PDA

View Full Version : Is there a block on copying Meat's CD's?

Canadian Cutie
30 Sep 2008, 11:08
Hello,

I am new here and I am really thrilled to have discovered this forum!
I am having a problem making a mixed CD with all my favourite songs because when I make my playlist and burn it,the CD is blank and I have used many different CD's and blank CDR's incase they were defective but no luck and this has so far happened on 3 different computers.
I would love to have the convenience of a mixed CD because I don't want to take many CD's with me to say the hospital (where I am a regular guest..lol) for instance because I have already had CD's stolen during a hospital stay and had to replace them and also it is inconvenient to have to keep changing CD's just to hear certain songs so if anyone can answer this and offer any advice,I would most appreciate it.

Thanks so much and I :pray: there is a way to make a mixed CD!! :-)

AndrewG
30 Sep 2008, 11:16
Welcome to the forum.

I don't think there is any block on most of the cds. However I could be wrong about CHSIB and Bat 3. What they sometimes do on new cds is put on custom players which prevent the cd from actually being able to played through media player easily (usually ways around it). Not tried those two discs so can't say for certain.

Does this happen with all cds or just your Meat Loaf ones? If all, you are probably doing something wrong when burning the cd I would guess.

Canadian Cutie
30 Sep 2008, 11:22
Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I tried the 2 CD Very Best Of and others but to no avail.
I have made Playlists and burned my favourites before with no problems so I think I am doing it correctly.

~Helen~
30 Sep 2008, 11:31
What about an MP3 player rather than a CD player? Obviously you have to be careful this isn't stolen, but I presume you have to do the same with the CD player anyway. And you can still listen to the MP3 player in the car (you can get something that plays your MP3 player via the radio). I presume from your profile you're in Canada...but in England you can get MP3 players fairly cheaply (I got one that holds about 40 tracks for £10 [about $20] which is handy if I'm running or cycling somewhere I don't want to take my ipod [believe me, it happens!])

What happens if you copy the cds directly? I've never tried to burn any Meat tracks onto CD - I've just copied them from my CDs onto my laptop and transfer them to MP3 player / ipod from there, so I can't really offer any further help - especially if as you say, you have tried different sorts of CD

allrevvedup
30 Sep 2008, 12:01
also just make sure that you are not making a data cd, which will not play on cd players but will on your PC...can be sometimes a simple mistake like that

wolfy35
30 Sep 2008, 12:34
First thing you need to do is check your rip settings. Default on media player is to add copyright protection, this would mean that you would be unable to write any music back to another CD.

As a matter of course I copy all my CD'd and then play only the copies saving the originals from any possible damage so it is possible as long as your rip settings are set not to add copyright protection.

Just remember though that you are legally allowed to rip from and write discs for your own personal use but you must not do it for anyone else