PDA

View Full Version : MEET & GREET PACKAGES FOR GERMANY DATES NOW AVAILABLE

RSSRobot
15 Apr 2008, 04:48
Meet and Greet packages for Meat Loaf's Germany concerts are now available. CLICK HERE TO BUY THE TICKET PACKAGES19th July 2008, ...

More... (http://www.meatloaf.net/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=305)

RadioMaster
15 Apr 2008, 08:26
so the m&g tickets are 240€, while a general admission ticket is 50€...
am I the only one who thinks this is rip off? :wtf:

wolfy35
15 Apr 2008, 11:46
Ummmm. NO that price is a rip off

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 12:00
so the m&g tickets are 240€, while a general admission ticket is 50€...
am I the only one who thinks this is rip off? :wtf:

what does that work out in £'s?

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 12:10
About £195.

djfierce
15 Apr 2008, 12:24
About £195.

Pretty much the same as the uk ones then.
Well i guess it's down to personal preference and what type of fan you are....some people would love to the meet the man they have idolised for most their life, others are just happy with a great show, neither indicates a bigger fan. Some fans will pay it for the chance to meet him and the other benefits of the package to make the day a little bit more special, financial value?? I'm not sure how you could say whats too expensive for that experience, some artists never offer anything like that so their fans would probably pay more than that for the chance. Also if that amount is way out of your means i guess it is expensive, i dont think i know anyone that paid this in previous tours that says it wasnt worth it so take from that what you will.

Having said that, some people have paid £170 odd, for liverpool just to sit in 10th row and a drink after. Now i do consider THAT a rip off. (sorry T, could only think of you as an example ;) ) there is no personal element imo you can easily work out if the free drinks and food plus ok i guess seat is better than just going to a pub afterwards, or paying an extra £20 or so to meet Meat as well ;)

samurai7
15 Apr 2008, 16:20
Having said that, some people have paid £170 odd, for liverpool just to sit in 10th row and a drink after. Now i do consider THAT a rip off. (sorry T, could only think of you as an example ;) ) there is no personal element imo you can easily work out if the free drinks and food plus ok i guess seat is better than just going to a pub afterwards, or paying an extra £20 or so to meet Meat as well ;)

I did that. But I'm gonna try and drink £170 worth of free booze to make up for it ;)

RadioMaster
15 Apr 2008, 16:45
Pretty much the same as the uk ones then.
Well i guess it's down to personal preference and what type of fan you are....some people would love to the meet the man they have idolised for most their life, others are just happy with a great show, neither indicates a bigger fan. Some fans will pay it for the chance to meet him and the other benefits of the package to make the day a little bit more special, financial value?? I'm not sure how you could say whats too expensive for that experience, some artists never offer anything like that so their fans would probably pay more than that for the chance. Also if that amount is way out of your means i guess it is expensive, i dont think i know anyone that paid this in previous tours that says it wasnt worth it so take from that what you will.

yes, but the difference to the uk shows is that the general tickets would be 30 pounds, so the difference between 30 and 200 is even more. I personally dont see any reason why the meet and greet package has to be this price, when you dont even get the gold cirle thing you get with the uk tickets.
judging from the uk packages the m&g value is roughly 150 pounds (200 - 50), so if this is the value the german ones should have been 180 pounds then.
Dont get me wrong, i would love to buy one of the m&g packages as well, and im happy for everyone that did, and will get the oportunity to meet him, but for me this looks like .net just chose a random price as they know the fans will pay it. They could also have sold them at 300 or 350 pounds, without any extra benefit, and people still would have bought them, and thats what i call rip off.

LucyK!
15 Apr 2008, 16:53
For me personally it comes down to whether I want the Meet and Greet or not, and I do, so I'll pay it (though something about that doesn't quite sit right with me but that's a whole other thing!)...in terms of the packages being value for money though I think they're way too expensive.

From what I can gether so far, the seats offered in the packages aren't better than those sold via Ticketmaster (with the exception of Liverpool I hope), we get a "t-shirt" which isn't specified to be exclusive so I'd assume it's a regular one that'll be on a merchandise stand, which although I don't mind as it's money that'd be spent at some point anyway it'd be nice to be offered something that others aren't. We get a VIP laminate which I can only judge by the quality of those sent out last November, enough said there I think, a promotional photo, and guitar picks which Meat and the band throw off the stage anyway....so unless the seats offered are better than those available on Ticketmaster, it's looking like 155 quid for a pic with Meat :?

samurai7
15 Apr 2008, 17:52
have I missed something?! Have M&G packages gone on sale for Liverpool?

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 19:02
have I missed something?! Have M&G packages gone on sale for Liverpool?

Nope not yet ... they're still "TBA" on .net

samurai7
15 Apr 2008, 19:05
Nope not yet ... they're still "TBA" on .net

how come when I click on the 'buy now' links for ticket packages (on the venues that have them) it lets me buy them even though I'm not a paid member? Would have thought that these packages were for paid-up members only...

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 19:10
how come when I click on the 'buy now' links for ticket packages (on the venues that have them) it lets me buy them even though I'm not a paid member? Would have thought that these packages were for paid-up members only...

You'd have thought so wouldn't you?

Monstro
15 Apr 2008, 19:15

You'd have thought so wouldn't you?

I've composed a post on that subject several times to put on the site but have yet to find the words that wont get me banned lol

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 19:17
I left about five paragraphs in my head about 4 minutes ago ;-)

Monstro
15 Apr 2008, 19:20
I noticed it Friday, used a computer at work without logging into site, kinda just adds to the farcical nature of the whole thing.

RadioMaster
15 Apr 2008, 19:25
so you can buy the fanclub packages without being a paid member?
LMAO this is priceless

AndyK
15 Apr 2008, 19:28
It was mentioned on .Net that they'd be available to members only initially for a limited time and then to the general public thereafter, so that could be what's happened?

Sapphire Lady
15 Apr 2008, 19:46
Paying for a Meet and Greet doesn't quite sit right with me either. Doesn't seem right that they're only available to those with the money to pay for them or those who don't have the spare cash but are willing to make sacrifices to be able to afford it. Can't understand why Meat, or any other artist, would want to see that.

I thought the competition/draw way was much nicer.

The Flying Mouse
15 Apr 2008, 20:08
Paying for a Meet and Greet doesn't quite sit right with me either. Doesn't seem right that they're only available to those with the money to pay for them or those who don't have the spare cash but are willing to make sacrifices to be able to afford it. Can't understand why Meat, or any other artist, would want to see that.

:twisted: I've got to say I agree.

For an artist like Meat, who has always given such dedication to his fans, to start selling M&G's for money is such a real shame.
I understand that more and more artists are doing it these days, but these new artists haven't spent 30 years gaining a reputation as somebody who takes the time to meet fans because he's always believed it should be him thanking us rather than the other way round.

Let's face it, what will a couple of hundred $ buy you in LA golf club?

I could even dig it if the M&G money went to some charity, but paying the artist for a M&G is turning the artist into a product to be hocked.

Battybarb
15 Apr 2008, 23:31
I noticed it Friday, used a computer at work without logging into site, kinda just adds to the farcical nature of the whole thing.

Does make you wonder why we are paying to be members of .net :??: :mad:

LucyK!
16 Apr 2008, 10:37
I understand that more and more artists are doing it these days, but these new artists haven't spent 30 years gaining a reputation as somebody who takes the time to meet fans because he's always believed it should be him thanking us rather than the other way round.

Completely agree. Whether they're intended to or not, to meet him having won a prize draw does feel like a thank you for supporting him (and for all the disruption that goes with it!), or even at things like the signings or golf events where he's "available" for everyone to meet...I actually feel embarrassed going home and telling people that I'll be meeting Meat because I've bought it, I feel like I've paid my way backstage which I hate :(

AndyK
16 Apr 2008, 11:02
Let's face it, what will a couple of hundred $ buy you in LA golf club?

I'd be surprised if Meat himself sees any of the money from the cost of the packages, over and above the fee he gets from the promoters for appearing at the show (which won't be insignificant).

Once you take out the cost of the merchandise (which admittedly won't be massive) and then the cost of the logisitics ... for example on HOTD Kelli who was the M&G coordinator travelled with the crew, so there's her wages, living expenses, hotel bills etc to take into account. The rest will more than likely just sit in the bank account of Fanfire. .

It's really nothing more than legalised touting with a handful of freebies.

Ankie
16 Apr 2008, 13:37
It's really nothing more than legalised touting with a handful of freebies.

Well said, Andy!

Battybarb
16 Apr 2008, 17:43
Ditto !

allrevvedup
17 Apr 2008, 11:21
And while I agree with all that, it'll come down to a number of things i believe...

For one a lot of money was lost with the last part of the tour being cancelled and if there's one thing that artists, management, record companies and promoters do not like it is losing money.

If the tour had fully completed last year I would imagine that meet would have continued to have done the meet and greet by lottery on .net

The other thing is that the likes of Meat realise that they cannot go on forever and realise that they have a market and that people would love to meet them, it's the story to tell the grandkid as such and the picture to hang up on the wall and show at house parties.

In my case I'm doing it because it's a one time deal, it'll be the culmination of something that I've been nearly obsessed with since late 1992/ early 93 and because of that it'll be fun and the money, while extreme, will be worth paying.

Everywhere you look for events promoters are trying to make more for the experience, I'm going to see Paul McCartney at Anfield on the 1st June and having already paid £75 each for tickets "won" in a lottery, I have been sent emails from the promoters advising me that I can upgrade by paying £550 for champagne reception, free bar in the Reds Bar section.

Liverpool FC advertise the same kind of thing by selling packages in the Reds Bar for £70 when for seats in the centenary stand which would normal cost around £36 and the travel companies lap them up because they know people will buy them.

At the end of it all it's a business and while this credit crunch exists people will try to make money in whatever way they can..

LucyK!
17 Apr 2008, 12:10
Good points :up:

At the end of the day the prices aren't good at all, but if we're daft enough to pay them then that's our fault! :lol: We've just paid over £400 to not be front row for a show which I massively object to, but no-one made us buy them :?

djfierce
17 Apr 2008, 12:26
i agree completely Mike, yes it would be nice if the meets were free but also with the lottery type situation of last tour, while really cool for those that won, it narrowed the chance of others seeing him, also some people won more than once, now dont get me wrong i am dead chuffed for everyone who got the experience. One of my closer friends won one and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy imo so i'm not bitter.

But incorporating them into the ticket package gives those that didnt get an opportunity before to meet him, i personally would rather pay it and have met the man i've idolised since being a littlun than not do it because of the price. We've scrambled around to buy ours and the money certainly didnt just pop up for us, sacrifices were made and thats the decision we made as we thought it was worth it.
At the end of the day if you dont agree with the price then you dont have to pay it, it all comes down to what you personally want from a show.

I look at it this way...when i finally got the money for a meet and greet last time around he stopped doing them....i missed out on the signing and personal appearances because of being a new mum (cough..and things/people i cant mention on public board) i dont know if those opportunities are gonna come around again, at meat's age everything he does is a bonus to me so the meets are being offered again i aint gonna pass it up and regret it later on. I'm not expecting a great dialogue with him by any means but i am happy for the opportunity.

ROSIE
17 Apr 2008, 12:28
didn;t we have the same discussion a few years ago!!!

OK I'll shut up

Rosie

djfierce
17 Apr 2008, 12:29
lol not all of us were around a few years ago lol i for one joined at the end of hotd tour ;)

ROSIE
17 Apr 2008, 12:31
Now I feel old:shock: just proves nothing changes

Rosie

djfierce
17 Apr 2008, 12:40
not old hun, just took me a long time to get on the internet lol i've probably sat next you at some point at a show and not known it lol but you're right nothing does seem to change lol

Monstro
17 Apr 2008, 16:08
not old hun, just took me a long time to get on the internet lol i've probably sat next you at some point at a show and not known it lol but you're right nothing does seem to change lol

You have met lol

http://media.mlxxfc.net/AANDR.jpg

djfierce
17 Apr 2008, 16:17
lol read my post hun. i meant before i got online and knew who was who, we probably met and didn't know it, we obviously knew each other then :roll:

ROSIE
17 Apr 2008, 16:26
OK which one are you then??????

Rosie

Monstro
17 Apr 2008, 16:28
OK which one are you then??????

Rosie

PMSL

djfierce
17 Apr 2008, 16:29
lmao

wolfy35
19 Apr 2008, 23:36
Sorry to say it and I know that I will probably be blasted by all and sundry for saying this but the idea of charging for a M&G makes me think that Meat has sold his fans out purely for the sake of money.

Meat has always said that he values his fans but now it seems that its not the fans that are important its the people who are willing or able to pay.

allrevvedup
20 Apr 2008, 00:31
Sorry to say it and I know that I will probably be blasted by all and sundry for saying this but the idea of charging for a M&G makes me think that Meat has sold his fans out purely for the sake of money.

Meat has always said that he values his fans but now it seems that its not the fans that are important its the people who are willing or able to pay.

see my last post for reasons why this is the case, imo...

I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day the only reason we all get up in the morning is for the weekly wage...so if Meat feels he has something that people will pay money for, who are we to stop him doing that when we are the very ones who would buy what he is selling

duke knooby
20 Apr 2008, 00:47
see my last post for reasons why this is the case, imo...

I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day the only reason we all get up in the morning is for the weekly wage...so if Meat feels he has something that people will pay money for, who are we to stop him doing that when we are the very ones who would buy what he is selling

and maybe meat has little choice in this instance... he needs to be able to give the fan club folks the special priviledges only a paid up fan member can get

20 Apr 2008, 01:03

Well it sits just right with me and my hubby as well as several of my friends. I think you will find that some people do not have the money, but are putting them on credit cards and paying for them over a period of time.
I hear what you are saying regarding people in the situation of not been able to afford a M&G, but personally i am quite happy to pay £200, well make that £400 when you count my hubby as well!!!
I do feel for those who can't afford it, but there are gonna be an awful lot of very happy people out there who are having their dream come true, regardless of the fact they have had to pay for it. So by doing it, Meat is pleasing a lot of his fans, unfortunately some will not be pleased about this arrangement.

Monstro
20 Apr 2008, 01:21
It's not always been this way though, some tours there's been no M&G's and some tours there's been a free to enter draw for them. This tour we've had to pay for them, so be it, we've made sacrafices for them, some can buy them in the blink of an eye and some just can't justify or afford them.

Guess there's no way everyone was gonna be happy with whatever the M&G arrangements were, personally I'll settle for it.

Battybarb
20 Apr 2008, 10:14
It's not always been this way though, some tours there's been no M&G's and some tours there's been a free to enter draw for them. This tour we've had to pay for them, so be it, we've made sacrafices for them, some can buy them in the blink of an eye and some just can't justify or afford them.

Guess there's no way everyone was gonna be happy with whatever the M&G arrangements were, personally I'll settle for it.

Totally agree,whatever way it is done there are always gonna be people who are not happy with it.I have been lucky enough to have been on won m&g and i have bought a m&g this time,i know its a lot of money and i have had to make sacrifices,but for me it is worth it as it could be my last chance as health aint to good might not be able to go again ,also on the point that Meat has sold his fans out by charging for the m&g a lot of it is probably to do with the management company..

Battybarb
20 Apr 2008, 10:15
You have met lol

Lovely pic by the way... :-)

wolfy35
20 Apr 2008, 19:22
and maybe meat has little choice in this instance... he needs to be able to give the fan club folks the special priviledges only a paid up fan member can get

But this is not the case is it? It is not just Meat offering his fan club members the chance to meet him albeit for a price. Anyone can buy the right for a M&G and that is where by biggest objection starts. I know of someone who has purchased multiple M&G tickets not because he or anyone he intends to take are fans in any way but because they are being given to customers as an incentive to place orders.

If the M&G option was a fan club only thing I would be prepared to make sure I got one but they are not and because of this I feel that whoever made the decision to let them go on open sale rather than fan only has in a way betrayed the loyalty of Meat's fans, They will end up in the hands of people who do not value the experience .

djfierce
20 Apr 2008, 19:33
well i would assume that person will have a shock or whoever they are giving them to because as far as i understand you have to be the credit card holder to pick the tickets up.

20 Apr 2008, 19:38
But a lot of people will appreciate the experience, who will cherish it for the rest of their lives. Its a case of peoples own principles and what they are happy with. IMO there is not a right or wrong answer here, its down to individuals own thoughts on the matter.

djfierce
20 Apr 2008, 19:39
Exactly.

Battybarb
20 Apr 2008, 20:47
totally agree

meatloaf-unofficial
22 Apr 2008, 11:35
You have met lol

Firstly can I say that the RAh was great as it was the first time I met most of you all... I also got my picture with Dot and Rosie.
oh and I nearly forgot - am I right in saying that I heard a rumour that Dot and Rosie were in some paper review about Meats show, saying that they were true party folk... or along the lines with their novelty hairbands:D

it was fun meeting you all...

i agree completely Mike, yes it would be nice if the meets were free but also with the lottery type situation of last tour, while really cool for those that won, it narrowed the chance of others seeing him, also some people won more than once, now dont get me wrong i am dead chuffed for everyone who got the experience. One of my closer friends won one and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy imo so i'm not bitter.

But incorporating them into the ticket package gives those that didnt get an opportunity before to meet him, i personally would rather pay it and have met the man i've idolised since being a littlun than not do it because of the price. We've scrambled around to buy ours and the money certainly didnt just pop up for us, sacrifices were made and thats the decision we made as we thought it was worth it.
At the end of the day if you dont agree with the price then you dont have to pay it, it all comes down to what you personally want from a show.

I look at it this way...when i finally got the money for a meet and greet last time around he stopped doing them....i missed out on the signing and personal appearances because of being a new mum (cough..and things/people i cant mention on public board) i dont know if those opportunities are gonna come around again, at meat's age everything he does is a bonus to me so the meets are being offered again i aint gonna pass it up and regret it later on. I'm not expecting a great dialogue with him by any means but i am happy for the opportunity.

I agree there. I am really chuffed at those who won it and some who won it more than once but when its like that imo, should it not of been that you can only win it once to make it possible for others to win...

But in the tickets with meet and Greet I think its a fab idea. I know you have to be crazy to pay but if its for someone that you have liked since being small, then you would pay for it. Being my case, and london comes on sale, I'll buy it as I have missed out on many meet and greet opurtunities over the year, so this could be my year!

it will also be great to have something that you can treasure and look back on the great memories and how you met a true rock legend back in the day :-) - not everyone in the world could say that lol....

Ross

ROSIE
22 Apr 2008, 13:31
Must be a rumour Ross never heard of that review before, but if you find it let me know and I can make sure the family are redirected away from it

Rosie

meatloaf-unofficial
23 Apr 2008, 18:19
Must be a rumour Ross never heard of that review before, but if you find it let me know and I can make sure the family are redirected away from it

Rosie

GOd I'm trying to rattle my brains on where I heard it from... It was ages ago now.... God this will bug me all night!