PDA

View Full Version : Meat on Dutch TV

Tim
01 May 2003, 00:46
Well, Meat Loaf was on the Dutch TV..... great show.... to bad that he playbacked Paradise!!! Man, but wat a show!!!! One crazy dude!

The show was really powerfull, great and full of great acting by Patti and Meat....

GOOOO MEAT!!

AnneV
01 May 2003, 00:51
Way to go Meat! Great promo, showing off Patti's ass plastered with the new single!!! Live on the dutch lotto show! Was Great!

Greetz, AnneV

Guppie
01 May 2003, 00:55
ROTFLOL... I'm still laughing over here... during paradise, he lifts up Patti, over his shoulder, lifts up her dress and there it is.... the CHSIB cover right there... on her BUTT.
he he... can I say butt on this forum.
If not, I mean her behind. :lol:

icecube
01 May 2003, 00:56
He Meat,

Way to go!!The dutch lotto show was a great performance,just couldn't tell if it was Karla ,Ellen or Patti singing :lol:

hopefully see ya soon on tour

greetz Icecube :twisted:

p.s. my ass is big enough for the entire elpee to be plastered on it,need any help for promo activities?? :mrgreen:

Jen
01 May 2003, 00:56
Damn wish I coulda seen that :lol:

Tim
01 May 2003, 00:58
Got it taped!!! :lol:

mariella
01 May 2003, 00:59
People are going to be talking about this for a while! What a brilliant idea, great promotion, and so funny. I always expect the unexpected with Meat, but this... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought it was also very amusing to see Meat playback to Paradise, haden't seen that in a long time. I gues that's what the producers wanted.
Does it really matter? I enjoyed it very much and a lot of people got to hear CHSIB. It was at the end of the show when they announced the big prize, cameraman was okay by me, so what more can you ask for?
Well, I can think of a few things, no, not going to go there.
Anyway, great tv!!!!

I Testify!

Mariella

evil nickname
01 May 2003, 01:01
Damn Tim, you're even faster than me :-) ... now we have two similar threads!

Well, you can't win 'em all....

William

Tim
01 May 2003, 01:03
Don't bother William, another mod will close one topic or another... And yeah... me are fast :lol:

evil nickname
01 May 2003, 01:08
In that case I'm betting on mine getting closed... no hard feelings...

*goes off feeling sorry for myself* ;-p

Guppie
01 May 2003, 01:14
In that case I'm betting on mine getting closed... no hard feelings...

*goes off feeling sorry for myself* ;-p
The mods can split and merge your comment from the other topic into the other one.
I think. On a Yabb SE board mods can do that. This is a PhpBB so I think they have the same options

mariella
01 May 2003, 01:40
One more thing, forgot to mention Meat looked 'his usual' great self. He seemed to have a ball too with Paradise.
Must have been very busy, didn't look like he shaved or the beard grows fast, anyway, very nice for my eyes!
This long coat looks fantastic (I know I keep repeating myself!) but that's just the way I look at it.

If anyone wants to check out the site it's at www.staatsloterij.nl go to TV, then video's. Right now you can only watch the previous show, maybe later this one. I really hope you can all watch this!!!!!

Mariella

bokibe
01 May 2003, 02:14
It was indeed awesome, pity that the complete band wasn't there also. Who was the guitarguy anyway, I didn't recognise him from the very short moment he was on the screen.
I felt ashamed that the showhost (Marc Klein Essink) spoke about Meat Loaf and a "great (female) singer". The dude didn't even bother who Patti is.
The audience looked great also, fortunattely they didn't do the polonaise as they did by Frans Bauer :wink:

Hope that Patti can sit right up at this moment after ripping off that promocover of CHSIB, it was a great idea. Hope this will rise the selling of the single AND the album.

Guppie
01 May 2003, 02:36
The audience was rather lame imho.

bokibe
01 May 2003, 02:58
Can't compare them with the public on a concert offcourse. I think for an audience who are simply there to watch Andre Riool and Fransie Bauer there wher enthousiastic. But what's in a meaning....

Gina
01 May 2003, 04:20
LOL Hope she at least had underwear on! Sounds like it was a great show!

Michel
01 May 2003, 11:10
The performance was great. But I didn't know why they playbacked. You can't playback a 25 year old song, that doesn't sound.

Meat why did you playbacked?

But like I said the performance was great. Patti also.

Fire Ball
01 May 2003, 12:20
Because we didn't have a track of paradise and it cost way to much money to keep the band here for a week. That is unless you want to pay them.:lol: and the Record Co won't . And the TV let us do the full album version of paradise which is unheard of. and it's not about the singing always on tv, it's about the great TV and we gave them great TV. Get over the Lipsic. WE play live when we can , this TV couldn't have had a full live band. just try and enjoy it :lol:

Meat

Louise
01 May 2003, 12:27
[That is unless you want to pay them.:lol:

Sure, I'll pay - I'll just go and ask my daddy for his cheque book! :lol:
Louise

Bart
01 May 2003, 12:29
Well, i just said the above on the dutch forum. So finally i am right about something. :D

Niné
01 May 2003, 12:32
Meat it was just a great preformance. Loved it. Even hubby went upstairs to watch the soccer :P But he came down as I turned the music louder than loud :)

Michel
01 May 2003, 15:18
Because we didn't have a track of paradise and it cost way to much money to keep the band here for a week. That is unless you want to pay them.:lol: and the Record Co won't . And the TV let us do the full album version of paradise which is unheard of. and it's not about the singing always on tv, it's about the great TV and we gave them great TV. Get over the Lipsic. WE play live when we can , this TV couldn't have had a full live band. just try and enjoy it :lol:

Meat

What does it cost to book you for my birthday? :lol:

But it sounded funny, your old voice, and new performance.
But like I said the performance was great.

sherrie87
01 May 2003, 15:53
Sorry, there is no Dutch in my vocabulary- can anyone tell me what phrase I might click on at the lottery website to view the show?

Sherrie (who speaks English, Spanish and a wee bit of Czech.....but none does any good right now!)

Niné
01 May 2003, 16:20
http://www.staatsloterij.nl/tv_tvshows.shtml

Hi here you can find it. But you have to be a little patience because the yesterday show is not on yet.

Regards Niné

Guppie
01 May 2003, 17:16
Well, i just said the above on the dutch forum. So finally i am right about something. :D
me too... I was right too... I said the same thing you did. 8) :D

Vickip
02 May 2003, 02:25
And the TV let us do the full album version of paradise which is unheard of. and it's not about the singing always on tv, it's about the great TV and we gave them great TV. Get over the Lipsic. WE play live when we can , this TV couldn't have had a full live band. just try and enjoy it :lol:

Meat

I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself :))
And I can't wait to see it !!
Vicki

sherrie87
05 May 2003, 04:13
Am I correct that the show from the 25th of February is still all that is showing on the website? I went there, but I'm sort of guessing about what the buttons actually say since I speak no Dutch. How long does it normally take for the shows to be updated, and how often is the show televised? (Well I'm full of questions tonight, aren't I?)

Sherrie ( dazed and confused as the work week starts again tomorrow AM) :roll:

Niné
05 May 2003, 10:36
Yes that is true. The show from 30th of April is still not on. Checked it for you.

mariella
13 May 2003, 22:41
For those of you who haven't seen this yet. It is there now!
Go to 'video's show'.
It's 'koninginnedag 2003' and you will love it, I am sure!! :lol:

Great day to you,

Mariella

The link is on this topic, Nine posted it.

Enjoy :bunny:

Niné
13 May 2003, 23:22
Hey great Mariella. I forgot to check :? . Thanks

Niné

Vickip
14 May 2003, 00:36
For those of you who haven't seen this yet. It is there now!
Go to 'video's show'.
It's 'koninginnedag 2003' and you will love it, I am sure!! :lol:

Great day to you,

Mariella

The link is on this topic, Nine posted it.

Enjoy :bunny:

Unless I'm missing something .. it wasn't the entire performance :(
The video clip ends with Meat and Patti starting to sing Paradise .. maybe they're going to post the 2nd half of the song separately?

Oh well .... I'll still get to see the whole thing soon :)
Thanks again Mariella!

Vicki

mariella
14 May 2003, 00:40
Really have no idea, Vicki. Wasn't able to look at it myself. Didn't work this time.
Hope I didn't make you all go there 'for nothing'. Because Paradise is what is so great!!

Great day to you,

Mariella

sherrie87
14 May 2003, 02:12
Wow.....only 10 seconds of Meat Loaf and Patti singing on the whole thing! If anyone has the tape of the whole event, it would be a great thing to post on R.O.L. or Meat Loaf Multimedia- I'd love to see the whole thing someday.

Sherrie

Vickip
14 May 2003, 03:16
Wow.....only 10 seconds of Meat Loaf and Patti singing on the whole thing! If anyone has the tape of the whole event, it would be a great thing to post on R.O.L. or Meat Loaf Multimedia- I'd love to see the whole thing someday.

Sherrie

I saw that too :(

But not to worry ..... thanks to Mariella, I have a tape of the entire performance. And as soon as I have the tape converted from PAL to NTSC format, I'll post it on the ROL !! Hopefully it won't be too long :))

Vicki

sherrie87
14 May 2003, 04:24
Wooooo! Thank goodness for ROL! I have to say I've been spending quite a bit of time there of late, and I've really enjoyed it. I'll be on the lookout for the Dutch lottery show. Thanks Vicki!

Sherrie :lol:

Vickip
14 May 2003, 05:21
Wooooo! Thank goodness for ROL! I have to say I've been spending quite a bit of time there of late, and I've really enjoyed it. I'll be on the lookout for the Dutch lottery show. Thanks Vicki!

Sherrie :lol:

Thanks Sherrie :))
I'm glad you're enjoying it !!
I can't wait to see the Dutch lottery show too :lol: We'll have a lot more new clips to add soon :))

Vicki

Asha
15 May 2003, 02:16
Hi Vickip,
Can you let us know when you have updated the clips on ROL.
Can't wait to see it......

Thx,
Asha

Vickip
15 May 2003, 03:24
Hi Vickip,
Can you let us know when you have updated the clips on ROL.
Can't wait to see it......

Thx,
Asha

Hi Asha!

Definitely :))
Thanks!

Vicki

Asha
15 May 2003, 03:26
GREAT!!

Vickip
15 May 2003, 04:43