PDA

View Full Version : Former Neverland Express Members

Renegade Angel
27 Apr 2003, 14:39
What happens to these people when they leave the band?
I ask this as there have been many members over the years but yet you never seem to hear about them after they leave?
What for instance is Pat Thrall, Bob Kulick, Alan Merrill, Amy & Elaine Goff, Damon La Scott, Steve Buslowe, Andy Wells and Paul Jacobs doing?

I wonder if Meat stays in touch with any of them?

Shane
27 Apr 2003, 14:45
I don't know much, perhaps an internet search would reveal something.

I did do a search on Pat Thrall. I think he is still involved in the music scene. I think he is collaborating with someone else on writing songs and making music. The name Hughes comes to mind.

I remember Damon wrote a letter which made its way around the Meat community when he left. He said he just wanted to move on to the next big thing.

Ray Andersen also wrote a letter or made a statement which made its way around the Meat community when he left. He is the guy who makes music for kids, and he left to devote more time to that.

I haven't heard anything about the others. I've tried to search for Steve Buslowe, and haven't found anything except an outdated page from when he was still in the band.

If you find anything about any of the former members, post it here. I'd be keen to know.

evil nickname
27 Apr 2003, 15:50
Someone (on the Steinman forum) asked me who were in the NLE way on one of the early tours.
So I looked it up and when I posted the list, including Steve Buslowe, I asked "Whatever happened to him?" and a couple of days later he emailed me, saying that (if I remember it correctly) that he was 'retired' from the music scene....

That email is long since disappeared, but it was nice of him to respond that way!

Renegade Angel
27 Apr 2003, 16:06
Thanks for the info - it was kind of him to personally tell you himself.
He was a great Bass player and I have very fond memories of seeing him play Live, although I must say that Kasim is doing a great job on Bass at the moment.

Michael Marxen
27 Apr 2003, 22:49
Steve Buslowe worked as a reall estate agent for a while but has returned to his passion and is currently teaching bass in Connecticutt.

Dave
28 Apr 2003, 05:26
Tom Brislin (Loard Of The Keys) is still quite active in music. His band Spiraling is still rocking the club scene all over the USA.

http://www.spiraling.net

Hope that helps!

tbuck
28 Apr 2003, 07:55
Thanks Michael,
last I heard Steve was selling real estate in Boston (?) and was very content. Nice to know he is sharing his talent with some lucky students today, how cool!

T

dottie
28 Apr 2003, 10:28
Bob Kulick - www.guitar9.com/summbobkulick

evil nickname
28 Apr 2003, 10:52
Bruce Kulick (early BOOH tours) was of course in Kiss and has now his own band with the former singer of Motley Crue called Union. Bet he has done more, but this is from the top of my head.

Karla de Vito has at least done one solo album: "Is This A Cool World Or What??" (which features Heaven Can Wait), and appears on albums by Jim Steinman and the Blue Oyster Cult... bet she has done more that that too....

Muppetloaf
06 May 2003, 10:40
:D Theres a great web page with info on all current members and plenty of links/info on past members at

http://www.wheezieprod.com/NLE.html

hope it may help! :D

Bart
06 May 2003, 14:44

Thanx Dottie. I really miss his appearance on stage.

dottie
06 May 2003, 21:20

Thanx Dottie. I really miss his appearance on stage.

I've missed you Bart - haven't chatted for quite a while - going away soon :??:

Bart
06 May 2003, 22:32
yeah, we're going to Lanzarote on 22nd of May :D .
Nice that you remember it. :D

dottie
06 May 2003, 22:37
yeah, we're going to Lanzarote on 22nd of May :D .
Nice that you remember it. :D

Have a lovely time Bart - remember to look out for the Meat Loaf bars if you get a minute :lol:

love dottie
xxx

Bart
06 May 2003, 22:47
I have been there already in September and they have only a Holland Bar :( , nothing Meaty :(

tbuck
07 May 2003, 08:07
Well unfortunately it looks like Pearl will join the list of former NLE members. Don't know if all here read the other thread, but it is true, Pearl will not be on this next tour.

Had the good fortune to see her a few times on the last tour. Hearing her, and especially her solos I know she is a great talent. If she couldn't sing she wouldn't have been in Dad's band, despite those who cry nepotism.

I wish her the best in her future ventures.

T

dottie
07 May 2003, 10:22
I have been there already in September and they have only a Holland Bar :( , nothing Meaty :(

Oh Bart thats :( Have a great time anyway

ChoccyBat
09 May 2003, 11:52
Well that is a dissapoinment that Pearl will not be in the tour. I saw her at Liverpool last year and she was great, but after hearing her simply awesome performance on the Man of Steel track I was looking forward to seeing her, and especially hearing her. Oh well never mind, I'm sure Patti will suffice!! :wink:

Louise
09 May 2003, 12:06
Pity Pat Thrall left. I thought he was quite nice to look at as well as being a great guitarist :lol: