PDA

View Full Version : Support Acts

Renegade Angel
29 Apr 2003, 21:14
Which bands have supported Meat Loaf on his tours over the years?
Im sure that with the amount of tours meat has done then there will have been a few.
The ones I remember are:

SHOWGUN(OR SHOGUN) - Lost Boys & Golden Girls tour 88
PICTURE HOUSE - Best Of Tour 1999
THE REAL PEOPLE - Summer tour 2002

Can anyone remember any others?

Sapphire Lady
29 Apr 2003, 22:40
Well done for remembering those three. I think most people, rightly or wrongly, wouldn't know or care who the support band was as they're only there to see Meat.

Dave
30 Apr 2003, 00:17
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What about the AWESOME support Kasim Sulton and Patti Russo gave to Meat during last year's Just Havin' Fun tour???

Shane
30 Apr 2003, 02:17
Kasim is opening for Meat on some of the tour dates (I don't know exactly which ones but they're at least some of those that Cyndi Lauper won't be opening on).

I hope he opens for Meat in NZ too because I would equally be there to see Kasim too. I have heard so much about Kasim but have not seen him in person.

heat
30 Apr 2003, 08:39
I really enjoyed 'The Real People' in cardiff..they were crackin. Patti was great as was Kasim :P

Heat
xxx

Sapphire Lady
30 Apr 2003, 10:38
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What about the AWESOME support Kasim Sulton and Patti Russo gave to Meat during last year's Just Havin' Fun tour???

I agree that was very good. But Kasim + Patti are part of Meat's band. I wouldn't regard them as a support act as such.

Shane
30 Apr 2003, 12:27
I agree that was very good. But Kasim + Patti are part of Meat's band. I wouldn't regard them as a support act as such.

I would regard them as no less a support act than any other person or band. In fact, some people would suggest that Meat should open for Kasim (I wouldn't mind that at all). They both have their careers outside of the band. Neither of them are merely "part of Meat's band". Playing with Meat is merely one of the things that both have done.

Renegade Angel
30 Apr 2003, 16:24
I understand that some people don't care about who the support act is but there are other acts out there besides Meat Loaf, so if your a fan of music, then maybe some of the support bands might have caught your eye and you might actual enjoy them.
Support bands have to start somewhere and deserve some credit.
Ok you might only be there for the main act who you want to see but the support band are there to promote themselves and get themselves heard -im sure Meat will have been a support to some other act at one time and look how well he did.

The main reason that I started this topic is to see if people can remember who supported Meat on a certain tour and maybe these acts are still around today.

The Flying Mouse
30 Apr 2003, 17:33
:twisted: I can understand that it must be really hard when your playing to a crowd who only want to see the main attraction :? .
Meat did do some support work.I believe the Cheap Trick gig was terrible.Meat took a lot of abuse :evil: .

Renegade Angel
30 Apr 2003, 18:00
When was the cheap trick support?
I can remember reading a review years ago from a show where Meat supported them (I think in Ireland).
It must have been around 1990/91 cos I remember the reviewer saying Meat promised Bat 2 was comming.

Meat used to support Hendrix, The Who and many others during the Popcorn Blizzard days.

dottie
30 Apr 2003, 18:54
I was too busy at Hyde Park letting the scotch slip down to notice who was on - shame on me - I must admit I could hear them by the beer tents
and they were good - maybe someone could enlighten me :roll:

mariella
30 Apr 2003, 19:00
Yes Dottie, that was Patti and Kasim you could hear.
I had two beers before the show, regret that very much. Had to go to the 'ladies room' during the show. Did not go ofcourse, but had a very hard time! :lol:

Mariella

dottie
30 Apr 2003, 19:20
Yes Dottie, that was Patti and Kasim you could hear.
I had two beers before the show, regret that very much. Had to go to the 'ladies room' during the show. Did not go ofcourse, but had a very hard time! :lol:

Mariella

Saw Patti and Kasim , wouldn't dream of missing them but before that there was a group on stage as we sat by the beer tents - who the hell were they - anyone know :??: Yeh I have that problem solve it by taking a catheter with me :lol:

mariella
30 Apr 2003, 19:28
That is a great idea, from now on i am doing that too! :lol: Thank you.

And yes, now that you mention it, I do remember another band before Kasim and Patti. I promised myself to remember their name, then forgot all about it.

Mariella

The Flying Mouse
30 Apr 2003, 19:35
:twisted: The Cheap Trick gig I was talking about was held in Chicago in 1977.

The band who played suport at the Hyde Park concert would have probibily been a Liverpool band called The Real People.
Their last show with Meat was in Liverpool,and they thanked Meat for all his help over the tour.

mariella
30 Apr 2003, 19:38
Yes, that must be them. I kept thinking Village People, knew that wasn't quite it.

Thank you,

Mariella

The Flying Mouse
30 Apr 2003, 20:00
:lmao:

Danny L
30 Apr 2003, 20:54
I'd really like Patti to release her own CD

Who agrees?

Jen
30 Apr 2003, 20:58
I'd really like Patti to release her own CD

Oooh definitely, she's got a great voice a cd would be brilliant. :D

Renegade Angel
30 Apr 2003, 21:40
The Real People who supported Meat on the last UK tour are an indie band who have been around for years and have quite a big cult following.
They were friends with Oasis and the lead singer did backing vocals on the first Oasis single 'Supersonic'

There is a 'Real People' website and their fans were non too keen on the band supporting Meat last year - the forum on their website was full of people slagging Meat off.

heat
30 Apr 2003, 21:52
Hasn't Patti already got a CD out???

Heat
xxx

The Flying Mouse
30 Apr 2003, 21:56
:twisted: Did the band members back Meat up when people were slaging him off on the website?
At the concert they were telling everyone how grateful they were to Meat :? .

Renegade Angel
30 Apr 2003, 22:03
I didn't see any sign of back up from the band but they might not have seen what the 'fans' were putting.

It seemed to me that they had a bit of a hardcore following that went to see them rather than Meat Loaf and a lot even said they left when Meat came on stage - so their loss really.

I can understand that the type of music is different from what Meat performs but some of the things they were saying were not nice at all, but if they want to be so ignorant to like 'The Realies' as they call them then let them.

Renegade Angel
30 Apr 2003, 22:16
Here is a link to their official site http://www.real-people.co.uk/latest.htm
There are quite a few pictures from the summer tour with Meat, so check them out - you might even find a few of their fans opinions on that tour, although I couldn't find any when I just looked.

dottie
30 Apr 2003, 22:39
Yes, that must be them. I kept thinking Village People, knew that wasn't quite it.

Thank you,

Mariella

Knew I had Y.M.C.A. on the brain for some reason :lol:

badger
02 May 2003, 21:11
Hasn't Patti already got a CD out???

has she? that would be great if anyone knows.

Personally, and just my opinion here, the Real People weren't my kind of thing and I found them kind of boring. I was pleased to see Patti and Kasim on (but lets face it you would be anyway!)

The Flying Mouse
03 May 2003, 13:14
[quote="badger
Personally, and just my opinion here, the Real People weren't my kind of thing and I found them kind of boring. I was pleased to see Patti and Kasim on (but lets face it you would be anyway!)[/quote]

I agree 100%
when The Real People were on,I just sat there politley claping at the end of their songs,but without much enthusiasm :roll: .Not my style of music,but it is hard for suport acts so although inside your head your screaming "get off the stage and bring a real singer on" :wink: the least you can do is pretend your having a good time.
When Kasim and Pattie took to the stage that's when I really woke up and started to enjoy the show :D .
Then,when Meat finally came on I went completly ape .... :lmao: .

It's a shame that the "realies" (what a bloody silly name :? ) don't have the same amount of tolerance and respect.Saying that if there is a link to Oasis I can't say i'm suprised.I've met some Oasis fans at work and find that most of them are arogant little pillocks with a false sence of superiority.Once I had a cretin on stage singing an Oasis song,and he thought it would be a great idea to throw my mic on the floor :evil: .I came very close to losing my famous sweet disposition :angry: .

Renegade Angel
03 May 2003, 17:58
May I just point out that im an Oasis fan - I know a lot of people may find them a bit arrogant ect, but they are the best thing to happen to British music for years!

badger
04 May 2003, 16:26
I think Oasis have been quite good for British music in raising the profile, but they are really just recycling Beatles chord structures etc.

Anyway, i think i am flying off topic here!...

trulli
04 May 2003, 18:12
I remember a few years back meat had a string quartet on first playing his songs including bat out of hell! Now that was good.

badger
04 May 2003, 20:08
I remember a few years back meat had a string quartet on first playing his songs including bat out of hell! Now that was good.

Has anybody got the CD of, i think it is the LPO or someone, playing Meat Loaf songs?

If so is it any good? I have normally stayed away from cd's like that.

dottie
04 May 2003, 21:52

Has anybody got the CD of, i think it is the LPO or someone, playing Meat Loaf songs?

If so is it any good? I have normally stayed away from cd's like that.

I did have it through it away - couldn't stand it - it was a massacre :twisted:

badger
04 May 2003, 21:56
I did have it through it away - couldn't stand it - it was a massacre :twisted:

thats why a normaly stay away from then, thanks for comfirming it dotster!