PDA

View Full Version : Russo or Rousseau?


Steingirl
23 Jun 2008, 21:11
Two of my co-workers have this continuous debate about whether Patti's last name is Russo or Rousseau. During the Bat II years she was credited as Patricia Rousseau, but since '95 she's been credited as Patti Russo. I have no idea, so does anyone know the answer?

Monstro
23 Jun 2008, 21:24
I just call her Patti lol

RadioMaster
23 Jun 2008, 21:40
Its just a simplification id say. Her passport probably says Russeau.

Steingirl
23 Jun 2008, 21:45
Its just a simplification id say. Her passport probably says Russeau.

I was thinking that too, but then my friend pointed out that Rousseau is French and she's Italian, which would be spelled Russo, right?

AndyK
23 Jun 2008, 21:47
Russo is certainly an Italian spelling.

RadioMaster
23 Jun 2008, 21:47
pfff....dont really know enough about that :?
couldnt she just simply have french ancestors?

besides, (any people who speak french correct me please), but wouldnt 'Russo' be spelled "Russeaux" in french?

Diane
23 Jun 2008, 21:55
besides, (any people who speak french correct me please), but wouldnt 'Russo' be spelled "Russeaux" in french?
No it's Rousseau or Rouseau in French. Adding an "x" just makes a word plural.

Since she comes from an Italian family I'll go with Russo.

Diane

RadioMaster
23 Jun 2008, 22:00
so, whats Bordeaux then?

(see i have no idea of speaking french lol)

Steingirl
23 Jun 2008, 22:06
No it's Rousseau or Rouseau in French. Adding an "x" just makes a word plural.

Since she comes from an Italian family I'll go with Russo.

Diane

Thanks Diane! My friend who keeps debating this, is of French descent. That's why she was wondering which name is right. According to her, it's two different last names from two different ancestries. Rousseau is French and Russo is Italian. Any idea why it was spelled differently on the Bat II tour?

Diane
23 Jun 2008, 22:26
so, whats Bordeaux then?

(see i have no idea of speaking french lol)
I have no idea! :? Some French towns just have plural names. :lol:

Diane

The Flying Mouse
23 Jun 2008, 23:24
so, whats Bordeaux then?

(see i have no idea of speaking french lol)

I have no idea! :? Some French towns just have plural names. :lol:

Diane


:twisted: So I guess it's something like Aachen, Bremen, Giengen, Kaufbeuren, Memmingen, Nördlingen, or any other place in Germany that ends in "en" :wink:

MeatGrl1
23 Jun 2008, 23:45
Asked her about that she says it's Russo, she was asked to change it when she joined the band.

Ma.Ra
24 Jun 2008, 00:04
And I thought Russo is a simplification for/because Americans:twisted:(or for English speaking people generally;))

~Helen~
24 Jun 2008, 00:10
So it WAS Russo or it NOW IS Russo?

AndyK
24 Jun 2008, 00:12
It is now.

MeatGrl1
24 Jun 2008, 00:14
So it WAS Russo or it NOW IS Russo?

It was Rousseau but it's now Russo and that's what she's put on her myspace page.

~Helen~
24 Jun 2008, 00:17
I did think that but I'm in a permanent state of blondeness (the question is usually just to what extreme!) and so was confused. Ahhh well Russo is much easier to spell ;) all good :up: :-)

RadioMaster
24 Jun 2008, 08:57
:twisted: So I guess it's something like Aachen, Bremen, Giengen, Kaufbeuren, Memmingen, Nördlingen, or any other place in Germany that ends in "en" :wink:

Not to forget Gelsenkirchen :))

Battybarb
24 Jun 2008, 09:07
Its a lot easier just to say Patti ...lol

wolfy35
24 Jun 2008, 09:37
She is listed on IMDB as Patricia Russeau but using the professional name of Patti Russo
in the same way as Meat is listed as Marvin Lee Aday but using the professional names of Meat Loaf and Michael Aday

But what she prefers to be called doesnt really matter what matters is that she is back where she belongs as the best female lead Meat has ever had

24K
24 Jun 2008, 10:19
Yep i would say the best as well!

Steingirl
25 Jun 2008, 22:26
But what she prefers to be called doesnt really matter what matters is that she is back where she belongs as the best female lead Meat has ever had

ITA, So glad she's back! Only 2 days 'til showtime!:D

KarlV
04 Jul 2008, 14:06
I noticed the different spellings when Patti was in Notre Dame de Paris in London some years back, so when I met her after the show I asked her. She told me it is Russo and that the French-type spelling was Meat's idea. She seemed a bit baffled by it but said she went along with it. It didn't last and very quickly they used her proper spelling.