PDA

View Full Version : JIM QUOTE FROM TODAY

Michael Marxen
08 Sep 2008, 23:07
"Connected to the show, the 30th anniversary of BOOH: THE CLIMAX or THE FINAL AT BAT will definitely work, involving new versions of classic BOOH 1&2 songs, and ALL the brand newest songs, sung by many amazing artists and accompanied by an innovative eye opening TV show and a full graphic novel, among other things.(NO REASON Meat couldnt sing these too)."

This is the Meat-related piece of Jims ("Wagners") posts on Rockman today. He is of course referring to his Bat musical.
Whatever the rules are, mods, don`t you dare to delete Jims words to his fanbase including those "Anti-Loafers" ...

duke knooby
08 Sep 2008, 23:16
FANTASTIC!!!!

AndrewG
08 Sep 2008, 23:23
Interesting things old Jim wrote. My thoughts though...

Don't want to put a downer on things but wasn't the 30th anniversary of "Bat out of Hell" last year though? If anyone really gave a rats ass about that, they should have had plans in the pipe line years in advance. :?

Also why would Jim all of a sudden start blogging and posting exactly at a time when Rockman people seem to almost have given up hope of ever hearing new Steinman music. I'm not saying Wagner isn't Jim, but it seems a rather big coincidence right now for me to be 100% sure. Sorry...
(born skeptic).

But yeah I'd LOVE to hear Meat do 1 or a few more Steinman songs, especially Body/Graveyard Shift/ other Batman musical stuff. It's brilliant music, but to have been left on the shelves for 5-10 years really makes me wonder if we will ever hear it again.... Sorry once again...

The Flying Mouse
08 Sep 2008, 23:26
:twisted: So he's getting Westlife to cover For Crying Out Loud on a tribute CD, and he's having a documentry made of it and bringing out Bat Out Of Hell - the comic?

Sounds....................interesting :roll:

I thought the "musical" was supposed to be, you know, a musical, in a theater and stuff :yep:

The Flying Mouse
08 Sep 2008, 23:28
:twisted: I doubt Meat will be involved as well.

Haven't were they not dragging each other court again not so long ago?

Pudding
09 Sep 2008, 00:20
Don't want to put a downer on things but wasn't the 30th anniversary of "Bat out of Hell" last year though? If anyone really gave a rats ass about that, they should have had plans in the pipe line years in advance. :?

The timing is all screwed up, makes no sense.

Also why would Jim all of a sudden start blogging and posting exactly at a time when Rockman people seem to almost have given up hope of ever hearing new Steinman music. I'm not saying Wagner isn't Jim, but it seems a rather big coincidence right now for me to be 100% sure. Sorry...
(born skeptic).

I'm a sceptic too and it wouldn't surprise me if someone is trying to yank our chains by pretending to be him, which wouldn;t be the first time its happened.

Pud :twisted:

AndrewG
09 Sep 2008, 01:34
I do appreciate Pud for asking so honestly. If anything we got a good joke out of it by Jim:

Pudding, I feel no need to prove my REALITY to you! I cant even prove it to myself!

Pudding
09 Sep 2008, 01:39
It's all too f*cking weird...:wtf:

~Helen~
09 Sep 2008, 13:57
Well I'm certainly confused! And I read it in its original place too (before here, in fact). Which frankly served to confuse me further!

meatloaf-unofficial
09 Sep 2008, 17:01
:-?

allrevvedup
09 Sep 2008, 17:19
Considering how long Jim Steinman has taken to make albums, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything coming out soon...there may be more chance of Axl Rose releasing Chinese Democracy.

With that said, who knows if Wagner is really Steinman, if it's all BS or if it's just someone very bored trying to do something funny.

I seem to remember someone posting on Rockman that they were Desmond Child, around the time of Bat III, and for Steinman to say that he really believed for a little while that it was him...

WhenItComes2LovingU
09 Sep 2008, 20:10
No, Jim didn't actually believe it was Desmond. If you read Jim's blog, Jim said that he knew Desmond was a better person than what was reflected in those posts and that he thought it was reprehensible for any of his fans to pretend to be someone they were not. And when Ryan was identified as the impersonator, Jim said that he had no idea the impersonator was Ryan, not that he had no idea it was an impersonator.

WhenItComes2LovingU
09 Sep 2008, 20:11
:twisted: So he's getting Westlife to cover For Crying Out Loud on a tribute CD, and he's having a documentry made of it and bringing out Bat Out Of Hell - the comic?

Sounds....................interesting :roll:

I thought the "musical" was supposed to be, you know, a musical, in a theater and stuff :yep:

It's called cross promotion, it's a number of things that he's had in the works, and with luck all of them are supposed to come out at the same time, each promoting the other. Granted, Jim doesn't have a great track record, so whether this stuff will actually come out is anyone's guess, but still...

Pudding
10 Sep 2008, 00:31
With that said, who knows if Wagner is really Steinman, if it's all BS or if it's just someone very bored trying to do something funny.

I seem to remember someone posting on Rockman that they were Desmond Child, around the time of Bat III, and for Steinman to say that he really believed for a little while that it was him...

That would be Ryan (Rockfenris) who magically appeared on the board for the first time in ages as this Wagner did :shrug:

WhenItComes2LovingU
10 Sep 2008, 00:47
Funny. Rumor has it that The_Jackster is back too under a new name, something to do with "word". Oh my, have I said too much? :S

Pudding
10 Sep 2008, 03:56
So long as that crazy bitch Susan doesn't turn up I don't care. Nuttier than squirrel shit that woman :shit:

RadioMaster
11 Sep 2008, 12:16
Funny. Rumor has it that The_Jackster is back too under a new name, something to do with "word". Oh my, have I said too much? :S

youre not suffering from schitzophrenia are you? :nuts:

WhenItComes2LovingU
11 Sep 2008, 15:11
Schitzophrenia? No, sorry, my friend, I ain't blocked in quite that way. If you mean schizophrenia, then also no. I was just taking on the tone of some poor ~~~~~~ who gossips about themselves in third person like a knob.

The Flying Mouse
12 Sep 2008, 18:33
It's called cross promotion, it's a number of things that he's had in the works, and with luck all of them are supposed to come out at the same time, each promoting the other. Granted, Jim doesn't have a great track record, so whether this stuff will actually come out is anyone's guess, but still...

:twisted: You'd seriously call a cover of For Crying Out Loud by Westlife "cross promotion"? :wtf: .

More like "cross fans" :bicker:

If this is legit, then there is far too much stuff going on at once, a musical, a cd, a comic, a documentary.........

If Jimmy fulled all his energies into the MUSICAL, then it might appear someday, but I can't see much progress ever happening without a little ass in gearing.

djfierce
14 Sep 2008, 11:53
sorry, cant get excited about this at all right now, not till something concrete appears, as is usual this will probably get discussed to its death and nothing will come of it anyway :roll:

just my thoughts for what theyre worth

RadioMaster
14 Sep 2008, 12:32
its never a good idea to get excited about steinman news. It's more a case of wait and see....

ps: I'm still waiting for BOOH TNG :weee:

duke knooby
14 Sep 2008, 14:39
ps: I'm still waiting for BOOH TNG :weee:

i'm still waiting booh thr... never mind :raspberry:

allrevvedup
14 Sep 2008, 15:11
I'm still waiting for Bat Out Of Hell goes country where Shania Twain and the likes were going to record Steinman songs...

RadioMaster
14 Sep 2008, 15:27
i'm still waiting booh thr... never mind :raspberry:

tut tut....I would have been told off for such a comment

duke knooby
14 Sep 2008, 15:57
I'm still waiting for Bat Out Of Hell goes country where Shania Twain and the likes were going to record Steinman songs...

oh yeah, bat outta nashville.. when's it out??

djfierce
14 Sep 2008, 18:32
lmao well there is a country version of 2 outta 3 so anythings possible i guess, i rather suspect the bigger hurdle would be to find big enough country names to do it ;)

Pudding
15 Sep 2008, 10:45
lmao well there is a country version of 2 outta 3

Actually there's two Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Julian Austin

djfierce
15 Sep 2008, 11:11
fair enough ;) i only have the julian austin one, its actually not THAT bad imo, if i didnt have meat to compare it to i'd say it was pretty good :p