PDA

View Full Version : CHSIB - Review today's paper

Roddyboy
03 May 2003, 00:45
Today (Friday May 2, 2003) there was a review of the album in my local-paper Dala-Demokraten.
Since you here can't swedish I will translate it direct to english what the review said.

"If you like rock it is hard to pass by Meat Loaf - in two ways a big star.
He sounded bombastic, to pretentious and conceited, already when he became a megastar in the end of the 1970's after the bigseller "Bat out of hell".
"Couldn't have said it better" is his eight album in 25 year and has taken four year to complete. Partly because he has done a moviecareer. He has co-operated with a row of well known hitmakers and with the producer Peter Mokram (Backstreet Boys, Michael Jackson, N'Sync) and wanted to re-create how he sounded when he was as biggest.
The titlesong is okey and is already a hit. Unfortunetaly gives that the tune because the rest reminds about the old past the meatloaf turns into icecold to put on bread.
And after the interpretation of Dylans "Forever Young" has Meat Loaf the bad but after all good taste, to hide the favourite song of coverbands "Mercury".

HANS BLOOM

I can say that he gave the album a 2 of 5 but I don't agree with him! Me myself gives the album a 5 of 5.

MeatBall
03 May 2003, 05:10
Jag förstår svenska :lol:

Revewers has always given Meat low grades. But what really counts is what the fans think about it...and from what I have read the fans really like the album.

jcmoorehead
03 May 2003, 11:56
In my opinion that review is unfair and unjust. For a start he only mentions 2/3 songs. He has failed to mention any of the others. Also he has failed to give us good and bad points to the album itself

My Review Of His Review 2/5

Roddyboy
03 May 2003, 13:55
Jag förstår svenska :lol:

Revewers has always given Meat low grades. But what really counts is what the fans think about it...and from what I have read the fans really like the album.

Jo du MeatBall vet du kan svenska *ler* Härligt att höra nåt från dig! :-)

Yes you are so right it is what the fans think about the album it is always that. Reviewers is often to critize big artists heavily - I personally think it is jealousy.... The fans are the best to review an artists album since they know the artist and also has heard many other songs and the other albums of the artist.

Then if I shall critize something about the album I don't like the song "Do It" but that is my personal opinion. I have heard people who like that song. Everyone has different taste that is how it is. So what a reviewer says that is not the truth......

Roddyboy
03 May 2003, 14:16
In my opinion that review is unfair and unjust. For a start he only mentions 2/3 songs. He has failed to mention any of the others. Also he has failed to give us good and bad points to the album itself

My Review Of His Review 2/5

I totally agree with you it was a bad review of the reasons you gave. And I don't understand why he said that he wanted to re-create how he sounded in the 70's... I mean Meat has always sounded like this and his songs has been in this way. It IS Meat and that's why we LOVE him!
Then it was a bit funny that he mentioned "Mercury" it is a hidden song strangely he found that one when he didn't like the album - I mean after Forever Young he should have turned the cd off since that was the last song... know what I mean?

tbuck
04 May 2003, 03:55
Thanks for posting and translating the review Roddy.

It's interesting to see these reviews, even if they are crap! I just read one from the media that was posted on another list, the reviewer went on and on about Jim, barely mentioned the album except to say it wasn't Steinman. Well.....DUH.

If reviewers would just sit and listen without any preconcieved notions, they might find it is actually a very enjoyable album. Methinks their prejudices are showing and they aren't really evaluating the music. JMHO

T

MBrevard
04 May 2003, 05:24
All right, Terry!! Go get 'em!! 8)

Couldn't agree with you more! I was disgusted by that other article you were talking about!!! Too obviously prejudiced, if you ask me!!

There is more to Meat Loaf than Jim Steinman and more to these songs on CHSIB than any of the strictly Steinman people will ever open their hearts to see or hear!! I'm sorry to say that, but that's what I've been seeing 'round the net...

Love to you and Jules!!
MB
xxx

tbuck
05 May 2003, 05:53
Well, as I said MB, that's JMHO.

Most of the comments I read elsewhere about that review were sooo off-base. I actually read it again and counted, Jim was mentioned by name 16 times in the text and Meat was mentioned 15 times! Now that's a fair and balanced review of CHSIB, a Meat album that has nothing to do w/ Steinman! :roll:

Who is this Jules character you mentioned? LOL

And back at ya babe,
T

MeatBall
05 May 2003, 09:31
Jo du MeatBall vet du kan svenska *ler* Härligt att höra nåt från dig! :-)

Jo det är bara bra. Är ganska upptagen så jag har inte hart tid att svara på ditt PM. Men vi pratar ju lite på MSN.

Ha det bra.

heat
05 May 2003, 09:43
I had one too...but the wheel fell off......

Heat
xxx

CarylB
05 May 2003, 14:26
Funny Heat .. ours went mad and had to be put down .. :))))

Roddyboy
05 May 2003, 15:05
Skönt att höra allt är bra med dig MeatBall :) Du får väl svara på mitt pm när du får lite tid över eller så struntar vi i det och fortsätter som vanligt och pratar på msn när vi båda är online där. Tur vi har det ett enkelt och bra sätt att träffas på :D

Ha det bra så hörs vi där!

The Flying Mouse
05 May 2003, 15:33
Skönt att höra allt är bra med dig MeatBall :) Du får väl svara på mitt pm när du får lite tid över eller så struntar vi i det och fortsätter som vanligt och pratar på msn när vi båda är online där. Tur vi har det ett enkelt och bra sätt att träffas på :D

:twisted: Illud latine dici non potest. :mrgreen:

CarylB
05 May 2003, 15:43
Nihil carborundum illigitimis :))

Roddyboy
05 May 2003, 16:48

:twisted: Illud latine dici non potest. :mrgreen:

What do you mean?

The Flying Mouse
05 May 2003, 16:54
Illud latine dici non potest=you can't say that in latin. :mrgreen:

Roddyboy
05 May 2003, 16:58
Oh, now I understand 8) You think Swedish is like latin you can't understand what MeatBall and I wrote to eachother... Sorry we got a bit carried away but it wasn't anything important but we shall try and write in english in the future in the forums and in Swedish in private pm's and on msn when we talk there :)

The Flying Mouse
05 May 2003, 17:07
Thanks Roddyboy.
8)