PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Music Video!!!!!!

Wario
20 Nov 2008, 03:56
I finally got my VHS ripper ta post this here and on the tube.

It was broadcast on the Late Late Breakfast hour in 1983 (Dunno if it was very re-broadcast) on PBS.

I was surprised when i found this on one of my dad's old VHS REC tapes.

JsA8_6sUGNQ

Dick
20 Nov 2008, 04:14
thats mad

Jayd
20 Nov 2008, 10:57
That one is badly mimed its funny. That is a weird one to watch. :lol:

Wario
20 Nov 2008, 20:42
That one is badly mimed its funny. That is a weird one to watch. :lol:

No wonder it wasnt on hit outta hell

allrevvedup
20 Nov 2008, 20:50
where did the keyboards come from or am I hearing things?

It looked out of sync but either way wasn't Meat's most flattering look.

Wario
20 Nov 2008, 21:03
where did the keyboards come from or am I hearing things?

It looked out of sync but either way wasn't Meat's most flattering look.

Its the Remixed version i think. Sorta like the Video version of Razor's edge fades later.

RadioMaster
20 Nov 2008, 21:25
No wonder it wasnt on hit outta hell

you sure this is a proper promotional video?

Looks to me more like some playback performance for a tv show. Especially compared to the rather complex and expensive videos for Razor's Edge and If you really want to. And also the clapping at the end sounds more like a live studio audience than something that would be added to a music video. :?

thanks for posting though, very interesting find!

Wario
20 Nov 2008, 21:57
you sure this is a proper promotional video?

Looks to me more like some playback performance for a tv show. Especially compared to the rather complex and expensive videos for Razor's Edge and If you really want to. And also the clapping at the end sounds more like a live studio audience than something that would be added to a music video. :?

thanks for posting though, very interesting find!

Thanks, as the way its filmed I would say its a BOOH style music video but who knows.

RadioMaster
20 Nov 2008, 22:01
nah, looks to cheap to be a proper production (camerawork, set, etc)

MeatGrl1
21 Nov 2008, 03:27
I have this... I hate the fringe... Actually the whole mullet look is not good for Meat !!!

mszee
21 Nov 2008, 04:36
I thought this was more interesting find that has been posted here in a while...very interesting...who is the broad in this video? Sorry, ignorance rules here...

samurai7
21 Nov 2008, 16:06
I thought this was more interesting find that has been posted here in a while...very interesting...who is the broad in this video? Sorry, ignorance rules here...

is it not Kati Mac?

mszee
21 Nov 2008, 16:11
is it not Kati Mac?

That's what I thought but the image wasn't coming right on my computer it was all blurry and smudged...thanks!

AndyK
21 Nov 2008, 17:49
is it not Kati Mac?

Yep.

WhenItComes2LovingU
25 Nov 2008, 15:53
If I'm not wrong, the basic band in this video can be identified as:

Meat Loaf - Vocals
Bob Kulick - Guitars
Mark Doyle - Guitars
Steve Buslowe - Bass
Paul Jacobs - Piano
Wells Kelly - Drums
Kati Mac - Female Vocals
Eric Troyer (?) - Vocals

The Flying Mouse
25 Nov 2008, 20:13
:twisted: Is it just me, or does version sound remarkabley like the version on meat Loaf Live (Wembley 88 ) ? :idea: :bleh:

Evil One
25 Nov 2008, 21:11
It's just you.

Wario
26 Nov 2008, 01:38
:twisted: Is it just me, or does version sound remarkabley like the version on meat Loaf Live (Wembley 88 ) ? :idea: :bleh:

Well seeing as the Wembley 87 kicks the ass outta any version recorded to date (Dunno who agrees with me on that one)

I'd safely say it is just you ;)

Evil One
26 Nov 2008, 01:52
I actually agree with you on that one! BBIS tour had the best version of Midnight, although the intro was cut from the Meat Loaf Live CD.

Wario
26 Nov 2008, 17:36
I actually agree with you on that one! BBIS tour had the best version of Midnight, although the intro was cut from the Meat Loaf Live CD.

Oh yea of course, the Radio version of Wembley is better :D

Though the Knubworth show version is close second

AndyK
26 Nov 2008, 18:16
Though the Knubworth show version is close second

You really think the Knebowrth show is that good?

With a hostile crowd knee deep in mud, wearing bin liners to try and keep the rain off. I though Meat, wearing a cast on his leg which he'd broken in Australia, and the band gave a below par performance that day. With the majority of the crowd pelting the stage with bottles, we were lucky to get the minimum set out of Meat, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd left the stage sooner than he did.

Evil One
26 Nov 2008, 20:04
I agree with that too! Plus the broadcast was a bit 'tinny' and there is an irritating sod in the audience blowing a horn all the time!

Wario
26 Nov 2008, 21:33
You really think the Knebowrth show is that good?

With a hostile crowd knee deep in mud, wearing bin liners to try and keep the rain off. I though Meat, wearing a cast on his leg which he'd broken in Australia, and the band gave a below par performance that day. With the majority of the crowd pelting the stage with bottles, we were lucky to get the minimum set out of Meat, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd left the stage sooner than he did.

In gerneral, The concert was in fact below par and I agree not the best, BUT the Meat's MATLAF performance was extreamly great from what i heard. Since the concert wasn't filmed I (until now) didn't know meat's leg was broken.

I agree with that too! Plus the broadcast was a bit 'tinny' and there is an irritating sod in the audience blowing a horn all the time!

I found the horn quite appretiative. Not as annoying to me, though. It didn't blow during the songs, from what i hear just in between.