PDA

View Full Version : from hell to paradise

funtasize
28 Oct 2008, 22:33
ha anyone know this live cd from the 1993 concert in hudson theatre, NY?

evil nickname
28 Oct 2008, 22:43
A better question would probably be who hasn't heard of it. It's a pretty well known Recording Of Indeterminable Origin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROIO), 'released' under a variety of names.

Hedi
28 Oct 2008, 22:44
Hi,
the concert at the Hudson Theatre isn't an official publication and appears in different titles, so one of them is "From hell to paradise". ;o)

Hedi
28 Oct 2008, 22:46
Ooops........, you are a little bit faster with typing, evil nickname! :o)

funtasize
28 Oct 2008, 22:49
Ok, I guess you're right but the sound quality and the interpretations are great, aren't they? Mine is from the publisher not guilty and I bought it in Lisbon about ten years ago.
I though I could earn some money with that but it seems not... I like it a lot and I already posted one track on emule. Is that seven songs ineterrupted from the beggining to the end of the concert?

Hedi
28 Oct 2008, 23:04
Yes, 7 songs, that's right.

Evil One
29 Oct 2008, 00:09
It's a recording from a radio broadcast of the Hudson Theater show. You Took The Words, Objects and Paradise were 'officially' released on the Live Around The World album. Anything For Love was released as a B side to a Bat 2 single. The other songs have not had a proper release which is a shame as there's a great version of Life Is A Lemon.

mszee
29 Oct 2008, 00:56
Am I right in understanding then that funtasize claims his version is official and he/she is trying to sell it? Or am I way off???

MeatGrl1
29 Oct 2008, 03:40
If that is the case Zina I think that boarders on bootleging which is illegal...

mszee
29 Oct 2008, 03:43
He says he has a legal version, I don't know, this is how I read it...could be completely wrong...

RadioMaster
29 Oct 2008, 08:37
Has there ever been any completely legal release of this? I dont think so.... it's more or less a bootleg.

evil nickname
29 Oct 2008, 08:56
I bet my copy of this recording that it is no official, sanctioned release. I got several bootlegs from 'record companies' with barcodes and all that. If I were to try making money from bootlegs, I'd make it look as official as possible too. Some people will buy anything without thinking much about it...

AndrewG
29 Oct 2008, 09:04
I always thought parts of this gig were actually on Live around the World. For example Paradise is exactly the same as are some others (minor edits). I believe this is not consistent with what it says on the LATW booklet.

Not sure but don't have time this morning to find out.

Evil One
29 Oct 2008, 10:37
The Live Around The World booklet is crap. Most of the songs are from Hudson Theater and Beacon Theater in New York.

allrevvedup
29 Oct 2008, 17:42
wasn't the second disc Bat II Deluxe edition that show? Well I think it is since I have it...always interesting to listen to All Revved Up and Hear Meat shout "second verse Pat":D

RadioMaster
29 Oct 2008, 17:53
The Live Around The World booklet is crap. Most of the songs are from Hudson Theater and Beacon Theater in New York.

Should have called it Live around New York City then :p

allrevvedup
29 Oct 2008, 18:08
Live around the Big Apple...or Big Apple Out of Hell: Down to the core

samurai7
29 Oct 2008, 18:22
wasn't the second disc Bat II Deluxe edition that show? Well I think it is since I have it...always interesting to listen to All Revved Up and Hear Meat shout "second verse Pat":D

even though it was Meat's mistake lol

Evil One
29 Oct 2008, 18:56
Most of the songs on the Bat 2 deluxe edition were from the Bat 2 singles. These were taken from the live rehearsals for the Bat 2 tour, not the Hudson Theater. They're all pretty similar though.

RadioMaster
29 Oct 2008, 18:58
Is that also where Good Girls on LATW is from?

Evil One
29 Oct 2008, 18:59
Took The Words, Heaven Can Wait, Paradise, Objects and Wasted Youth are all from Hudson Theater, New York '93
All Revved Up, Midnight, Dead Ringer, Lemon and the "kissing me!" at the end of YTTW are from Beacon Theater, New York '95
For Crying Out Loud was from the sound check at the above show
Rock And Roll Dreams was from the rehearsals of the Bat 2 tour in New York '93
Hot Patootie is from Florida '90
What You See Is What You Get is from Cleveland, Ohio
Out Of The Frying Pan is from somewhere in Virginia
Bat and Two Out Of Three are from Germany
Anything For Love is from Amsterdam
Good Girls was recorded during a sound check somewhere!

Only three songs not from the US!

Posted by me in a different thread.

tonyloaf
29 Oct 2008, 23:14
thats what i thought