PDA

View Full Version : Meatloaf VH1 Night

Leon
30 Apr 2003, 00:50
Hi all
I'm new to meatloaf and apologise if this has been posted but it seems that VH1 will have a night dedicated to meatloaf on sunday 11th may.
Beginning at 19.00 there will be the Greatest Hits of Meatloaf
Then at 20.00 there will be a program called meatloaf reveals
At 21.00 the film Meatloaf: To hell and back will be shown
and then at 23.30 there will be another Greatest hits of Meatloaf show
Finally at midnight there is another meatloaf reveals show.

All in alll should be a great night!
Later
Leon

ChrisBelfast
30 Apr 2003, 00:56
brilliant news Leon, the forum seemed to know this was happening but didnt know when, what a great first post u've made! welcome

Tim
30 Apr 2003, 00:57
Holy Macaroni!! And i can't receive it!!! To bad!!

Mmm, well, now i can ask someone... who is nice, and willing to help... could someone tape it??? Specially the movie!! Never seen it, but very curious about it!! :lol:

Leon
30 Apr 2003, 01:01
afraid I'm in the same boat as you Tim :cry: Don't have VH1.
I Was going to get myself a bit better known on here before asking if some kind soul could tape it for me. (Here's hoping!)

ChrisBelfast
30 Apr 2003, 01:01
wouldn't it be amazing if they could have added a concert in there as well. We've saw the Beacon on TV so Cologne or something from the summer tour would be brilliant! VH1 sponsered the storytellers show, its a wonder they aren't showing it as part of their line up. Or even better a concert recorded by them during the American Storytellers tour!! We need a week of meat LOL

Leon
30 Apr 2003, 01:04
oh and thanks for the welcome meatloafisgod. nice to see the members on here are polite and friendly compared to some of the forums I've been on!

Dave
30 Apr 2003, 01:16
Hi there Leon! Welcome to the MLUKFC forums! Hope you have fun, and make sure to not be afraid to go over the edge!!

Muppetloaf
30 Apr 2003, 01:30
:D Tim, Leon...... i dont mind making a tape and forwrding it on, just be sure to email me a reminder day or so before!! I Check mail regular so wont miss it!!, Cheers, Muppetloaf (Tim) :D

The Flying Mouse
30 Apr 2003, 01:50
:twisted: Hi Leon.
I've already said hello on the site feedback forum.
But again welcome.And thanks a million for the info :D .

bokibe
30 Apr 2003, 02:12
Great news, hope someone can tell me if it's the same VH1 which is availble on the satellite from canaldigitaal.nl. I have a dish and can receive VH1 and VH! classic, but I think there are more VH1 channels :D .

I will self checkout the VH1 website.

dottie
30 Apr 2003, 11:22
Hi all
I'm new to meatloaf and apologise if this has been posted but it seems that VH1 will have a night dedicated to meatloaf on sunday 11th may.
Beginning at 19.00 there will be the Greatest Hits of Meatloaf
Then at 20.00 there will be a program called meatloaf reveals
At 21.00 the film Meatloaf: To hell and back will be shown
and then at 23.30 there will be another Greatest hits of Meatloaf show
Finally at midnight there is another meatloaf reveals show.

All in alll should be a great night!
Later
Leon

Welcome Leon

Shadows On The Wall
30 Apr 2003, 17:01
Kew it was happening, but not when it was comming up, cheers, ill have to tape it

ChoccyBat
30 Apr 2003, 22:59
I can't get sky either, but have seen the film and wouldn't worry too much about missing it. Its based on the autobiography but isn't half as good. The rest of the night sounds good tho.

White of High
01 May 2003, 00:02
Hi Leon!

Jean Reno is the best actor ever!!!

Ben
01 May 2003, 13:36
Hiya and welcom leon, thanks for the info, cant wait!

jcmoorehead
01 May 2003, 23:28
Hmm looks like im gonna be taping it. I got Work the next morning. I start my Job at a computer training company. Its for my Work Experiance. Sounds like a Good Schedule. I will make sure i tape it!

Leon
01 May 2003, 23:44
enjoy your work experience jc. I did mine at the local airport (and it was great - saw the odd famous person!) but one of my friends went to a computer training centre and said he loved it. They even paid him £20 at the end of it!

Chris
01 May 2003, 23:47
Enjoy the work experience I di mine at a European Job Opportunites centre place. Spent a week arguing with hairy germans on video conferencing!!!!!

On topic- I don't have VH1, please could someone do me a copy and send it me. i will pay of the tape and postage.

M.Bison
01 May 2003, 23:52
This is brilliant! Only problem is I don't have Sky Digital or any other satilites with VH1 on it, I only have Chorus but I was lucky enough to get Gerry Kelly and Des and Mel so I'll try and sort this out. I think they'll play:
I Would Do Anything For Love
I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
Rock And Roll Dreams
Objects In The Rear View Mirror
Couldn't Have Said It Better
Did I Say That
Paradise
Bat Out Of Hell
Took The Words
Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us
If You Really Want To
Read'em And Weep
Not A Dry Eye In The House

I really don't know will they play the rare Meat Loaf videos like Modern Girl, Getting Away With Murder, Surf's Up, A Kiss, Is Nothing Sacred, and Rock'n'Roll Mercanaries so I decided not to put them down on my video prediction list. I say they'll play them in order from Bat Out Of Hell 'till Couldn't Have Said It Better, it would be very wierd if they started of with Anything For Love 'till I'd Lie For You. If they played the rare ones then it would be Modern Girl after the last Midnight video. Now that's all I have to say.
M.Bison

Ben
02 May 2003, 13:29
I really don't know will they play the rare Meat Loaf videos like Modern Girl, Getting Away With Murder, Surf's Up, A Kiss, Is Nothing Sacred, and Rock'n'Roll Mercanaries so I decided not to put them down on my video prediction list. I say they'll play them in order from Bat Out Of Hell 'till Couldn't Have Said It Better, it would be very wierd if they started of with Anything For Love 'till I'd Lie For You. If they played the rare ones then it would be Modern Girl after the last Midnight video. Now that's all I have to say.
M.Bison

i remember a few years ago vh-1 had a meat loaf day, one of the shows was the greatest hits of meat loaf and two of the videos that they did play was 'modern girl' and 'is nothing sacred'. so this time we may be lucky and get some of the other rare one like 'surf's up' rock 'n' roll mercenaries and 'a kiss is a........' as i have never seen these videos before and would love to see them!

p.s. does anybody have any of these videos on vcd??

ChrisBelfast
02 May 2003, 13:34
i'd imagine it will be the same show as the last one played for greatest hits, hopefully not though and we get some new progs.

bokibe
04 May 2003, 01:11
Can't find any info on vh1.com nor on vh1.co.uk. Does anybody know on which channel it will be broadcasted?

Ben
05 May 2003, 16:53
just the normal VH-1. the UK one i think.

greg
05 May 2003, 21:01
hi got times for vh1 night on the 11 of may 7 - 1am

Asha
05 May 2003, 23:03
Hi all,

I'm new to this board, and i've been browsing it for about a day now.

I LOVE IT!!

Anyway, just wanted to say that, and i think it's great that people like Meat and Paul post on these forums as well.

Surf's up.
Asha

mariella
05 May 2003, 23:08
Hi Asha,

Welcome to this place. Glad you like it here, I do too. :bunny:

Mariella

Ben
06 May 2003, 10:44
Yeah welcome Asha, hope you have fun here.

bokibe
06 May 2003, 22:14
While zappin' through the channels, I've seen a promo on VH1 for the Meat Night. Unforunattely I wasn't able to see the promo complete, but I thought I saw the starting time of 21.00 hrs. If thats GMT of CET I don't know yet.

Sapphire Lady
06 May 2003, 22:49
i remember a few years ago vh-1 had a meat loaf day, one of the shows was the greatest hits of meat loaf and two of the videos that they did play was 'modern girl' and 'is nothing sacred'.

I remember the Meat Loaf day on VH1 a few years ago. I took the day off work to watch it but didn't tell anyone why !!

Renegade Angel
06 May 2003, 23:02
I wonder if the Meat Loaf Reveals programme is the same as Behind the music which was on a few years ago?

Dick
09 May 2003, 22:40
I've just noticed that Meat Loaf Reveals has been switched to Classic Albums on the Sky T.V guide, has anyone else noticed this?

Renegade Angel
09 May 2003, 23:16
I hope not I already have this on dvd - why don't they show something new or maybe an old concert that has not been shown before.

Ben
10 May 2003, 00:44
yeah ive got it too. an unseen concert would be great!

M.Bison
10 May 2003, 20:38
Hi everyone, it would be great to have an unseen Meat Loaf concert on the Meat Loaf VH1 Night, if they did I believe they'd take out To Hell And Back and replace it with the unseen concert, if there was one unseen concert that I could choose, it would be the show at Berlin 1996 or the Born To Rock show at Dortmund or Zurich. I just took a look at the listings and now I don't think they'll play a rare video at all even though on Greatest Hits Of on Meat Loaf Day at Modern Girl and Is Nothing Sacred, the first Greatest Hits show is an hour long and the second one is one for thirty minutes or maybe it would be the same Greatest Hits show as they did when The Very Best Of came out, here's how long the videos are:
Bat 1/Dead Ringer/Midnight: Same Length as the Songs
Modern Girl: 4:39 Minutes?
Bad Attidude/Blind: Same Length as the Songs?
I Would Do Anything For Love: 7:37
Rock And Roll Dreams: 5:57
Objects: (Different times depending on version)
I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth): 7:17 (Censored version might by a couple of seconds shorter than the uncensored or it might be a couple of seconds longer depending on if it's the original version or not)
Not A Dry Eye In The House: 5:01
A Kiss: 3:15
Is Nothing Sacred: 3:37 (I don't know)
Did I Say That: 4:57
Couldn't Have Said It Better: 5:37

I don't know what versions of Objects or I'd Lie For You will be played but I think they'll play the edited version of those videos, I also think they'll play I'd Do Anything For Love normally execpt that the bit where Make-Up Man (Meat's character) runs over the cop and kills him will be shown as the edited version would be shown, for all the other videos that'll be played will be played as their original counterparts.
M.Bison

Tim
10 May 2003, 20:40
Let the person who promised to tape it... please do it!! :D

Thanks Tim, The Butcher

heat
10 May 2003, 21:25
I'm getting me dad to tape it!!!!

Heat
xxx

Tim
10 May 2003, 22:35
I'm getting me dad to tape it!!!!

Heat
xxx

Well, lovely heat..... hahaha... no not gonna ask.

Leon
10 May 2003, 22:57
I sadly don't have sky so can't get vh1 and so can't see all the programs on meat. Therefore I am asking if anyone is willing to tape me a copy or something and then send it to me. I am willing to pay the cost of a video tape and any postage costs etc, so i'm hoping someone is willing. Please reply or message me
Thanks

Asha
10 May 2003, 23:36
Same here.
If anybody could tape it for me that would be great.

Or is there some-one in the netherlands that can get the VH1 program??

Greetz,
Asha

Tim
10 May 2003, 23:45
He Asha.... maybe i will get the tape... got two people who maybe want to record it... so... keep you informed! :lol:

The Butcher, Tim

(also from the Netherlands) :lol:

Asha
10 May 2003, 23:51
That would be great Tim,
I'm willing to pay any cost you might make.

(oftewel ik vergoed je alle onkosten die je moet maken :) )

Thx,
Asha

Renegade Angel
10 May 2003, 23:56
I didn't know that there was any videos for Midnight, Bad Attitude and Blind Before I Stop????

Anyway I checked the sky listings on the tv and it's the Classic Albums programme, so basically we are not being shown anything new.
What was the 'Meat Loaf Reveals' programme that was originally going to be on instead of classic albums?
I think the videos will be

BAT
YOU TOOK THE WORDS
TWO OUT OF THREE
PARADISE
DEADRINGER
MODERN GIRL
I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
ROCK N' ROLL DREAMS
OBJECTS
I'D LIE FOR YOU
NOT A DRY EYE
A KISS IS A TERRIBLE THING
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER

I myself would have loved to have seen an old concert from the 70s or 80s

Ben
11 May 2003, 20:15
Less than a hour to go now peeps!!! :D

Dick
11 May 2003, 23:53
Incase anyone has missed it, the videos were,

TOOK THE WORDS
TWO OUTTA THREE
DEADRINGER
BAT
I'D LIE FOR YOU
I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
COULD HAVE SAID IT BETTER

And i've been quite impressed with the Classic Albums programme. I'm hoping that more vidoes will be shown after the film, and not just repeats of earlier cause i'd like to see videos for Modern Girl, Surfs Up, Not a Dry Eye etc.

badger
12 May 2003, 01:01
oh how i wish i was at home with sky and not at uni with no tv!

Renegade Angel
12 May 2003, 01:18
A video to Surf's Up??? - what next a video for Special Girl??????

I watched the film which to be honest was awful and I caught the first few videos of the greatest hits after but it looked like the show repeated from earlier on with CHSIB on first.

ChrisBelfast
12 May 2003, 02:19
i was disapointed that the Meat Loaf reveals programme was taken off air as i had already got classic albums on dvd. Was a good nights entetainment but i'd loved 2 have seen stuff that i hadnt saw before, eg a concert of some type. VH1 prob hgave lots more material they could use fora second night if they wanted, eg storytellers and the 'Reveals' programme.

dottie
12 May 2003, 11:49
i was disapointed that the Meat Loaf reveals programme was taken off air as i had already got classic albums on dvd. Was a good nights entetainment but i'd loved 2 have seen stuff that i hadnt saw before, eg a concert of some type. VH1 prob hgave lots more material they could use fora second night if they wanted, eg storytellers and the 'Reveals' programme.

Yep, I was disappointed too -never mind

heat
12 May 2003, 11:49
I'm just gonna sit here and cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My dad was taping it for me last night, as we don't have VH1, but instead of taping VH1, he taped VH1 Classics.... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

He said he didn't realise till about ten to twelve, and by then it was almost over :cry: :cry: :cry:

Someone pass me a hankie, please :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Heat
xxx

dottie
12 May 2003, 12:01

My dad was taping it for me last night, as we don't have VH1, but instead of taping VH1, he taped VH1 Classics.... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

He said he didn't realise till about ten to twelve, and by then it was almost over :cry: :cry: :cry:

Heat
xxx

Heat I have to say with a heavy heart - I was disappointed with the showing - I expected something new somewhere - but not to be - apart from CHSIB Video - maybe next :( time

Diane
12 May 2003, 12:30
Many thanks to VH1 for dedicating a whole evening to Meat. :D It was a shame though we didn't get the Meat Loaf Reveals ...... show. Maybe at a later date?

Was it just me or did anyone else find it strange that there were no ads during the commercial breaks for Meat's new album? Happily the video for "CHSIB" was played a few times, but I would have thought this would have been a golden opportunity to promote the album. :?

ChrisBelfast
12 May 2003, 12:38
i didnt expect to see an advert for the album because with it being a meat loaf night it would be meat loaf fans watching and theyd know being fans that the new album is out, it would probably have been a waste of money.

Diane
12 May 2003, 13:02
i didnt expect to see an advert for the album because with it being a meat loaf night it would be meat loaf fans watching and theyd know being fans that the new album is out, it would probably have been a waste of money.

I don't think it would have only been Meat's die-hard fans who would have been watching VH1 last night. In fact there wasn't anything there that the die-hard fans hadn't already seen anyway! There were probably quite a few more "casual" fans who would have watched out of interest, and possibly folks just channel flicking who decided to stay tuned. These people wouldn't necessarily know that Meat has released a new album.

original sin
12 May 2003, 15:15

Heat
xxx

Heat call me i got it taped :twisted: :twisted:

Renegade Angel
12 May 2003, 20:44
I just watched the film 'To Hell And Back' which I taped last night and I have got to say that it is the worst film I have ever seen - not just cos im a fan of Meat's and his music but the acting and the script were terrible!
Most of the actors in the film are not too bad apart from the guy who plays Meat - I mean did this guy even know who Meat Loaf is? or even research the role?, I don't think he even listened to the albums much as his lip-syching was totally out.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting much from it in the first place but I think that it was pathetic, especially the bits where he was suposed to be playing Live and they just used the original versions of songs.

I actually laughed out loud during the bit where he was singing I'd Do Anything For Love without the music and then when the music came in, it was the original version of the song.

The only good things about the film I thought were that the girl who played Leslie was very good looking and the guy who played Jim was quite funny.

Also did anyone notice that Meat's Daughter 'Amanda' played the part of the checkout operator in the supermarket?

bokibe
12 May 2003, 22:06
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Finally found out that the VH1 that canaaldigitaal in The Netherlands is broadcasting is the vh1e (see vh1e.com)
Now I didn't had the possibility to tape it. Hope Tim The Butcher can make me a copy too. Pls pls pls. Pay you alle the costs and can collect it in Nijmegen as you wish.

Finally next monday 1.30 CET there is a Meat Loaf greatest Hits (only 30 minutes) on the mentioned vh1e

M.Bison
12 May 2003, 22:58

Heat
xxx
Don't worry Heat, I went through worse then you'd ever dreamed of. First, I had to leave Colm's Birthday Part 30 minutes ealier, two, my sister had a probelm so Alex Kingston's (another classmate) dad had to walk me over to the hospital, three, when Liam came to mind my sister, we were going to tape the whole Meat Loaf Night on VH1 but when I got down to my nan's, their video wasn't tuned in for recording stuff off T.V, I was very disapointed and I had to watch it and watch it only, I was fine at the start until after I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth) came on where I very disapointed because I couldn't tape it and I wouldn't be able to go to tell the whole school that I tape it. (they still believe I'm looking for it) Before it started Freddie (my Godfather) went upstairs to see could he get it taped but he was working too slowly, later on during that disapointment scene during Classic Albums, John (my Uncle) came home and he said I must watch it but I must keep it down, after that I felt uncomfortable being there because everyone there (execpt my Nan) were being too hard on me so when my mom rang on the phone, I told her the whole thing and everyone was being hard on me so I decided to come home at 11:30, I recovered during To Hell And Back and a few minutes before Mom came, I decided that I'd watch I'd Lie For You before I left which was what I did, and that was the end of it. I'm still painfully hurt mentally because of that and the guys being hard on me, it was all too much to take and sometimes I think it will take a really long time for this to heal and there's nothing to look foward to in my life anymore. During I'd Lie For You, there was this really cool scene with a dragon in it (the one where they're in the cave) which is not on the version that I have on my computer so if anyone knows where I can get the version of I'd Lie For You with the dragon scene, let me know because I really like that scene. Now, I'm mentally hurt very badly because I couldn't tape it and the guys were being hard on me, could someone tell me will this ever be reapeted because I'm very distressed because of that screw-up and now I feel like I can't talk about it at school, if I do I have to say I taped it, especially I'd Lie For You and I am extremely mad at life for throwing this into my face and I think my "Life Is A Lemon, And That I Want My Money Back!"
M.Bison

Jen
13 May 2003, 21:55
could someone tell me will this ever be reapeted

Uhhh don't take my word for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does get repeated because looking at the listings for the next week it's all Grease, Flashdance, Saturday Night Fever, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson, J-Lo, Christina Aguilera, etc... which they've already been showing for the past month or so. So fingers crossed then eh? :?

Jen