PDA

View Full Version : Buy Your Meat Loaf Concert... Would you?

Kev
29 Feb 2008, 16:55
With the news of Meat might too again, it gives me chance to air out this idea. As many of you know I work for Townsend Records and lots of you have ordered Meaty stuff from us in the past.

This year we've taking over the workings of a company called Concert Live. They were the National Start Up Business of 2006 winners. They basically properly record live shows from various artists, master them and then the master is sent to us for production.

Most shows are limited to 1000 copies and orders are mainly taken at the shows and on the Concert Live (http://www.concertlive.co.uk) website.

Usually there is a bundle option of the live album of your choice and a single multi-buy. Much like what we've done in the past. All the recordings are perfectly legal and signed deals with the artists and record companies etc.

So you'd get the show you've been to (or any other thats been recorded) along with whatever formats the single comes out in.

So far this year we've managed to get Madness in the top 20, Wet Wet Wet back in the top 10, We're going to get Jimmy Eats World in the top ten on the 9th March and we've just got the orders for Hard-Fi which would hit the top 10 too.

Is this something the people here would be interested in? Should Meat announce a tour of sorts I could start banging away at this end for the guys to get something sorted and would pretty much mean we all get whatever shows we want and Meat back in the charts.

Thoughts/Questions?

SuperLoafMan
29 Feb 2008, 17:00
Sounds like a good idea to me Kev,

I would really like a copy of the Meat concert that I had been to and add it to the collection. These other recorded ones are awesome but its nothing like having a copy of the concert that you have been to and re-living the experience over and over again when you watch it. Crack on Meat, lets get this tour announced!! ;)

allrevvedup
29 Feb 2008, 17:04
I went to Newcastle to see Hall and Oates with my mum a couple of years ago (her 50th birthday present) and bought a cd of the show, they burned and mixed it for everyone in around 20 mins.

Thing is you hear absolutely everything, including dropped notes and all so it would be very much raw, nothing touched up.

K1ttycat
29 Feb 2008, 17:28
My husband had this done for the Genesis concert last summer and ordered the cds which he was really happy with. I think there might have been a dvd - not sure if he got that though.

Heg19
29 Feb 2008, 17:40
Sounds great they also recorded the audio for Bill Bailey and Wet wet wet at Sheffield arena and you could buy it afterwards. I'd love meat to do that and i'd definately buy it! Great idea

Kev
29 Feb 2008, 17:59
Ah good, glad some of you have heard of them etc. The more interest there is the more I have to go at them with.

Hopefully they could then put together a package thats suitable for Meat and his management etc.

I know I'd prob buy them all as I'm a sucker for wanting to hear live stuff and bootlegs etc, of course, this wouldn't be a boot though.

meatloaf-unofficial
29 Feb 2008, 18:19
I think its a FAB Idea and hopefully Meat would agree too....
Would be great to hear a concert recorded live in the Uk again, Meat didn't do many of them as I remeber.... and also to get him back in the charts and to also capture some of the edited songs to, you kow the ones with new intro and Land Of The Pigs finally done live and recorded :-)

Come on then, lets get a tour announced, we know there will be one as Meat said on .net forum so Kev, get talking buisness to your guys :lol:

meatloaf-unofficial
29 Feb 2008, 18:21
adding on:

how long would it normally take, does it take a while for it all to be complete and on the shelves for sale?

Kev
29 Feb 2008, 18:54
It's not something you could buy in the stores as they're not allowed to be released to retailers. That's part of the agreement with the artists record company. They could only be picked up by ordering on the concert live website or from they guys at the shows. Wet Wet Wet made it to the top 10 with our help and Meat is a much bigger artist so there is no reason why this wouldn't get him there again. All this is of course if Concert Live would be interested and if Meat was interested, but its a thought.

If you check their site, theres a very impressive list of artists so far.

young at heart
29 Feb 2008, 19:27
what a great idea,even more so for a dvd so i could just keep watching Randy, so please could we have plenty of zoom on him, thanks:-P

belladonna-took
29 Feb 2008, 19:33
I'll buy it that's for certain!

wolfy35
29 Feb 2008, 20:02
In the history of ideas that one qualifies as a good one

Ma.Ra
29 Feb 2008, 20:37
In the history of ideas that one qualifies as a good one

Absolutely right.

evil nickname
01 Mar 2008, 13:48
If they were internationally available, I might consider picking up what turns out to be the best one. Meat isn't known for changing the setlist around much, so I doubt I would pick up multiple versions of more or less the same concert.

Kev
01 Mar 2008, 14:29
Yeah, his list is pretty much the same. This would have been great if it was possible around the Bat 3/RAH era.

We ship items worldwide. :)

meatloaf-unofficial
01 Mar 2008, 15:15
it would of been ideal for the RAH show... but thats in the past, lets face with the future gigs....

A good Outside concert which rumours has it will be another 2005 style tour, would be great as a recording... becuase the songs arrangements maybe different and new songs added to the list perhaps :-)

Have you already hinted the issue of Meat Loaf to them Kev? and if so did they say anything?

ChloeLee88
01 Mar 2008, 17:35
Yeah its a really good idea i got the genesis gig from manchester last yer like this, it was fantastic.

lorenzoduke
02 Mar 2008, 17:31
If Meat changed up the setlist regularly on tour, and threw in a few rarer songs, I'm sure lots of people would love to pick them up - myself included.

meatloaf-unofficial
02 Mar 2008, 19:06
well he did kinda change the setlisting when he came to the UK back in May didn't he? he removed TMIL and added in LOTP which was a good idea though I still like TMIL. The he returned and added DRFL back in the fall before he cancelled the tour.....

I bet they rehearse new songs during sound check and then once they are happy add them into the setlkst if Meat wishes to do so....

Dave
02 Mar 2008, 20:25
This was already bantered around with Meat Loaf back during the CHSIB tour...even though what is now 10th Street (or whatever it is called now) owned the company. I believe the company was called LiveDisc or something. Further, Meat said something on this very message board about releasing tapes from that tour. It never happened.

meatloaf-unofficial
02 Mar 2008, 20:38
Adding from the CHISB Tour - you know the bonus cd on the Australian CD, CHSIB; with the live tracks, could they of been recorded by the company?

Just a thought after reading Dave's post :-)

Dave
02 Mar 2008, 23:44
I doubt it. LiveDisc generally mass creates the CD's right at the venue.

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 13:32
Now we've got some dates, the hard work starts. BUT, I've got the ball rolling. Lets see if anyone will take the idea up eh?

Let's hope so. This could actually get Meat a VERY high chart position. The charts are very slow at the moment and say 10,000 orders over 3 formats AND a download, that'd be 40,000 to the chart alone from this. Most weeks that'd be enough to top the chart.

I'd really push them to try and stick something good on if they were to release a single. The problem being that Universal would be limited to what they have for Meat.

Being realistic, and based on the material that they own, is there anything you'd like to see?

meatloaf-unofficial
07 Mar 2008, 14:08
To me I wouldn't mind which songs were recorded... Obvoisly the mian chart topping songs - BOOH, AFL etc... but as long it was a live show - I really wouldn't mind :-)

Perhaps the Summer Pops show would be a good one to record or one of the outdoor shows??? Make it a unique recording.. different from all the rest and I am sure it would do really well in the charts.. come on its Meat Loaf!

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 14:44
The live albums won't be sold anywhere else, therefore are not counted towards any chart. What would count would be the single multi-buy which comes with the albums (if such a deal can be set up).

It not usually just the one show either, its usually all the tour shows so people from each show buy a copy and they can be ordered on the website etc

Ma.Ra
07 Mar 2008, 15:04
And which song will be the single?

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 15:32
No idea, the idea is still in the works at the moment. what would you have it as?

Ma.Ra
07 Mar 2008, 15:40
It has to be something from bat3, right?

Well I recommend Pigs. We had enough ballads up to know and I think for Meat's reputation a harder song would be interesting.

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 15:49
even more as theres nothing to lose. they should be brave and try something different for once

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 16:01
Thats the thing, most of the stuff coming via the concert live deals seems to be stuff the record company don't seem to be bother about. So just putting anything out. I think Pig too. Its meat, its jim, its new and fresh and don't matter 2 hoots if the radio stations bother playing it at all, as they wouldn't be needed.

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 16:30
the thing i dont get:
How do you wanna make the record company put out a new single if even Meat himself wasnt able to get released what he wanted. (-> BAAB, "two more singles to follow", etc)

edit: oooh, 9,666 posts :devil:

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 16:44
It's quite simple really...

For example, if Meat walks in and says he wants 'x' single released and there isn't any interest from the label or theres no money to put into it etc, there needs to be a way of it being done 'on the cheap'.

So weeks later Meat pops in again and mentiones 'x' single, this time he says he'll be on tour that week, the record company are likely to go for it. No promotion to do and they can just fire out anything out. They're not expecting it to do anything and the artist is happy.

With this, all they need to do is press the CDs/Vinyls, ship it to us and we do the rest. Of course, Meat would be on tour and the concert live guys do all the advertising at the show etc. People like us here drop on forums and word spreads.

1000's people order CDs albums and multi-buys from the various shows.

Theres 4 formats for each order, which of course counts 4 to the chart.

It's perfect for the record companies as they're going to get a high charting title with very little outlay.

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 16:48
got it....very interesting

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 18:49
so how about doing a poll here (and maybe on .net) to see what the fans want as single?
If universal (or whoever) dont care a lot about what song will be chosen anyway, you could give them (or whoever) the results to help them decide.

Monstro
07 Mar 2008, 19:00
so how about doing a poll here (and maybe on .net) to see what the fans want as single?
If universal (or whoever) dont care a lot about what song will be chosen anyway, you could give them (or whoever) the results to help them decide.

Or, alternatively, we could stand on our heads bouncing up and down continually reciting "since when does anybody do what a fan wants"

Sorry, my pessimistic nature where Meat's concerned just wont shut up at times.

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 19:04
i guess creating a poll, printing it and adding it to a letter wouldnt be too much work.
I dont see the chances very good either, but weve got nothing to lose, do we?

Monstro
07 Mar 2008, 19:06
nothing ventured nothing gained...

Kev
07 Mar 2008, 19:38
I think the more people we get talking about it, the more interest and ideas we can create here, the more it will help.

I've got a lot of stuff on our side, but its all soon going to be pretty much out my hands. I've already won our sales director over and he's going to get onto the Concert Live guys and Universal. Then of course, we've to try and get Meat into it.

Most of the artists like the idea as, of course, they collect a large part of each sale so its an extra pay day for them.

Theres loads of ifs and buts but I'd be amazingly obsessed if this was pulled off and Meat got a strong chart position again.

There is the other side, all parties could just say 'piss off' and wasted a lot of time heh :(

Also, I think it was wrong for me to term it as the record companies 'don't bother about', I really should have said they have other things as a priority. I have to watch what I say!!!

RoknRollJesus
07 Mar 2008, 19:46
Thing is you hear absolutely everything, including dropped notes and all so it would be very much raw, nothing touched up.

I've bought these at KISS & Jimmy Buffet shows and have seen them at several others......but I think allrevvedup's point will be the rub.....the artist has no control really of the mixing and distribution. I have a feeling Meat would not enjoy losing that control over his 'product'. I wouldn't. :|

Doesn't mean I wouldn't purchase it though - I love the shows I have purchased...they're great souvenirs!

Evil One
07 Mar 2008, 19:47
I think Bad For Good would be a better choice for a single.

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 19:56
with the promo factor brian may.
but were going to a place here, to which weve been already many times....

meatloaf-unofficial
07 Mar 2008, 19:56
If its single Ideas then I think Land Of The Pigs or Bad For Good as they bare really rocky songs and Jim is invlolved in those so that mjay increase sales a bit too... if people know Jim has a part in it..

Kev, could you not post something on .net for Meat to read.... I see he is visiting it often now....

Evil One
07 Mar 2008, 20:24
with the promo factor brian may.
but were going to a place here, which weve been already many times....
Indeed. What's the betting it would end up being If God Could Talk?!!

RadioMaster
07 Mar 2008, 20:30
lol or cry to heaven

dukesofhazard
07 Mar 2008, 21:18
I would definately be interested in this - can never have too many live Meat recordings.

Any ideas of the pricing?

meatloaf-unofficial
07 Mar 2008, 23:34
I would definately be interested in this - can never have too many live Meat recordings.

Any ideas of the pricing?

I ditto that too :-) - Each concert has different songs or should I say each song is sung differently at each show despite having the same setlists, thats why Meat loves the songs all the time I guess:D

Kev
08 Mar 2008, 00:27
Ross, Its not for me to try and speak to meat directly, it has to go down the proper channels etc.

Pricing? No idea, its not off the ground yet! hah.

Check out www.concertlive.co.uk and see their other stuff.

meatloaf-unofficial
08 Mar 2008, 11:02
Ross, Its not for me to try and speak to meat directly, it has to go down the proper channels etc.

Pricing? No idea, its not off the ground yet! hah.

Check out www.concertlive.co.uk and see their other stuff.

I see... I guess it wasa daft question to ask... sorry

w1sie
08 Mar 2008, 21:28
Sounds like a fantastic idea.
Lets hope it gets off the ground
I can't wait to see Meat again and a live recording of the concert would be brilliant.
Thanks Kev

Kathryn

meat_loaf
09 Mar 2008, 00:21
I'd be really interested in buying some live meat loaf shows but would shows from 2008 and on wards or would use be able to get concerts from various years, I'm really interested in shows from the Midnight at the lost and found, & Bad Attitude tours?

WhenItComes2LovingU
09 Mar 2008, 17:08
I'd be really interested in buying some live meat loaf shows but would shows from 2008 and on wards or would use be able to get concerts from various years, I'm really interested in shows from the Midnight at the lost and found, & Bad Attitude tours?

I think the point is that they tag along on a current tour and record shows from it. Though if Meat were to organize a release of rare shows from his backlog (as he has apparently recorded every show since 1985 for his personal collection) through Concert Live, that would be nice as well.

AndyK
10 Mar 2008, 11:16
H'e not recorded anything through Concert Live to the bets of my knowledge ... a recording taken from the sound desk straight to CD is not necessarily a good enough quality recording for general release ... as we saw on In Search Of Pradise Meat uses the show recordings to review the previous show and to see how it can be improved while preparing for the next show.

Kev
10 Mar 2008, 14:52
No, Meat and Concert Live haven't worked together before. The wheels are in motion though so we'll see if it gets off the ground.

djfierce
10 Mar 2008, 15:52
It would be nice but i just can't see Meat agreeing to this, i can't see him allowing a recording of a show to be sold before he has checked it first

meatloaf-unofficial
10 Mar 2008, 16:41
maybe they might come to some arrangement but I see what where your coming from djfierce - I think he would want to check it out first but then again, he didn't with the CD that was produced from the Bat2 tour or did he?

LucyK!
10 Mar 2008, 16:47
There's no way he'd release anything he hadn't listened to, and I doubt he'd agree to their sale even if he had heard them given there's no time for editing...

meatloaf-unofficial
10 Mar 2008, 17:07
well then it would be a recording of the whole show... what you heard at the show is what you'll hear on the CD :-). You'd be reliving the same show over and over again... how cool would that be??

LucyK!
10 Mar 2008, 17:11
For us, very. But take the second night at MEN last May where the opening for Blind As A Bat was messed up twice and had to be restarted - you think Meat would be happy for a mistake like that to be recorded and sent out on CD for people to repeatedly listen to?!

evil nickname
10 Mar 2008, 17:24
For us, very. But take the second night at MEN last May where the opening for Blind As A Bat was messed up twice and had to be restarted - you think Meat would be happy for a mistake like that to be recorded and sent out on CD for people to repeatedly listen to?!

For me, that is the reason why I expect this probably won't happen. Meat seems very critical about his own performances, and I can't imagine him releasing a string of concerts 'as is'.

RadioMaster
10 Mar 2008, 17:33

I pretty much agree, but you have to see that this recording wouldnt be released to the general public but only the people whove been to the show/heard the original live, so it wouldnt influence anyone who hasnt heard it already.
If Meat himself sees it like that is another question (and i doubt it)

LucyK!
10 Mar 2008, 17:37
The shows not being on general release would limit the audience that heard any mistakes, but living in the age that we do of burning our own cds then there'd inevitably be more copies in circulation than those sold at the shows...granted not a lot but there'd be some, and if Meat's not happy with the show then from his point of view that's "some" too many

The Flying Mouse
10 Mar 2008, 17:51
:twisted: Actually, if Meat was concerned about the quality of recordings on the night, he'd be better off going with a plan like this.

Hands up anyone who believes there isn't at least one bootleg of the concert that Lucy mentioned :roll:

Now, if Meat was going to allow the sale of recordings on the night, at least there could be a quick edit job done on the night.

Nothing fancy you understand, just a chance to delete any mistakes like a false start on a song.
Especially if there is an intival, as the first half of the show could be given a lot of extra attention while Meat plays the second half.
I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could pretty much edit the song Meat has just finished as he starts singing the next.

OK, what you end up with is not the kind of thing Meat would qualify as shop shelf quality, but if people buy the CD on the night, and trade them (and don't think they won't be traded :roll: ) then at least it's copies that had the benefit of a quick tweak, and not a bootleg that has every little mistake on it.

And if there are 500 copies of the ML release, and 5 bootleg recordings, the bootleg is going to be far in the minority.

Could even make bootlegs as we know them a thing of the past :shock:

LucyK!
10 Mar 2008, 17:53
It's a theory, but who's expected to do the editing while Meat's playing the second half?

AndyK
10 Mar 2008, 17:58
I'd imagine from Meat's point of view that he'd want to have final approval of any live material that is released of his show's and that's just not going to happen straight after a concert. The guy has enough to contend with as it is.

It's pretty clear to me, from watching In Search Of Paradise, what Meat's views on this would be, and whilst I applaud Kev's efforts, I really can't see it coming to any fruition.

The Flying Mouse
10 Mar 2008, 18:02
:twisted: As Andy says, Meat IS a perfectionist to almost the point of being OCD, and this process does not promote crystal clear clarity that Meat would qualify for the shop shelf.

But if he DID decide to go with it, i'm sure there must be a couple of people he knows that he can trust to do him justice :wink:

LucyK!
10 Mar 2008, 18:07
Just to reiterate from Andy's post, full credit to Kev for even thinking of putting this in motion...it's a great idea and I'm sure it works for a lot of artists, I'm just not sure if Meat is one of them

The Flying Mouse
10 Mar 2008, 18:09
:twisted: Yeah, kudos to Kev on the effort :up:

RadioMaster
10 Mar 2008, 18:15
one thing we have to keep in mind here:
Hes in the business for over 30 years.....the chances are very hight that at least once one of those live recording companies went to him or the management with the offer for a contract with them. It's their job and they want as much work as possible right?

So if he wanted to do this, or in other words, if he wouldnt be against something like that, it whould have much likely already happened.

dukesofhazard
10 Mar 2008, 20:44
Still worth a try though, let's just see what happens.

meatloaf-unofficial
10 Mar 2008, 20:57

As Meat once said, its Rock N Roll, anything goes and besides; it's live and mistakes do happen so it would also show that the recording hasn't been tampered with (ie: being redubber etc.. in a studio). Also imo; its doesn't matter if there are problems, its all in the show and really its just a minor problems like that... he was into it and got lost or something like that...

Overall though, I think the only way we can clarify if this is gonna work is to wait until we get some kind of feedback from Meat and co. Its all right assuming something but without official word/comment on this, I can see this thread going on forever and ever.... Guess my guess is good as yours but we'll have to see what comes of it all when Kev gets word from the company and oif he manages to as he might not. Thanks though for your hard work so far :-)

meatloaf-unofficial
06 May 2008, 22:28
I was thinking about this and since its coming up soon to the start of the tour, has there been anything new on this issue - will this be possible???

The Flying Mouse
07 May 2008, 22:44
:twisted: Sorry Ross, but I think if anyone had heard anything new, I think it would have been posted by now.

meatloaf-unofficial
07 May 2008, 23:58
just thought I'd ask

allrevvedup
08 May 2008, 01:05
No, Meat and Concert Live haven't worked together before. The wheels are in motion though so we'll see if it gets off the ground.

Just wondering if this is the surprise Meat has been referring to?

djfierce
08 May 2008, 01:08
i cant see it personally, way too risky for him imo

Battybarb
08 May 2008, 01:59
cant see it either,..my mind is working overtime trying to think what the surprise could be

Kev
08 May 2008, 10:57
Nope, it's flopped! Boooo.

I'm now trying to work on some rare and exclusive downloads from our store.

meatloaf-unofficial
10 May 2008, 12:44
its a shame as It might of been great now since Patti is back.

Kev
10 May 2008, 12:53
It simply would have been fantastic. Meat would have made a ton of money from the sales. Universal would have released a single from which we'd have had a huge say in. Meat would have entereted the top 5 in the singles chart again, with ease. Maybe even a number 1. I really put a lot of time and effort into this but what can you do.

meatloaf-unofficial
10 May 2008, 14:06
what kinda reaction did you get from the bosses??
Is there any way us fans could help as a last resort? Potition perhpas? Or is that simply a daft idea.

Kev
10 May 2008, 14:24
We were clearly up for it but not much came back from the other camp. I can't really say much other than its not gonna happen heh :(

Battybarb
10 May 2008, 16:30
dont think there is much chance of it

The Flying Mouse
11 May 2008, 21:30
It simply would have been fantastic. Meat would have made a ton of money from the sales. Universal would have released a single from which we'd have had a huge say in. Meat would have entereted the top 5 in the singles chart again, with ease. Maybe even a number 1. I really put a lot of time and effort into this but what can you do.

:twisted: Think that's going a bit far Kev.
When is the last time a live version of a studio album entered the charts? :shock:

Got in the top ten? :yikes:

To number one? :wtf:

I would have liked to see this come off as the next man, and I can understand how you must feel frustrated for trying to get this going, but you cannot say that Meat has kept himself from high success in the UK singles chart.

Kev
12 May 2008, 12:01
If you'd read over the topic properly, or even that post, you'd have seen I was talking about the single, not a live album.

We've promoted many artists into the top part of the chart this year via the concert live multibuys.

The live album's are not, and cannot, be sold in any stores or anything like that, that's the agreement with all the record companies.

Last live album to reach number 1 I think was RHCP.

I've also not discussed anything of the chats with Meat's side. :-)

The Flying Mouse
12 May 2008, 19:19
It simply would have been fantastic. Meat would have made a ton of money from the sales. Universal would have released a single from which we'd have had a huge say in.

but you cannot say that Meat has kept himself from high success in the UK singles chart.

If you'd read over the topic properly, or even that post, you'd have seen I was talking about the single, not a live album.

:twisted: Actually Kev, you indicate from that post (depending on how you read it I suppose) that a live single would be released from this live album.
(Live singles DO occur, i'e Bat Out Of Hell live from Wembley - 1987, they just never do well).

That is why I replied that a live single of a studio track would not go anywhere :yep:

Still, if you mean that a track from Bat III would be released, then why didn't they do it for the 3 Bats Live DVD release.
Or the 3 Bats Live CD release :roll:

Why would they release a single to coincide flogging a live album recorded at the show and sold with no mastering (basically, a really good quality and perfectly legal bootleg with maybe a nice cover) when they were not prompted to releasing a single for official releases of a live DVD and a live CD?

Kev, might I sugest you take your own advice and read what is said to you before you are rude enough to take that tone with one of the forum staff members and telling him to go and read the thread again :angry:

Kev
14 May 2008, 00:00
I think I was perfectly within my right to ask you to read the post againg as your reply, though correct, was not really relevant to the topic.

Why would the record company do it? Well within the last year they have with The Wombats, Hard-Fi, Jimmy Eat World, Madness, Wet Wet Wet, James Blunt, We Are Scientists, Paramore, Alexonfire, Crowded House, Brett Anderson, Simon Webb and that is to just name a few.

Nowhere in any of my posts have I indicated that a live single would be released.

Although, I do agree that a live single release on its own wouldn't chart. But, with the concert live format, whatever is release would chart. Usually there are 1000 cds pressed from each show. Most of them are sold with a multi-buy of 3 physical formats and a download. So from one show you have the potential of 4,000 chart counting sales. Now add that to whatever comes from other shows on tours and that soon adds up. Hence, the format works and more people are coming to us for it.

The big man at Universal was actually toying with the idea and ideas on a release were passed from us and them. With something like this, the artist has a massive say, more so than they do with their record company releases. Sadly nothing was agreed or this would have worked. Money just isn't that important to some people.

Now I've taken your advice, cleared up the situation and don't think I've been out of line with either posts and hopefully this will have answered some of your points?

samurai7
14 May 2008, 01:06
(Live singles DO occur, i'e Bat Out Of Hell live from Wembley - 1987, they just never do well).

Elton John & George Michael, anyone? ;)

(just saying... :p)

Monstro
14 May 2008, 01:08
Elton John & George Michael, anyone? ;)

No thanks lol

Battybarb
14 May 2008, 01:10
Dont think so ...George Michael((look wise,what a waste,anything else..no thanks))

samurai7
14 May 2008, 01:19
the song, silly :roll: :lol:

Battybarb
14 May 2008, 01:32
i know...lol

meatloaf-unofficial
14 May 2008, 11:22
I think I was perfectly within my right to ask you to read the post againg as your reply, though correct, was not really relevant to the topic.

Why would the record company do it? Well within the last year they have with The Wombats, Hard-Fi, Jimmy Eat World, Madness, Wet Wet Wet, James Blunt, We Are Scientists, Paramore, Alexonfire, Crowded House, Brett Anderson, Simon Webb and that is to just name a few.

Nowhere in any of my posts have I indicated that a live single would be released.

Although, I do agree that a live single release on its own wouldn't chart. But, with the concert live format, whatever is release would chart. Usually there are 1000 cds pressed from each show. Most of them are sold with a multi-buy of 3 physical formats and a download. So from one show you have the potential of 4,000 chart counting sales. Now add that to whatever comes from other shows on tours and that soon adds up. Hence, the format works and more people are coming to us for it.

The big man at Universal was actually toying with the idea and ideas on a release were passed from us and them. With something like this, the artist has a massive say, more so than they do with their record company releases. Sadly nothing was agreed or this would have worked. Money just isn't that important to some people.

Now I've taken your advice, cleared up the situation and don't think I've been out of line with either posts and hopefully this will have answered some of your points?

looks like we nearly had a "yes" from the record company... shame though, would of been nice to hear patti singing and the reorded versions of some new songs he's puitting in.

Also it would of been great to hear what Meat had to say about it.. what's his answer to this, as at the end of the day, its him thats being recorded :-)

RadioMaster
14 May 2008, 11:42
i can imgine hes not too keen on it.

Guess Kev is not the only one to bring this idea to him (especially if it's promising the success he said)
And if he hasnt done it in 30 years of touring, he certainly wont start now, and must have his reasons not to.

Kev
14 May 2008, 16:21
We're the first to throw the live ones with the singles release, that's why we've got the record companies onboard etc. But yeah, I'm sure others have come with the idea too.

meatloaf-unofficial
14 May 2008, 16:56
was the bootlegs on 1993 not like this? As he obvously agreed to that being recorded...