PDA

View Full Version : Aspen's wedding dress on ebay!!

wolfy35
15 Apr 2008, 11:41
Just had to post this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300216459403

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 11:44
looks lovely but i doubt there are many people Aspen's size lolol

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 12:28
I read about this on My Space as she offered it there too, which I thought was a lovely idea to offer it within her "internet family" and it certainly is a beautiful dress (if not a little small! :lol: ) but I can't imagine buying a wedding dress knowing it's already on someone else's wedding pics :?

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 12:31
Depends what your financial situation is...she is not asking very much for it by all acounts. Wedding dresses can be very expensive

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 12:37
Ohh absolutely, I'm speaking very much from the position of someone who drew the dream wedding in crayon when I was about six! I just can't imagine anyone else wearing the perfect dress before me! :lol: In saying that though I have friends who have spent tens of thousands on weddings and I just don't understand why, some of the best weddings I've been to have been the simple low key ones :up:

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 12:40
i have to admit i would rather wear my own choice but if the finances wouldnt allow then i would rather have the right day (and the right man lol) after all its about those all imprtant vows more than anything

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 12:49
If it came down to money I think I'd rather spend more on the honeymoon with new hubby...some friends of mine got married and instead of wedding gifts to open everyone bought them air miles then they went on a huge world tour afterwards, which I think is brilliant (as if it took until post 6 in this thread for anyone to mention having the right man! :lol: )

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 12:58
thats a really good idea :))

Hypnobabe
15 Apr 2008, 13:33
some of the best weddings I've been to have been the simple low key ones :up:

My first wedding was all singing, all dancing, all the bells and whistles, including a wedding dress made especially for me, and six bridesmaids in three different colours. That husband turned out to be a grade one k**b...

Wedding number two cost a grand total of about £250, and I've never been happier....

That said, I completely get what you say about the 'perfect' dress, Lucy... however, I can't help thinking that there'd be a bidding war going on if it'd been a dress Meat wore!!!!

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 13:37
If Meat had been wearing a dress I assure I'd want nothing to do with it! :shock: :lol:

If you don't mind me asking Claire, did you enjoy your "big" wedding day?? I can't imagine doing it with bridesmaids, thousnds of flowers and all that business (I forget my other half reads this, I not planning anything I promise!! )

Sapphire Lady
15 Apr 2008, 14:14
Aspen's dress is absolutely beautiful but I can't understand why she wants to sell it (I know she said storage problems but surely it can't take up that much room). I still have mine carefully wrapped in tissue and in a box 20 years later :D

firefly
15 Apr 2008, 14:15
looks lovely but i doubt there are many people Aspen's size lolol
I agree it is a lovely dress but Aspen is tiny and the dress wont fit many..lol

daveake
15 Apr 2008, 14:21
If Meat had been wearing a dress I assure I'd want nothing to do with it! :shock: :lol:

:lol:

I'm sure that dress would fit on Meat.

On one of his legs that is.

Dave :twisted:

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 14:30
I'm still trying to imagine what a Crayola wedding looks like! :lmao:

wolfy35
15 Apr 2008, 14:48
Crayola wedding? Thats just being a cheapskate

I want playdoh at mine :p

Monstro
15 Apr 2008, 14:58
i would rather have the right day (and the right man lol)

Just be sure to let me know as soon as you've found him :lmao:

~Helen~
15 Apr 2008, 15:05
I think Aspen's dress is beautiful! :D Though I do get Lucy's comments about the 'perfect dress' (I'm such a girl!) ...that said, if I found the 'perfect dress' it wouldn't bother me whether someone else had worn it before I don't think - especially when you consider the amount of pennies to be saved by having a dress second hand.

However, in reference to there not being many people who would fit in it...at a risk of a thousand daggers now flying my way, being of Aspen-proportions (those of you who've met me'll know I'm kinda tiny!) it's nice to see something available in my size for once! Lol :lol: Seriously, it's not a common size - as several of you said!

Shalln't be putting in a bid though...not getting married anytime soon would make that pointless, plus there's that small issue of the 'perfect dress'...! Hehe!

I'd be interested to see how popular they might be if Aspen auctioned off a lot of the outfits she's worn on stage though...!

15 Apr 2008, 15:56
I did find the perfect dress, i had a big wedding, nearly 16 years ago. More importantly i found the perfect man first time around!

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 16:00
Michelle I think you found a complete angel!!! :lol:

I think we might have to be seeing some of these wedding dresses people have mentioned...(which is real easy for me to say given I can't contribute :lol: )

Hypnobabe
15 Apr 2008, 17:48
If you don't mind me asking Claire, did you enjoy your "big" wedding day?? I can't imagine doing it with bridesmaids, thousnds of flowers and all that business (I forget my other half reads this, I not planning anything I promise!! )

It was fun from a dressing up in the big white dress point of view, but I was so nervous, and stressed from running around trying to make sure everything went well that I don't remember half of it, I don't even remember half the people who attended! The second time around, it was a register office do, with just immediate family and a few very close friends, and then afterwards, we all just went to the nearest pub! Home about teatime, my nephew and his girlfriend (we were all at school together!!) took the stepkids for the night, so we went out for a Chinese - sounds really boring until you realise I'd got a two week old baby at the time, so the passionate honeymoon had to wait until I'd healed a bit!!! :shock: :lmao:

15 Apr 2008, 18:37
Michelle I think you found a complete angel!!! :lol:

I think we might have to be seeing some of these wedding dresses people have mentioned...(which is real easy for me to say given I can't contribute :lol: )

Yep i certainly have! My wedding dress is in the loft, wouldn't fit anyone else so i hung onto it. I was a size 8 when i got married, i am getting down to that now, so i guess for a laugh i could wear it again, or not;) LOL..

Battybarb
15 Apr 2008, 19:13
certainly is a lovely dress,a lot of people now seem to sell their dresses now,a few years ago most people only sold them if it bought them bad memories after broken marriage,i also think the most important thing is getting the right fella and what the wedding actually means,a big wedding now costs the earth

Mick Loaf
15 Apr 2008, 20:07
She got married? Damn it! :( :-P

The Flying Mouse
15 Apr 2008, 20:16
:twisted: As far as i'm concerned it's the wedding and what it means that matters rather than how much it cost and how fancy it is.

I, for one, would be perfectly happy to get on the bus to town with Jo, go the nearest registry office, get married, then get the bus straight back home in time to have our tea in front of this weeks Doctor Who :yep:

I don't need to spend thousands of pounds for Jo to know how much I love her :wink:

Though I rather suspect Jo might have different plans for her big day :bleh: :lmao:

Cpl Mickey
15 Apr 2008, 21:51
My Granddad died 11months before i got married, so my wedding present from my Nan paying for the material and pattern and having my dress hand made. It was lovely, i had 3 bridesmaids and a page boy and married the man of my dreams. That is nearly 25 years ago (come 9th july this year) and we are as soppy now as we ever were. x

Blackkat13
16 Apr 2008, 04:27
Too bad my sister already ordered her dress for her wedding. I don't think it would fit her but it is a lovely dress though.

lorenzoduke
16 Apr 2008, 09:11
I read about this on My Space as she offered it there too, which I thought was a lovely idea to offer it within her "internet family" and it certainly is a beautiful dress (if not a little small! :lol: ) but I can't imagine buying a wedding dress knowing it's already on someone else's wedding pics :?

What is Aspen's myspace address (assuming its not a private one)?

~Helen~
16 Apr 2008, 09:30
What is Aspen's myspace address (assuming its not a private one)?

http://www.myspace.com/aspenmiller :-)

LucyK!
16 Apr 2008, 10:50
The second time around, it was a register office do, with just immediate family and a few very close friends, and then afterwards, we all just went to the nearest pub! Home about teatime, my nephew and his girlfriend (we were all at school together!!) took the stepkids for the night, so we went out for a Chinese...

My Mum did it like that and loved it. My step dad had been married before so they got married at the register office with just family (though Mum being the youngest of 8 that was still a lot of people) then back home for a BBQ in the garden which I'd spent all morning decorating, only for it to pour down with rain, the garden flooded and the whole family ended up in the house in any corner or cupboard they could fit into

rabblerouser
16 Apr 2008, 17:30
I have to walk with crutches so my weeding dress had to be practical not even near my dream but I had one of the best and most important days of my life by saying how much we love each other in front of family and friends which is what mattered most!

MeatGrl1
16 Apr 2008, 17:42
Wow !
That's nice thanks for posting and I wonder why she's selling it, my mum still has her suit she married in !!

djfierce
16 Apr 2008, 17:55
says its to do with storage

allrevvedup
17 Apr 2008, 10:48
She got married? Damn it! :( :-P

My thoughts exactly...that's my only reason to post on this thread!

angelica
17 Apr 2008, 22:29
It is a really pretty dress ... but I agree with what some people said I can't understand why she's sold it!

We've been married nearly 11 years ... and I could'nt part with my dress ... it cost quite a lot at the time and had to be saved up for ... but it was the 'perfect' dress for me ... and as for storage ... the loft, a cupboard it doesnt take up that much space!

Saying that though the wedding ceremony and what it means both of you is the most important thing!

~Helen~
18 Apr 2008, 01:38
Wow !
That's nice thanks for posting and I wonder why she's selling it

Being relatively newly single, all this talk of weddings is rather depressing lol...but I'll get my two-penneth in anyway ;)

It's always struck me that wedding dresses are very expensive for something you are only ever going to wear once - and then possibly have stored in a box for the rest of your life (and therefore financially, selling it seems a sensible idea!). No longer are the days when wedding dresses would traditionally be passed down to daughters / grand daughters etc - styles change, people want their 'perfect dress' etc... and so I guess selling it is logical - it takes up space you could use for something else and is of no use tucked away. The photographs (and your own memories of the day) would serve as lasting reminder of the beautiful dress...and whilst I accept it's a big and important day and therefore you want to look amazing and it is right to cherish all your memories, the material things like dresses aren't the most important thing - but your declaration of love for each other and the meaning of the actual vows you take is what is. And back to talking in terms of the dress, as Aspen said in her Ebay auction, she...

decided to sell it in the hopes that it can be a part of another bride's beautiful day!!

Which I think makes sense just as much as the storage thing - it makes more sense to me for a beautiful dress to be making someone else happy than being stored away somewhere never to be used or seen for years if at all! Yes we love to keep things for the memories, but as I already said, you can see how amazing it looked in the photographs, and I doubt I would ever forget my wedding day (if I ever got married, lol).

Hmmm waffling lots so shutting up now. But hopefully at least some of my point made sense!!!

:-)

lorenzoduke
18 Apr 2008, 18:40
http://www.myspace.com/aspenmiller :-)

Ahhhh.....thanks.

Well, if she's going to hide it away at an obscure address like that....;)