PDA

View Full Version : CIN And Meat Loaf!

meatloaf-unofficial
11 Nov 2008, 12:11
First off, can I say sorry if I have put this in the wrong place or even if I shouldn't have posted this but I came across it and thought that some of us on here might be willing to help.

Children In Need this year have items on ebay and up for grabs are 2 Pudsey Bears signed by Meat. Now I'm not sure if Meat is in on this, or if someone got them signed and never said what they are for, if you know what I mean but the money raised is going to a good cause as you would agree (I hope ;-))

http://media.mlxxfc.net/pudseyandmeat.jpg

Auction1: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meatloaf-Signed-Pudsey-Bear_W0QQitemZ230306535797QQihZ013QQcategoryZ117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Auction2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meatloaf-Signed-Pudsey-Bear_W0QQitemZ230306319630QQihZ013QQcategoryZ117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Even though Meat may not be performing this year, at least he's still part of it :lol:

MeatGrl1
11 Nov 2008, 12:17
:shock::shock::shock::shock: £31 and £40.99 for a cuddly toy with a signature on it :faint: charity or not that's ridiculas :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

meatloaf-unofficial
11 Nov 2008, 12:23
Yeah the price did get be tbh but they'lkl be folk out there as you can see who either like teddy bears, a collector of them, or wanting it becuase its signed or maybe wanting to do their bit....

I think it depends on the reason why you want it I guess.... If that makes sence at all :lol:

MeatGrl1
11 Nov 2008, 12:25
Arn't these the ones he posed with in the calendar though ?!
In which case Meat knew exactly what he was signing them for ;).

meatloaf-unofficial
11 Nov 2008, 12:26
ah right - sorry I neva got to see the calander... :oops:

AndrewG
11 Nov 2008, 14:46
You not selling Ross teddies this year?

daveake
11 Nov 2008, 14:58
You not selling Ross teddies this year?

You're suggesting he should get stuffed? :lol:

Dave :twisted:

meatloaf-unofficial
11 Nov 2008, 16:51
Come to mention it, I had thought about it.

100% of the sales though would go to CIN (ie: if £5 for a keyring or something like that, all of the £5 would go to the cause!)

Still have time, right? :lol:

meatloaf-unofficial
11 Nov 2008, 17:52
Well on the CHildren In Need note, I've come up with something but as I'm not allowed to post my sites url - classified as site spamming (I've learnt R ;-)) you know where to look if interested! :-)

LucyK!
11 Nov 2008, 19:21
:shock::shock::shock::shock: £31 and £40.99 for a cuddly toy with a signature on it :faint: charity or not that's ridiculas :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

No, it's for charity, the point of which is to raise as much money as possible. Charity Poundstretcher's tend not to do so well

djfierce
12 Nov 2008, 09:10

I've seen sillier things go for more :p but for charity people will always go that bit more as they know no one is making a profit, nothing is too mcuh a price if you can justify it to yourself

The Flying Mouse
12 Nov 2008, 17:58
:twisted: £110 + £77 at the moment 8)

I agree that the higher the price the better.
People have paid silly prices for things before, but it's all justified when it's in a good cause.

I once sold a box of Maltesers (approx value = £1.50) for £32 at a charity auction :mrgreen:

The Flying Mouse
21 Nov 2008, 23:39
:twisted: Auctions finished, with the bears selling at £255 and £185.

That's a grand total of £440 going to a very worthy cause.

Well done to all those who bidded 8)

Rather odd though, I think, that the winning bid of £255 is from a buyer with no previous feedback :bleh:

Wario
22 Nov 2008, 01:27
No way did someone walk up to meat and ask him to sighn a banana bear and NOT have Meat ask the person why.....

Hands down Meat was told what this was for..... :D

Unless the seller lied ..... :evil:

The Flying Mouse
22 Nov 2008, 02:05
:twisted: *cough cough*
The seller IS Children In Need :bleh:
I'm sure Meat knew what he was signing, and why.