PDA

View Full Version : # 49!!!!!!!!

heat
25 Apr 2003, 15:54
Hiya All,

Am a little bit mortified, as i've just been speaking to my DJ mate at Swansea Sound, and he said that they have taken Meat's single of the Playlist, as on Sunday it's likely to be in the charts at about number 49!!!!

i can't believe it!!! I thought we were all doing really well getting the single sold - it just doesn't seem fair. I'm waiting for him to email me back with the sales figures, which he has, if he's allowed to give them to me. If i get them, i'll let you know.

Heat
xxx

The Flying Mouse
25 Apr 2003, 16:31
:twisted: Hi Heat.
That's terrible news :cry: .
I wonder if there has been any more distribution problems.Both Virgin and HMV had a good suply this morning,but Meat said that Mercury had originally put out only 6600 singles because they were only interested in album sales :? .
It would be a crying shame for the single to go no higher.I thought it would shoot up the charts this week.

Can you shed any light on this Meat?

Bart
25 Apr 2003, 16:34
Maybe next week. This week the album is in the charts. it will push the single up in the charts, i think.

ChrisBelfast
25 Apr 2003, 16:43
the single must kept being played for the album to get publicity!

The Flying Mouse
25 Apr 2003, 16:46
:twisted: Hi Bart.
Fingers crossed man,fingers crossed.
The only problem is,that a lot of people won't bother with the single if they can get the album for £6.00 more.
Hopefully the fact that Unsaid (which is one amazing song)isn't on the album will be enough insentive to buy both.That's so long as people read the track lists and compare them.

Interesting note,last week Virgin Megastore were selling the single for £2.99.This week they've put it up a pound to £3.99.

It could be a good thing,because they are selling so many singles they want to make more money.

Or it could be a bad thing,because they are selling so few singles,they are trying to recoup the loss from the ones that they do sell.

I think it's a good sign.you don't put up the price of something your desperate to get rid of do you?

Life would have been so much easier if I had thought to ask :oops: .

CarylB
28 Apr 2003, 01:59
Think we have to do more than cross our fingers FM .. we have to keep on with every means we can think of to promote the album and get CHSIB airtime, and to that end lobby those who produce the playlists. Publicity in local press wouldn't do any harm either!

dottie
28 Apr 2003, 11:55
Think we have to do more than cross our fingers FM .. we have to keep on with every means we can think of to promote the album and get CHSIB airtime, and to that end lobby those who produce the playlists. Publicity in local press wouldn't do any harm either!

Cann't get your picture open CarylB :roll: