

The Butcher, Tim and Michel

To Tim and R (see i'm being good now :wink: )
I have Read and understood your above posts, and admit to having done this on a couple of occasions, for which i apologise.
I just wanted to point this out. I am new to this, i am a lot older than the majority of you that post on this forum and am NOT of a generation that was brought up on computers!!! I have only been using one for a comparatively short time, i am no expert!
i was unaware that i could edit a post and did not know how to (this has now been remedied, i do now!).
when you are new to something, and unsure of what you are doing, it is only natural that you will make mistakes, i was not trying to be "annoying" or "irritating", it was done purely through ignorance.
i'm sure i'm not the only one in this position (i may be wrong)

...to err is human.

Tim
11 May 2003, 11:40
Bren,

I see what you mean. Offcourse we understand that. NO hard feelings... That's why we explained it in this post, so that some members are aware of it.
I've done it myself also, but it takes some time before you get used to the internet and the use of a forum.

We just tried to help some people. Besides that.... there are a lot of new members... it was also a reminder that if everyone does that... this forum will be full in no time.
But he, making an error is not bad, were only human, right?

The Butcher, Tim

Bren
11 May 2003, 11:45
Thanks for being understanding Tim. Its appreciated. :D

Keab42
11 May 2003, 11:49
... this forum will be full in no time.

Cant you delete old topics, that havent been touched in a year or more?

Tim
11 May 2003, 11:54
... this forum will be full in no time.

Cant you delete old topics, that havent been touched in a year or more?

That is a possibility, but.... some old posts can be usefull sometime again. I'm looking also for some old posts, and yes... some are never seen again, but you will never know. But we will talk about it.... Let you know.

The Butcher, Tim

dottie
11 May 2003, 14:21

No.
FYI - this particular post should have been in my message which I posted before. Nothing more - nothing less. Got it now?

Yes thanxs

R.
11 May 2003, 14:50
Yeah - I could delete old topics. It's not going to happen.
And I don't want any of my mods to delete topics without asking for permission first.

Tim
11 May 2003, 15:03
And I don't want any of my mods to delete topics without asking for permission first.

Not gonna happen R. And if we would do that, offcourse we would ask you!

Michel
11 May 2003, 15:16

Offcourse we won't delete old topics without your permission. We only delete/edit topic if it is against the rules.

Tim
07 Jun 2003, 15:44
CAN"T YOU PEOPLE READ???? EDIT A POST!

THE BUTCHER, TIM

Bren
07 Jun 2003, 23:07
CAN"T YOU PEOPLE READ???? EDIT A POST!

THE BUTCHER, TIM

8O Some of us have been editing our posts Tim! I've even edited posts on Postwhores!!!

Believe it or not some of us DO listen to what you say.

If i'm guilty of annoying you then i'm sorry.

Tim
08 Jun 2003, 00:03
Bren, don't think i said names.... just wasn't tactfull, but i had to say it. Sorry that i'm gonne to far!

The Butcher, TIm

Bren
08 Jun 2003, 12:01
Bren, don't think i said names.... just wasn't tactfull, but i had to say it. Sorry that i'm gonne to far!

The Butcher, TIm

That's ok Tim. :D

Michel
08 Jun 2003, 14:52
Tim was busy last week, so that's the reason why he reacted that way.

Sometimes he overeacts. :lol:

original sin
09 Jun 2003, 19:16

Maybe but we luv him just the way he is........have missed him stop being busy and hurry back!

heat
09 Jun 2003, 19:21

Maybe but we luv him just the way he is........have missed him stop being busy and hurry back!

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself..... :P :P :P

Bren
09 Jun 2003, 21:18
Couldn't agree more :D
Tim, i think what we are trying to say is...

http://www.hariknetwork.com/users/batart/grouphug.jpg

Group Hug... Big Hug... make everything alright? make everything better? yes?
you can have a big kiss as well if it would make any difference. :lol:
the simple truth is the forum is not the forum without you Tim.

please note i edited my post like a good girl. :lol: