PDA

View Full Version : Missing Patti

Toolster
03 May 2008, 22:42
Hi,

Just treated myself to a new HD TV and put Meat with MSO on (looked and sounded great:) However it got me thinking, Which is the song you miss Patti the most?

For me it has to be Paradise as it not been the same since her STOP RIGHT THERE has been replaced.

AndrewG
04 May 2008, 00:39
Pretty much all of them. However I always felt "Anything for Love" should definitely have been dropped when Patti left the band. Having said that Meat's stellar performance of that song in NYC in July 2007 was breathtaking from what I can see on the YouTube clip
Meat Loaf singing AFL in NYC 2007 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-cb_YhAbU)

I also desperately miss "Couldn't have said it better". Though Meat will probably never perform that live again anyway.
I miss these days... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VpIEgVbcPK4&feature=related)

wolfy35
04 May 2008, 01:05
I agree with andrew its pretty much every song Patti did with Meat but if I was forced to choose just one it would be AFL.

Would really like the chance to see What About Love live with Meat & Patti I bet that one could bring the house down.... oh well we can dream cant we

LP
04 May 2008, 13:48
the last 30 secs of that CHSIB clip gave me goosebumps... its been a while since a Meat performance did that to me!!!!

Battybarb
04 May 2008, 15:01
most definately "Paradise"has to be the one for me,not the same without Patti,then again nothing seems the same without Patti..she is most definately a great loss to the band

Ma.Ra
04 May 2008, 16:58
Pretty much all of them. However I always felt "Anything for Love" should definitely have been dropped when Patti left the band. Having said that Meat's stellar performance of that song in NYC in July 2007 was breathtaking from what I can see on the YouTube clip
Meat Loaf singing AFL in NYC 2007 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-cb_YhAbU)

I also desperately miss "Couldn't have said it better". Though Meat will probably never perform that live again anyway.
I miss these days... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VpIEgVbcPK4&feature=related)

Erm, this can't be 2007. Patti was not in the band since mid 2006.

AndrewG
04 May 2008, 17:17

?
The first Youtube clip is of Meat singing with Aspen in July 2007 and the second I pointed out is from the MSO show in Feb 2004, Meat and Patti singing CHSIB.

allrevvedup
04 May 2008, 19:54

I think you read the original message wrong...

With that said while I like the black and white I can't really see what is so stellar about this performance..imo the whole tour was a write off due to the cyst and vocal problem

Ma.Ra
05 May 2008, 22:31
Yes, it seems so. Sry:oops:

Steingirl
06 May 2008, 18:41
Who will be Meat's duet partner for this upcoming tour?

LucyK!
06 May 2008, 18:52
CC performed Dead Ringer at the second leg shows that went ahead, I really hope she gets the chance to step up and shine again even if she's not the lead backing vocalist...

As for Patti, a magic is missing that only she can bring back

Ankie
06 May 2008, 19:48

THAT is the BIG question!!

....one thing is for sure; it isnt going to be me ;)

Diane
06 May 2008, 20:11
...... As for Patti, a magic is missing that only she can bring back
The on-stage chemistry between Meat & Patti was so much stronger to me than it has ever been with any other female vocalist Meat has worked with, and there have been quite a few excellent leading ladies in the past.

....one thing is for sure; it isnt going to be me ;)
Me neither! :lol:

Diane

Steingirl
06 May 2008, 20:21
I like CC, but she is not an actress. I think Meat needs a really great singer/actress to perform the duets with him. I agree Meat and Patti were magic together. She would definitely be my first choice. Of course, Ankie or Diane may be a close second.;)

djfierce
06 May 2008, 21:40
i feel like i'm in a constant loop lately about Patti constantly saying how i miss her and she is great but hey ho one more time maybe lol

I really miss her, i feel something has been missing in the live shows since she left, Patti and Meat were the ultimate paradise partnership imho and no one will ever upstage that. The best thing imo for Meat to do is to ask her to return to the band, this will send his career sliding back where it should be. Having said that Patti seems to be doing pretty well on her own.
I will continue to see Meat as much as possible but i know i will have much more fun and be far more entertained if Patti was back ;)

Love CC but unfortunatly cant see her taking this role either :?

And to make this relevant to the original post lol i dont think you can miss patti more than in paradise but yeah chsib comes a close second but unfortunatly i dont think meat would do this live again with or without patti :(

RadioMaster
06 May 2008, 21:43
may I ask,
where do all the patti-returns rumours come from the last few weeks/months?

have there been any hints dropped by anyone or anything else that could get our hopes up?

AndrewG
06 May 2008, 21:50
Don't think anyone is telling any rumours, just their desires. Obviously something like Patti's return would be more plausible with Aspen out of the picture but I seriously doubt it would happen. Bat out of Hell 4 released in 2009 is probably more plausible and the chances of that are zilch I'd say.

djfierce
06 May 2008, 22:00
i agree andrew.

yep rj no one knows anything just voicing what they want....the bring back patti campaign spills to all avenues even hinting her name lol

wolfy35
06 May 2008, 23:59
As for Patti, a magic is missing that only she can bring back

As the great man himself sang I couldn't have said it better myself

wolfy35
07 May 2008, 00:00

Well..... Tina Turner is coming out of retirement to tour again

w1sie
07 May 2008, 00:59
Forgive my ignorance, but why did Patti leave the band? I've read various references, but never been able to find out why.
I think Patti was marvelous and would really like to see them duet together again

K
xx

MeatGrl1
07 May 2008, 02:28
I don't think it's our place to say and no official statement has been given, just that she left the band, we should just leave the asking. I have never had the pleasure of seeing Meat and Patti live but I have the CD/VHS & DVD footage and I am in agreement with most of the above, there was alot of fun during Paradise and what kept it exciting was they would change the routine of that constantly, I do not think any one of the Paradises that I have of them performing it is the same.

Battybarb
07 May 2008, 08:16
wouldnt the surprise that Meat is promising be lovely if it was that Patti is returning,i think most people on here would be over the moon..i know i would be

djfierce
07 May 2008, 13:55
i have a feeling that if he announces anything else there, his surprise isnt gonna have the effect he desires lol, desperatly trying not to get my hopes up too much, after all, it could be a thousand things.

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 13:57
I think there's a good chance the annoucement will be a new band member to replace Aspen...just not the one we want!

djfierce
07 May 2008, 14:04
i agree but if that is the case then i hope he has read enough relevant threads on both sites and the experience of introducing Aspen (who, bless her did nothing wrong really) to understand fully how it would go down.

I will of course as with Aspen give any new partner a fair chance but i will be dissapointed if he tries yet again to fill boots that arent for filling. I personally would rather he dropped Paradise and AFL than introduce anyone else, risking further criticism.

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 14:08
As a big fan, so would I, but I'm not sure how many people who aren't as keen on Meat and just go along to the shows because they liked him years ago would still go if he dropped songs like Paradise and AFL :? Personally I'm sick to death of them :p

A part of me feels quite sorry for Aspen, the way she was introduced was all wrong which I think put her on a losing streak from the begining :?

AndyK
07 May 2008, 14:12
I honestly think it won't be anything to do with band members. From what I can remeber Meat has never announced a line up change in the NLE before. My money would perhaps go on something that ties in with what he said yesterday about "making it up to Newcastle".

Monstro
07 May 2008, 15:04
I personally would rather he dropped Paradise and AFL than introduce anyone else, risking further criticism.

Personally I'm sick to death of them :p

Hear hear, same as, to the back teeth even, that would free up half an hour or so of time for the lesser heard stuff!!!!!

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 16:02
I honestly think it won't be anything to do with band members. From what I can remeber Meat has never announced a line up change in the NLE before. My money would perhaps go on something that ties in with what he said yesterday about "making it up to Newcastle".

I agree, a line up change wouldnt really be anything of interest for the public, rather something regarding the new newcastle show or the new album.

Steingirl
07 May 2008, 18:17
As a big fan, so would I, but I'm not sure how many people who aren't as keen on Meat and just go along to the shows because they liked him years ago would still go if he dropped songs like Paradise and AFL :? Personally I'm sick to death of them :p

A part of me feels quite sorry for Aspen, the way she was introduced was all wrong which I think put her on a losing streak from the begining :?

I agree that I don't think songs like Paradise or AFL could ever be dropped from the show because they usually generate the biggest audience response. I always enjoyed them alot on past tours. This seems like a big "comeback" tour for Meat and he keeps adding new dates, so he's definitely going to need an incredible duet partner. I think that's why everyone mentions Patti. There's none better.

allrevvedup
07 May 2008, 18:45

I feel sorry for myself that I won't get to see Aspen on this tour...mainly cause she's hot...and there's the singing too!

Anyway, I get the feeling Patti wouldn't come back...simply because having to break out on her own was long overdue, whether it was forced or whatever the real story was who knows...and frankly I don't care, the same way as I didn't really care how or why Pat Thrall, Steve Buslow etc left...

Band changes just happen...i think Meat has been on record saying, around the time of CHSIB, that he wished he could've had the line up then five years beforehand.

It keeps things fresh, it'll keep meat fresh and hey it was an experiment...they tried Aspen and for whatever reason Aspen has left...

Good luck to the next person that comes in.

Steingirl
07 May 2008, 19:27
Band changes just happen...i think Meat has been on record saying, around the time of CHSIB, that he wished he could've had the line up then five years beforehand.

It keeps things fresh, it'll keep meat fresh and hey it was an experiment...they tried Aspen and for whatever reason Aspen has left...

Good luck to the next person that comes in.

However, too many failed 'experiments' can ruin credibility. That aside, it takes a while for a new performer to find their niche. This is a relatively short tour and there doesn't appear to be much rehearsal time, so whoever comes in has to be top-notch and immediately ready to deliver.

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 19:41
thinking about it: the 'surprise' hes gonna annouce tomorrow, COULD be the new female lead singer, IF it was some other star or famous singer.
Meat dropped a hint to some fans a few weeks ago, that "they'll be suprised" at the new girl. It is a possibility, although I'm not too optimistic on this one.

Is Bonnie still touring btw? :bleh:

wolfy35
07 May 2008, 21:06
However, too many failed 'experiments' can ruin credibility. That aside, it takes a while for a new performer to find their niche. This is a relatively short tour and there doesn't appear to be much rehearsal time, so whoever comes in has to be top-notch and immediately ready to deliver.

Ummmmmmm. Top notch, Ready to deliver immediately.

Is that just a Long and unusual way to spell Patti?

Meat knows what works well and im sure that if he and Patti can work things out for her to be there she will. I have been lucky enough to see all the female leads live and although all of them were stars none shone as bright and clear as Patti

Steingirl
07 May 2008, 21:10
thinking about it: the 'surprise' hes gonna annouce tomorrow, COULD be the new female lead singer, IF it was some other star or famous singer.
Meat dropped a hint to some fans a few weeks ago, that "they'll be suprised" at the new girl. It is a possibility, although I'm not too optimistic on this one.

Is Bonnie still touring btw? :bleh:

If you go to bonnietyler.com, she has quite a few tour dates listed through the end of the year in Germany, Finland, USA, Ireland, etc.

Honestly, I can't imagine that an already famous singer would want to become Meat's lead female vocalist. To me the biggest surprise would be a Meat/Patti reunion. Won't hold my breath though.:roll:

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 21:15
If you go to bonnietyler.com, she has quite a few tour dates listed through the end of the year in Germany, Finland, USA, Ireland, etc.

Honestly, I can't imagine that an already famous singer would want to become Meat's lead female vocalist. To me the biggest surprise would be a Meat/Patti reunion. Won't hold my breath though.:roll:

was just kidding about Bonnie btw.
Sadly her singing skills arent what they used to be :(

wasnt really thinking about a 'big star', someone successful in the business, rather someone whos a good singer, known to the public, but hasnt been successful for a while and needs to get back into the business.
Tiffany for example, as she did a good job on that commercial.

Steingirl
07 May 2008, 21:16
Ummmmmmm. Top notch, Ready to deliver immediately.

Is that just a Long and unusual way to spell Patti?

Meat knows what works well and im sure that if he and Patti can work things out for her to be there she will. I have been lucky enough to see all the female leads live and although all of them were stars none shone as bright and clear as Patti

I agree with you completely, Wolfy. It seems unlikely, but then again bands like Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles had really bitter break-ups, but then reunited and went on to have very successful new albums and tours. Everyone loves a good reunion.:-)

geordieloaf
07 May 2008, 21:20
I thought Aspen did a good job, but like most say she had an impossible job following Patti.
I agree with Andy i think Meat will be announcing something to do with the Newcastle gig, or that he has decided to put For crying out loud, surfs up and read em and weep in the set list.:lol:

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 21:24
well, one thing is sure, the "surprise" is one hell of a publicity tool! :lmao:

AndyK
07 May 2008, 21:28
well, one thing is sure, the "surprise" is one hell of a publicity tool! :lmao:

Well it's certainly got us all talking about it. This time tomorrow we should know what it is.

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 22:11
probably something like he bought himself a new pair of socks :lol:

AndyK
07 May 2008, 22:16
lol ... or a lottery ticket?

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 22:17
or that .net is actually planning a proper presale

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 22:19
More chance of the lottery win :?

I think it'll be something which to the general public will be exciting but to the fans here it'll be something we knew about, or know is coming, already

RadioMaster
07 May 2008, 22:23
:? i dont know....dont think it would be announced as surprise then....

and even if.....did we get any news lately that would justify being announced publicly as a surprise?

My guess would be either
a) something about the new album,
b) something about the new newcastle gig or
c) something about a new female lead singer, but ONLY if it is somebody known to the public

MeatGrl1
07 May 2008, 22:23
But as I also remember Aspen blogged at the start that she knew that she had big shoes to fill but she didn't want to copy Patti, and she didn't.
I actually quite liked the banter last year !!

duke knooby
07 May 2008, 23:02
i'll go for the most unlikely surprise idea in the history of surprise ideas.... meats returning to theatre to star in a new musical... bat out of hell the musical (or similar) written by a mr j steinman ....

wolfy35
07 May 2008, 23:14
or that .net is actually planning a proper presale

Come on now. Meat is announcing a surprise he is not announcing that he has worked miracles

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:30
ok here is my view since something we know nothing about seems destined to go on for pages lol

A) he hasnt said it would surprise the general public, he said a surprise would be announced in his journal on .net that only fans can read, so by my figuring he is expecting it to surprise the fans.

B) Can't see it being anything to do with the new album, he has mentioned that several times already....think the surprise has been blown on that front lol

C) Can't be anything to do with the Newcastle gig as again he has spoken a few times about that already, first mentioning on this morning that he was gonna do something, then on radio later that day saying he thinks it will be a charity event of sorts, so no surprise there either.

D) The new female lead?? Well i actually realistically don't expect Patti to be announced to be returning, by god i hope he does but i don't think so. Would it be about the new lead, well in terms of surprising his fans which his journal seems to promise, it could make sense, he hasnt mentioned Aspen leaving yet or who is replacing her so yea it is gonna surprise people good or bad.
Would the general public care or be surprised?? Well in truth they probably don't care much for anything he says or does anyway, he has talked about Jim not writing bat 3 and the reasons etc etc which also the general public wouldnt care about either so i personally cant see what else it could be really, but i am sure it has to be something even the die hard fans dont know already.

So if its not about the lead, i guess we will all be surprised lol

maybe he's gonna announce his retirement :shock::angst::faint:

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 23:34
:shock: Fair point, we're all assuming it's something positive...

AndyK
07 May 2008, 23:36
maybe he's gonna announce his retirement :shock::angst::faint:

For the third time(at least from my memory)? :lmao:

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:37
sorry to burst the bubble with a great big jackhammer :oops:

I really do hope its something good, that thought just popped in my head as i typed my conclusion. now praying i'm wrong otherwie i feel an angry mob of pms before banning from the site coming on lol

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:37
For the third time(at least from my memory)? :lmao:

lol well it will have to be true at some point :bleh: lolol

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 23:39
lmao I think you'll be safe tonight Anji :up: I'm sure that won't be the case, it'll be something good...it will!

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:40
oh right....you're so sure that you're only gauranteeing my safety for tonight :wtf: not after his announcement :lmao:

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 23:41
Well if he annouces his retirement within the next 24 hours then I think people will suspect you had info :p

AndyK
07 May 2008, 23:41
Don't worry, we at MLUKFC have a witness protection programme ... we can change your username and avatar and no one will know who you are and hence won't be able to find you ;-)

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:42
Don't worry, we at MLUKFC have a witness protection programme ... we can change your username and avatar and no one will know who you are and hence won't be able to find you ;-)

What about the Monstro? :shock:

AndyK
07 May 2008, 23:43

He can be distracted with Whisky, Stotties and pictures of CC :twisted:

Monstro
07 May 2008, 23:44

THE Monstro???????

Monstro
07 May 2008, 23:44
He can be distracted with Whisky, Stotties and pictures of CC :twisted:

Far too easily lol

LucyK!
07 May 2008, 23:45
THE Monstro???????

Like a species!

djfierce
07 May 2008, 23:48
i'll just stick the mso dvd on constant repeat lol

RadioMaster
08 May 2008, 09:21
lmao I think you'll be safe tonight Anji :up: I'm sure that won't be the case, it'll be something good...it will!

I agree, dont think a negative surprise would be announced in advance, this is supposed to be something to look forward too.

Would be the same if you wait for your christmas pressie and it turns out it is a *Punch* in the face :lmao:

two moe ideas that came to me were

quite likely a) something about a new movie or
very unlikely b) a reunion with Mr Steinman :pray:

djfierce
08 May 2008, 09:42
he's always doing movies though he doesnt tell us to tune in just to hear about his latest one

RadioMaster
08 May 2008, 09:46
good point

The Flying Mouse
08 May 2008, 19:54
:twisted: Are you sure you want to know Meat's secret announcement?

Positive?

OK..............

introducing...........

the new...........

GO PHONE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New lower tarrifs for the GO PHONE TWO mean you SAVE SAVE SAVE money on your current cell phone bills.

Already got a cell phone?

NO PROBLEM

One of our agents will be happy to dispose of it in one of our shinny shinny trash cans.

MAKE THE GO PHONE 2 THE CELL PHONE THAT'S A SOLD PHONE TODAY

Call today then trash the phone you're calling us on so you can replace it with a new super super go phone

RadioMaster
08 May 2008, 20:04
lmao

samurai7
08 May 2008, 20:19
Patti's back ;)

Monstro
08 May 2008, 20:20
God the tour can't come quick enough!!!!!!

The Flying Mouse
08 May 2008, 20:21
:twisted: AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW31
08 May 2008, 20:23
horaaaaaaaaaaaaa patti's back

Steve6
08 May 2008, 20:26
Meat bonds better with Patti than he does with Aspen. Have you all heard Patti's version of "Future"?... it's brilliant.

R.
08 May 2008, 20:29
Continue here (http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11652), please. :cool: